Sponsored

Considering Changing from Badland to Outer Banks. Help!

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My build for the OBX 2.7 loaded sas was $200 more than the wildtrack (after invoice pricing). The OBX would be slightly more without invoice pricing (since there are more options required on the OBX, and you save 6% on said options). To me, the roast interior is worth it, even if resale takes a hit. I hate the inverted dash colors of the WT.

Keep in mind that for the "OBX on 33s" build, once you tack on gearing, 4wt, 17" aftermarket wheels (to get 33 C load tires, not E), and of course the cost of the tires, you're only saving a couple grand compared to the OBX sasquatch. And only getting half the stance in the process, and non-factory driving dynamics which i presume would be worse than a stock sasquatch.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found that what I really want is an Outer Lands. Or is it Bad Banks? The perfect build would have a combination of items from both.

Each person's list of priorities makes the answer to your question unique to them. For example, in the two-door, leather does not include power seats even though the upgrade is the same price as the four-door. I prefer leather, but the MGV is a good alternative. Adding leather to OB but not BL means the price difference between the two gets closer. If MGV and the Badlands wheels/tires were available on OB, or even if a 17" wheel was an option, I would have definitely done OB. But I decided I didn't want to buy a second set of wheels and tires among other things.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My build for the OBX 2.7 loaded sas was $200 more than the wildtrack (after invoice pricing). The OBX would be slightly more without invoice pricing (since there are more options required on the OBX, and you save 6% on said options). To me, the roast interior is worth it, even if resale takes a hit. I hate the inverted dash colors of the WT.

Keep in mind that for the "OBX on 33s" build, once you tack on gearing, 4wt, 17" aftermarket wheels (to get 33 C load tires, not E), and of course the cost of the tires, you're only saving a couple grand compared to the OBX sasquatch. And only getting half the stance in the process, and non-factory driving dynamics which i presume would be worse than a stock sasquatch.
I'd have to see why I wouldn't just take the WT over the OB since their basically the same. WT had a lot of included features and came with the SAS.. and I need to look at their leather package/colors but they may pass. I don't like the exterior decals on the WT though.

Qman68

Outer Banks
First Name
Q
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang V6 prem, 98 Jeep Cherokee LTD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This was way to much help. Thanks! Your right on all accounts because the OB is coming in 3k less than the BL and WT if with the 2.7L. I like the colored flares and mirrors and don't need the disconnect. I think you've helped me and it is cheaper than the BL and WT.. But I will have to do something about those tires.
I wanted cloth, auto, big screen and V6...like you guys figured, OBX was by far the most economical solution. Added the rear diff. and advanced transfer case for a little off road dexterity.

100,000 Bronco's will never be used to their full potential, including the one I ordered.

Really hope those tires look better in person! I'd take any other wheel package over the 18" rims.

If its wired in, buy it. If it bolts on, swap it. If it wears down, let it.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I began a similar dilemma but gave up on it knowing I was likely getting a 2022 and will repick all these things in a few months anyway. However so food for thought.
1. Nobody ever complained that their engine was too powerful. (MOPOWAHBABY)
2. By all accounts the MGV is pretty sweet and basically leather so how badly do you really want those back seat cup holders?
3. I couldn’t by a model that came with wheels I hated, even if another set was in my future I just couldn’t do it. (This was the final determining factor for me going SAS)
4. You are likely getting a MY22, don’t worry until June.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted cloth, auto, big screen and V6...like you guys figured, OBX was by far the most economical solution. Added the rear diff. and advanced transfer case for a little off road dexterity.

100,000 Bronco's will never be used to their full potential, including the one I ordered.

Really hope those tires look better in person! I'd take any other wheel package over the 18" rims.

If its wired in, buy it. If it bolts on, swap it. If it wears down, let it.
EXACTLY. I've build 3 builds to compare several times and the OBX keeps coming out 3k lower with the 2.7, leather, and still good Off Road capability for someone like me who wont use most of it... most of the time I just want the looks when I pull up somewhere and the option to drive it off road if I want to. And yes.... since we have to settle for the 18"... really hoping I'm pleasantly surprised when it gets here.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OBX for your intended usage. I would likely be better off doing the same and changing to OBX from my BD, but in the end, I just like the BD look a bit better.

I would say you are doing the right thing by knowing how you will use it, and getting the stuff you want 95% of the time, rather than the stuff you may at most use 5% of the time.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OBX for your intended usage. I would likely be better off doing the same and changing to OBX from my BD, but in the end, I just like the BD look a bit better.

I would say you are doing the right thing by knowing how you will use it, and getting the stuff you want 95% of the time, rather than the stuff you may at most use 5% of the time.
But your right... I know I won't use most of BD options but the BD Look.... can't get over how good it looks even without the SAS pack.

whitmack1

Outer Banks
First Name
Whit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Sahara JKU / '18 4Runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm new and posted a thread earlier that helped me greatly and it was fun! I won't be doing much if any rock crawling so I realized I could get leather and the 2.7L trans and still come almost even with the Outerbanks (But I get 2.7L, Leather, etc.). I could also add options to somewhat (I said somewhat) equip the OB like a BL. If I kept my BL the same and added the 2.7L it would jump the price $3,000+. Here is my original reservation with the Badlands:
  • Rapid Red Badlands, 4dr (Was originally A51, but looks like every Bronco on the Road will be A51)
  • 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels (No SAS)
  • Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC)
  • Marine Grade Vinyl Seats
  • 2.3L Manual
  • High Package
  • Accessories: Floor Liners, Roof Rails/Crossbars, Keypad, Towing Capacity
  • $52,735
  • If I add 2.7L and Auto: $55,860
Here is the Outer Banks build:
  • Rapid Red Outer Banks, 4dr (Yep. Changing Color)
  • 18" Bright Machined Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheel (Don't like these. If we got 33's on this I wouldn't be posting this thread)
  • Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC)
  • Leather-Trimmed/Vinyl Seats – Roast with Black Onyx
  • 2.7l Auto
  • High Package
  • Rear Locking Differential, 4.27 Locking Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio
  • Accessories: Auxiliary Switches, Floor Liners, Roof Rails/Crossbars, Keypad, Towing Capacity
  • Rock Rails
  • $52,780
I will lose these if I go with the OB over the BL:
  • Wash out interior
  • MGV seats
  • Front Stabilizer Bar Disconnect
  • suspension
  • 33 inch tires (Really don't like the 32 inch tires on the OB)
But would get these for a lower price on the OB:
  • Leather Seats
  • 2.7L Transmission
  • Automatic (although I wouldn't mind the manual)
  • Tube step
I feel I can change the tires out myself on the OB and still get some of those eye candy goodies. I would still be able to jump off road and do what I want although the BL will leave me in the dust if I ever get to the rock trail. I'm sure most of you all would still go with the BAD but this does give me something to think about since I won't be extreme off roading.
same boat buddy, same boat.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE: It is DONE. Just left the Dealership and changed from BL to OBX. Got everything except the SAS and settled for the 18" Tires and came out at $51,540. I'm good with that and got the 2.7, Leather, High Package,, etc. Guess I'm a Rapid Red OBX Guy now! Let's roll!... still 6-12 months out though 😔.....

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went the other way merely for the interior. Just can’t get over the OB interior.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, the Badlands is a long term love affair. Initially, I’m driving it like a delicate flower, as if it’s my baby/future classic.

Sure, I’ll do some off-roading, but probably not rock climbing for the first few years. I’ll graduate to that a little later, but I certainly want the functionality later without having to aftermarket immediately. I want my experience to grow with my Bronco.

one of the absolute best things about this Bronco reservation is the off-road academy. I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am for that.

if I didn’t have any real plans to evolve my rig into an off-road hobby, I’d probably look more intently at the OBX, but I like the idea that the Badlands is an advanced off-roader that can still make me appreciate later on enhancements.

I feel like the Badlands is the commitment, where the OBX is the flirt

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went the other way merely for the interior. Just can’t get over the OB interior.
Not just for the interior. My BL build was more expensive and I had the 2.3L. The OBX was cheaper by 3k with 2.7L, auto trans and a few other things. Really just got the bigger engine for a lower price on the OBX.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not just for the interior. My BL build was more expensive and I had the 2.3L. The OBX was cheaper by 3k with 2.7L, auto trans and a few other things. Really just got the bigger engine for a lower price on the OBX.
Yeah, it makes sense for you. We started on an OBX and after talking it over we both hated the interior so we went badlands. Ford delaying the orders until 2050 helped with saving the extra cash for the difference lol.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, the Badlands is a long term love affair. Initially, I’m driving it like a delicate flower, as if it’s my baby/future classic.

Sure, I’ll do some off-roading, but probably not rock climbing for the first few years. I’ll graduate to that a little later, but I certainly want the functionality later without having to aftermarket immediately. I want my experience to grow with my Bronco.

one of the absolute best things about this Bronco reservation is the off-road academy. I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am for that.

if I didn’t have any real plans to evolve my rig into an off-road hobby, I’d probably look more intently at the OBX, but I like the idea that the Badlands is an advanced off-roader that can still make me appreciate later on enhancements.

I feel like the Badlands is the commitment, where the OBX is the flirt
Completely agree and see why you committed to the BL. It was hard for a while to make that change today but I realized I don't see myself doing very advanced off roading. I see myself doing a lot of camping and fishing with my fam but nothing that will require me climbing rocks, etc.. even so the OBX will be very capable in doing those things but of course not as capable as the BL. I was also able to get the 2.7L for must less than my BL build.
Sponsored