Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you really believed that, you'd get the soft top and buy the hard top later.
Try it . . .
Go to Ford website . . . try to Build a 2-Door without MIC hardtop . . .
And let us know how it works . . .
Sponsored

Last edited:

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haiii, I'm a nice guy and know there's no free lunch but why should we be concerned what's free of charge for Ford if it's a warrantable claim and they chose to ship them at-risk?
Which is why Ford shouldn't ship them at-risk.

This thread is advocating for shipping bad tops immediately as is and 'figuring it out later'. This makes zero business sense for Ford for many reasons including that the claim costs would be prohibitive.

Some of the posters wishes and dreams for Ford action on this topic are not based in any kind of reality and are driven from very myopic, personal needs such as leases ending and instant gratification et al. These people need to stay with us here on Planet Earth.

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know not all tops are created equal. But I got the chance to see one for the first time today and I was looking at it like it was mine and if I would accept the order. I am a stickler when it comes to looking for imperfections on my cars/trucks, and I would have been fine with the top.

In fact, I was more impressed with the top in person than anything I have seen on the internet. But I want to be clear I am not saying they don't have issues, just that if everyone got the top I saw I think they would be more than ok with it.
It's great to see some posts where the MIC tops look absolutely perfect - no problems at all. Maybe there's still hope. I'd like to believe Ford can make quality durable MIC tops for all of us with hardtop builds -

Our build is 2Dr so we have no choice -

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm paying $40K for a brand new vehicle and if I have any top issues, they better be covered under warranty. Having to buy a whole top in a few years will genuinely piss me off.
40k is the average price of a light duty vehicle at this point, people keep thinking they paying a lot of money compared to other vehicles....

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My jeep hardtop is not disposable. Why should the bronco be. What's wrong with you?
Ford does not currently offer a durable hard top that is comparable to Jeep. The warranty won't cover scratching or denting of the MIC top. Some owners are reporting that their defect-free tops scratch easily and we have seen some that are already dented. It is clearly not the carefree offroad-capable top that we were hoping for.

This thread is advocating for shipping bad tops immediately as is and 'figuring it out later'. This makes zero business sense for Ford for many reasons including that the claim costs would be prohibitive.
Everyone wants Ford to fix the cosmetic problems, but we don't want them to cancel 2dr production. Some of us would rather get a hardtop that we have to throw away in 5 years due to deterioration/scratching/denting if the only other option is a soft top that will also need periodic replacement.

Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would be happy with an aluminum one piece top. Door and latch for the back drivers window. I am unlikely to run without a top. Or make all back windows removable.

1626957458859.png
Leer, Lund, name some other truck cap manufacturers. Ummm, Ford, thoughts on putting an RFI out to any of them?

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

40k is the average price of a light duty vehicle at this point, people keep thinking they paying a lot of money compared to other vehicles....
Maybe that's the question:
- paying a lot of money for a vehicle VS

- paying a lot of money for a comparable product.

2 different things.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Which is why Ford shouldn't ship them at-risk.

Some of the posters wishes and dreams for Ford action on this topic are not based in any kind of reality and are driven from very myopic, personal needs such as leases ending and instant gratification et al. These people need to stay with us here on Planet Earth.
Who's to know for sure if there's anything further at-risk? We've seen more than one top that's had issues. But the ones I've seen have been (sometimes very) early builds. Speculation of what 'bad roof' grease pen writings on windows at MAP exactly means, aside, I think I've already seen (after flagging) alot more mic reports as ~flawless/no noted issues (yet).

Respectfully, as myopic as my instant gratification of the Bronco I ordered is on the way whether I like it or not is, I think this is more a case of internet-group-thinks ('conventional wisdom' as another b6g'r put it in a different thread recently) making a bigger problem out of something a multi-billion dollar manufacturer may better know it to currently-be.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.