Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine is built, cleared qc and ready to ship. Supply chain isn’t the issue. Shipping seems to be the bigger issue for mine.
Was your dealer the one that was able to tell you it passed QC?

Im also assuming that any unit with a bad MIC top would not list the fact it passed QC.
Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
In complete agreement.

If they’re just trashing the bad ones to replace with the good ones, just give us the bad one now and we’ll trash it for them when they send us a good one that’s available.
Funny, I posted this hypothetical on the forum and there were hardly any takers. Seemed like most people would prefer to wait forever. I don't get it.

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Im also assuming that any unit with a bad MIC top would not list the fact it passed QC.
Apparently there can be additional QC checks after the initial.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya some people are absolutely bronco “crazed” they are willing to piece part their $50-60k rig out and call it good...

I work to damn hard for my cash to say send me WTF ever shit quality u want as long as I can tell my friends look I’m driving a bronco...
Good god..
I know lol, I want my wife to have her Bronco but not at the expense of quality.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya some people are absolutely bronco “crazed” they are willing to piece part their $50-60k rig out and call it good...

I work to damn hard for my cash to say send me WTF ever shit quality u want as long as I can tell my friends look I’m driving a bronco...
Good god..
Why do I think that all the people insisting that they just ship their Bronco now with a bad lid...will be the exact same group of people loudly demanding that Ford 'make it right' for them in the future?

I am pretty sure these people think that there is a shipping fairy that will wave their wand and magically teleport a new MIC top from MAP directly to them free of charge for all parties involved.

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Good god..
Not the case for me. Not even close to Bronco crazed (especially now), but instead, I made the mistake of planning a lease return around the original planned delivery of the Bronco.

Things changed, and so now I'm at a point where I will take something to get me "wheels" and let Ford warranty service take care of the rest.

I don't give a shit about telling anyone I'm driving a Bronco.

MustangRanch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT350, 11 GT500, 20 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mine is a soft tip. Status released awaiting shipment. Was released same day as blend. Im hoping its on a truck tomorrow

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Funny, I posted this hypothetical on the forum and there were hardly any takers. Seemed like most people would prefer to wait forever. I don't get it.
If I manufacturer knows the product is defective and ships it anyway, they are opening themselves up for litigation. They will never do this.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not the case for me. Not even close to Bronco crazed (especially now), but instead, I made the mistake of planning a lease return around the original planned delivery of the Bronco.

Things changed, and so now I'm at a point where I will take something to get me "wheels" and let Ford warranty service take care of the rest.

I don't give a shit about telling anyone I'm driving a Bronco.
I get the lease thing but why wouldn’t u want it right from the start.

for me the bronco is a traditional thing handed down from my old man but I can say this if I am spending my money on it it needs to right before it gets shipped.

if not I will buy something else

It just seems proper are just willing to take whatever bullshit quality and be happy with it..
Boggles the damn mind..

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get the lease thing but why wouldn’t u want it right from the start.

for me the bronco is a traditional thing handed down from my old man but I can say this if I am spending my money on it it needs to right before it gets shipped.

if not I will buy something else

It just seems proper are just willing to take whatever bullshit quality and be happy with it..
Boggles the damn mind..
I get what you're saying. My thinking is I need a car NOW. So I'll take it with a shitty MIC (as long as it's not leaking, cosmetic issues only). Then I'll wait for warranty service to replace it.

Then I can enjoy it now while I wait for the replacement, instead of waiting for the entire vehicle now.

So it's less about giving up quality, and more about what I'm waiting for.

Trust me, if I had a second car I would happily wait until they get everything sorted before taking delivery. But not the case for me unfortunately.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Disposable? Wtf? I’m not buying a vehicle with a disposable roof and I’m certainly not paying extra to get one that isn’t a piece of shit, fix your shit Ford.
I totally agree. Also...some say aftermarket will have something better. Maybe....but why should WE have to pay for that???! The MIC has been produced in great shape....they just need to make sure that every MIC leaving the factory is in great shape. Not one should be sent out with de-lamination, frayed edges, snake skin/inner core showing through, marred up....etc. Not one!

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know not all tops are created equal. But I got the chance to see one for the first time today and I was looking at it like it was mine and if I would accept the order. I am a stickler when it comes to looking for imperfections on my cars/trucks, and I would have been fine with the top.

In fact, I was more impressed with the top in person than anything I have seen on the internet. But I want to be clear I am not saying they don't have issues, just that if everyone got the top I saw I think they would be more than ok with it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally agree. Also...some say aftermarket will have something better. Maybe....but why should WE have to pay for that???! The MIC has been produced in great shape....they just need to make sure that every MIC leaving the factory is in great shape. Not one should be sent out with de-lamination, frayed edges, snake skin/inner core showing through, marred up....etc. Not one!
Exactly!!

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Never worked for a dealer or automaker but doubt dealers are being given formal instructions from Ford corporate to do follow-up inspections of specific issues upon delivery(?) For the same reasons dealers don't write TSBs, etc...

Me either. My 2dr mic en route as of yesterday. If Ford calls and says 'hey, we've had a few bad eggs so we're not sure if your top is 100% perfect but it looks G2G based on our inspection routine so far, do you want us to hold onto it for unknown amount of time longer (we've got a few other issues still cookin), so we can make sure it's 100% perfect, or do you want us to ship it knowing you have a warranty, that can be extended if you wish- what would anyone's answer be?

Why do I think that all the people insisting that they just ship their Bronco now with a bad lid...will be the exact same group of people loudly demanding that Ford 'make it right' for them in the future?

I am pretty sure these people think that there is a shipping fairy that will wave their wand and magically teleport a new MIC top from MAP directly to them free of charge for all parties involved.
Haiii, I'm a nice guy and know there's no free lunch but why should we be concerned what's free of charge for Ford if it's a warrantable claim and they chose to ship them at-risk?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.