Sponsored

Considering Changing from Badland to Outer Banks. Help!

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, it makes sense for you. We started on an OBX and after talking it over we both hated the interior so we went badlands. Ford delaying the orders until 2050 helped with saving the extra cash for the difference lol.
You can't beat that BL look though... that is what made me hesitate... The 33s are GREAT and I didn't even consider the SAS. The MGV looks GREAT and is a luxury over the leather in my option because of the convenience..

Let me stop before I end up going back and changing back.. they'd lock the doors on me.. smh..
Sponsored

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm new and posted a thread earlier that helped me greatly and it was fun! I won't be doing much if any rock crawling so I realized I could get leather and the 2.7L trans and still come almost even with the Outerbanks (But I get 2.7L, Leather, etc.). I could also add options to somewhat (I said somewhat) equip the OB like a BL. If I kept my BL the same and added the 2.7L it would jump the price $3,000+. Here is my original reservation with the Badlands:
  • Rapid Red Badlands, 4dr (Was originally A51, but looks like every Bronco on the Road will be A51)
  • 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels (No SAS)
  • Top ā€“ Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC)
  • Marine Grade Vinyl Seats
  • 2.3L Manual
  • High Package
  • Accessories: Floor Liners, Roof Rails/Crossbars, Keypad, Towing Capacity
  • $52,735
  • If I add 2.7L and Auto: $55,860
Here is the Outer Banks build:
  • Rapid Red Outer Banks, 4dr (Yep. Changing Color)
  • 18" Bright Machined Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheel (Don't like these. If we got 33's on this I wouldn't be posting this thread)
  • Top ā€“ Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC)
  • Leather-Trimmed/Vinyl Seats ā€“ Roast with Black Onyx
  • 2.7l Auto
  • High Package
  • Rear Locking Differential, 4.27 Locking Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio
  • Accessories: Auxiliary Switches, Floor Liners, Roof Rails/Crossbars, Keypad, Towing Capacity
  • Rock Rails
  • $52,780
I will lose these if I go with the OB over the BL:
  • Wash out interior
  • MGV seats
  • Front Stabilizer Bar Disconnect
  • suspension
  • 33 inch tires (Really don't like the 32 inch tires on the OB)
But would get these for a lower price on the OB:
  • Leather Seats
  • 2.7L Transmission
  • Automatic (although I wouldn't mind the manual)
  • Tube step
I feel I can change the tires out myself on the OB and still get some of those eye candy goodies. I would still be able to jump off road and do what I want although the BL will leave me in the dust if I ever get to the rock trail. I'm sure most of you all would still go with the BAD but this does give me something to think about since I won't be extreme off roading.
Just a heads up, I donā€™t believe you can get the rock rails on the OuterBanks. I too am getting an OuterBanks, and even though it shows it as an option in the B&P, when you click on the info button for the rock rails, it says that they are not available for vehicles that come standard with running boards, which the OB does. Made me sad when I realized it.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a heads up, I donā€™t believe you can get the rock rails on the OuterBanks. I too am getting an OuterBanks, and even though it shows it as an option in the B&P, when you click on the info button for the rock rails, it says that they are not available for vehicles that come standard with running boards, which the OB does. Made me sad when I realized it.
Your spot on. I chose them and when they were inputting the changes they said Rock Rails weren't available on the OBX and I would have to get them after market. I felt some type of way about that but I went through with it.

FoCoBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, X3, MDX, Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Went the other way merely for the interior. Just canā€™t get over the OB interior.
Same here, started OBX. Could fix flares, wheels, etc but not that interior bronze dash. Just prefer the black of BL.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here, started OBX. Could fix flares, wheels, etc but not that interior bronze dash. Just prefer the black of BL.
Lol. You weren't a fan of the bronze dash? The other alternative was the blue-ish gray dash I believe.

Sponsored

FoCoBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, X3, MDX, Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol. You weren't a fan of the bronze dash? The other alternative was the blue-ish gray dash I believe.
Yeah, did not care for either as I like the black interior better. If I could have that in OBX I would have gone that route and fixed everything else after purchase

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ohhh I feel the indecisiveness!!! I reserved OBX. I loved everything about it...until I fell in love with the MGV AND wash out floors and 33ā€ tires!!!! I also will do very little off roaring but Iā€™m very fortunate to be an A/Z plan recipient so I just went for BL 2-door loaded up 2.7 like I wanted. I also am getting Rapid Red! The color is simply STUNNING!!! my 2020 Escape is Rapid Red and I just canā€™t get enough of it. You made a great choice! Itā€™s going to be amazing!!!! These Broncos have so much h diversity to them . Itā€™s going to be awesome to see them on the street and in everyoneā€™s driveways!! Congrats!!!!

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ohhh I feel the indecisiveness!!! I reserved OBX. I loved everything about it...until I fell in love with the MGV AND wash out floors and 33ā€ tires!!!! I also will do very little off roaring but Iā€™m very fortunate to be an A/Z plan recipient so I just went for BL 2-door loaded up 2.7 like I wanted. I also am getting Rapid Red! The color is simply STUNNING!!! my 2020 Escape is Rapid Red and I just canā€™t get enough of it. You made a great choice! Itā€™s going to be amazing!!!! These Broncos have so much h diversity to them . Itā€™s going to be awesome to see them on the street and in everyoneā€™s driveways!! Congrats!!!!
NICE! See.... Yes! BL is just GREAT... honestly I'm happy with the change to OBX but if I could get everything I wanted with the BL at a certain price point I would have stuck with it. The 33" tires were what made me stand in the showroom deciding for 15 minutes until I changed... the MGV looks better than the leather my wife said!

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

NICE! See.... Yes! BL is just GREAT... honestly I'm happy with the change to OBX but if I could get everything I wanted with the BL at a certain price point I would have stuck with it. The 33" tires were what made me stand in the showroom deciding for 15 minutes until I changed... the MGV looks better than the leather my wife said!
That is so exciting to hear!!! I have not seen a Badlands in person yet. Iā€™m spending more than I should have for sure but Covid taught my husband (a firefighter and me a nurse)a valuable ...LIVE LIFE!!! So youā€™re impressed with MGV and 33ā€ā€™s??? This will be my daily driver (95 miles) to and from the hospital. He had no part of it but now I think is secretly interested!

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is so exciting to hear!!! I have not seen a Badlands in person yet. Iā€™m spending more than I should have for sure but Covid taught my husband (a firefighter and me a nurse)a valuable ...LIVE LIFE!!! So youā€™re impressed with MGV and 33ā€ā€™s??? This will be my daily driver (95 miles) to and from the hospital. He had no part of it but now I think is secretly interested!
Your so right. We are living now and this is a passion of mine. I drive 120 one way a few times a week so this will be my daily as well. I was EXTREMELY IMPRESSED WITH MGV and the 33's... I really didn't see the point to getting SAS Pack because the 33's were so aggressive and did the trick for me. The only reason I changed is because it was thousands less and I got 2.7 and auto (so my wife can drive as well), and I like the roast leather (not more than MGV but it will do).. I felt like I got what fit us since I won't be off roading if any. And I bugged my wife so much she started talking Bronco lingo! I was impressed! and I'm excited about RApid Red... my reservation was A51 for all these months... the dealership was shocked when I went Rapid!

Sponsored

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your so right. We are living now and this is a passion of mine. I drive 120 one way a few times a week so this will be my daily as well. I was EXTREMELY IMPRESSED WITH MGV and the 33's... I really didn't see the point to getting SAS Pack because the 33's were so aggressive and did the trick for me. The only reason I changed is because it was thousands less and I got 2.7 and auto (so my wife can drive as well), and I like the roast leather (not more than MGV but it will do).. I felt like I got what fit us since I won't be off roading if any. And I bugged my wife so much she started talking Bronco lingo! I was impressed! and I'm excited about RApid Red... my reservation was A51 for all these months... the dealership was shocked when I went Rapid!
Omg. Iā€™m soooo excited for you guys!!! The Roast interior is gorgeous!!! Do send pictures when you get it!!! Iā€™m anxiously awaiting the notification from Ford next month on our delivery estimates. Your wife sounds HILARIOUS!!!! Wow , you changed from Area 51? Itā€™s gorgeous too. But yes a lot of the Broncos will be Area 51! Thanks for your insight!!! Itā€™s always nice chatting with people so excited about this! Have a great week!!! Stay safe! šŸ˜Ž

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can't beat that BL look though... that is what made me hesitate... The 33s are GREAT and I didn't even consider the SAS. The MGV looks GREAT and is a luxury over the leather in my option because of the convenience..

Let me stop before I end up going back and changing back.. they'd lock the doors on me.. smh..
Thatā€™s what sold me! Lol. I was going to surprise my wife with a BB when I first reserved. Then I saw all the specs and decided OBX. Then I could not decide (I wanted the BL) I surprised her with the pre-order and let her decide. She was fine with the BD and MGV but I told her that 12ā€ screen was sweet. So we settled on the BL lol. It will be a beautiful mall crawler!

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s what sold me! Lol. I was going to surprise my wife with a BB when I first reserved. Then I saw all the specs and decided OBX. Then I could not decide (I wanted the BL) I surprised her with the pre-order and let her decide. She was fine with the BD and MGV but I told her that 12ā€ screen was sweet. So we settled on the BL lol. It will be a beautiful mall crawler!
OBX is stacked to be a great mall crawler but the BL can mall crawl, rock crawl, baja, volcano crawl and more. You can't go wrong with it... I was just able to fit in that 2.7, and a few more eye candy items which made me go to the OBX. I'll miss the BL but didn't want to pay 56k or more on it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OBX is stacked to be a great mall crawler but the BL can mall crawl, rock crawl, baja, volcano crawl and more. You can't go wrong with it... I was just able to fit in that 2.7, and a few more eye candy items which made me go to the OBX. I'll miss the BL but didn't want to pay 56k or more on it.
I donā€™t blame you, I assume youā€™re going 4 door? Granger and the 2 door helped soften that blow a little bit.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Completely agree and see why you committed to the BL. It was hard for a while to make that change today but I realized I don't see myself doing very advanced off roading. I see myself doing a lot of camping and fishing with my fam but nothing that will require me climbing rocks, etc.. even so the OBX will be very capable in doing those things but of course not as capable as the BL. I was also able to get the 2.7L for must less than my BL build.
And thatā€™s awesome. I think the fact youā€™re putting in a lot of thought will pay massive dividends down the road.

thereā€™s absolutely nothing wrong with the OBX. Over the course of these 9 months, Iā€™ve really started to appreciate the differences in each build. I just wish getting a bike rack didnā€™t add an extra grand to the build
o_Oo_Oo_O
Sponsored