First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Perhaps a dumb question, but I have a convertible where the tops were defective and they were all replaced subsequently with a recall so...

The crappy tops, are they somehow fixing them? If not, aside from the back end logistics issues, why not just ship the Broncos with the structurally sound but cosmetically jacked up tops and replace them at the dealer in a year or two? Or is there some rule against shipping a vehicle with a pre-existing recall sitting on it?
Recalls only matter if their a safety issue. Fords trying to make them right before they leave. After that it costs them a lot of money to correct it. They can either A stop production until the tops are right. Who knows how long that’ll be or B build them as best as they can and hope people don’t bitch. Either way someone will bitch about it.
Sponsored

MustangRanch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT350, 11 GT500, 20 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah still have lux, tow, sas, mod bumper, 2.7 all as holding things up. The MIC top is just the most obvious problem, but there are still a ton of issues with Ford’s supply chain
Mine is built, cleared qc and ready to ship. Supply chain isn’t the issue. Shipping seems to be the bigger issue for mine.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine is built, cleared qc and ready to ship. Supply chain isn’t the issue. Shipping seems to be the bigger issue for mine.
You are luckier than the vast majority of us then

MustangRanch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT350, 11 GT500, 20 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Im ok if a bad top is replaced under warranty.
but hell no am I going to spend 3k of my own money to buy an aftermarket hard top to replace a hard top. Thats a absurd thing to even suggest. If you really believed that, you'd get the soft top and buy the hard top later.

The complete void of prototypes or any pricing discourages me from doing that.

Sponsored

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is all part of the master plan....ship crappy hard tops, extend the soft top switch a week, then ship mostly soft tops, then kick the hard top problem down the road...

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Recalls only matter if their a safety issue. Fords trying to make them right before they leave. After that it costs them a lot of money to correct it. They can either A stop production until the tops are right. Who knows how long that’ll be or B build them as best as they can and hope people don’t bitch. Either way someone will bitch about it.
That's fair. If you buy the twill soft top afterwards from Ford it's what $2,200? And if you upgrade to the MIC at order that's $695? So you could - if tops were all 100% OK now - buy both for ~$3K? Gesture of good will, and probably not far off cost, ship everyone soft now if they want and sell them hard later for $1,500.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's fair. If you buy the twill soft top afterwards from Ford it's what $2,200? And if you upgrade to the MIC at order that's $695? So you could - if tops were all 100% OK now - buy both for ~$3K? Gesture of good will, and probably not far off cost, ship everyone soft now if they want and sell them hard later for $1,500.
That sounds excellent but it’s too bad the hard tops will be $2500+.

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So they botched the MIC tops and took away the canvas bimini option? I think they owe everyone waiting for their Bronco 2,956,411 FordPass Points

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That sounds excellent but it’s too bad the hard tops will be $2500+.
Would be nice to know they actually cost, but freight to dealer would likely eat any discount they could offer people. Soft tops being f*cked would be an easier problem to solve.

Sponsored

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm paying $40K for a brand new vehicle and if I have any top issues, they better be covered under warranty. Having to buy a whole top in a few years will genuinely piss me off.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The factory soft tops are looking much better right about now lol. Glad I switched and didn’t pay $700 for it. Hopefully the aftermarket comes out with a good hard top in the next year. I’m not a fan of the slanted back tops, just the boxy style

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Disposable? Wtf? I’m not buying a vehicle with a disposable roof and I’m certainly not paying extra to get one that isn’t a piece of shit, fix your shit Ford.
Ford Bronco Consider the MIC Hardtop DISPOSABLE - Ford Keep Shipping Broncos 1626980094094

What if they made it edible? Mmmmm, honeycomb roof.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Disposable? Wtf? I’m not buying a vehicle with a disposable roof and I’m certainly not paying extra to get one that isn’t a piece of shit, fix your shit Ford.
Ya some people are absolutely bronco “crazed” they are willing to piece part their $50-60k rig out and call it good...

I work to damn hard for my cash to say send me WTF ever shit quality u want as long as I can tell my friends look I’m driving a bronco...
Good god..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.