Sponsored

Considering Changing from Badland to Outer Banks. Help!

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t blame you, I assume you’re going 4 door? Granger and the 2 door helped soften that blow a little bit.
Yea. 4dr for me. For the lil ones if we need to ride
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Murf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 F150. '15 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ultimately ended up in the same boat as you. Started with the Big Bend. Moved to the Badlands and ended up with the OBX. By the time I worked it all out, the OBX seemed to make the most sense, for me. 4Dr, high package, 2.7, MIC, towing, roast cloth in Carbonized Grey. I will change tires to T/A KO2's just as quick as I can wear the stock tires out. I fretted for a bit, but happy with the end result.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ultimately ended up in the same boat as you. Started with the Big Bend. Moved to the Badlands and ended up with the OBX. By the time I worked it all out, the OBX seemed to make the most sense, for me. 4Dr, high package, 2.7, MIC, towing, roast cloth in Carbonized Grey. I will change tires to T/A KO2's just as quick as I can wear the stock tires out. I fretted for a bit, but happy with the end result.
Nice build. I changed yesterday went from BL to OBX. Feel real good about it.
Rapid Red, high pack, roasted leather, MIC, towing, aux buttons, 2.7l, roof rails. And I'm the same. I'll get my own beefed up tire when it's time. Just wondering if I should bother them again and get the on demand 4x4. But I like my choice. Just don't see a lot of stock OBX pics and video online

Sponsored
OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whats your full build?
OBX
Rapid Red 4dr
2.7L Auto
High Package
Roasted Leather
MIC Top
Roof Rails
Tow Capacity
Rear Diff, 4.27
Aux Buttons
Key Pad

Said I wouldn't bother them again but debating calling and adding the On Demand 4x4

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm new and posted a thread earlier that helped me greatly and it was fun! I won't be doing much if any rock crawling so I realized I could get leather and the 2.7L trans and still come almost even with the Outerbanks (But I get 2.7L, Leather, etc.). I could also add options to somewhat (I said somewhat) equip the OB like a BL. If I kept my BL the same and added the 2.7L it would jump the price $3,000+. Here is my original reservation with the Badlands:
  • Rapid Red Badlands, 4dr (Was originally A51, but looks like every Bronco on the Road will be A51)
  • 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels (No SAS)
  • Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC)
  • Marine Grade Vinyl Seats
  • 2.3L Manual
  • High Package
  • Accessories: Floor Liners, Roof Rails/Crossbars, Keypad, Towing Capacity
  • $52,735
  • If I add 2.7L and Auto: $55,860
Here is the Outer Banks build:
  • Rapid Red Outer Banks, 4dr (Yep. Changing Color)
  • 18" Bright Machined Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheel (Don't like these. If we got 33's on this I wouldn't be posting this thread)
  • Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC)
  • Leather-Trimmed/Vinyl Seats – Roast with Black Onyx
  • 2.7l Auto
  • High Package
  • Rear Locking Differential, 4.27 Locking Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio
  • Accessories: Auxiliary Switches, Floor Liners, Roof Rails/Crossbars, Keypad, Towing Capacity
  • Rock Rails
  • $52,780
I will lose these if I go with the OB over the BL:
  • Wash out interior
  • MGV seats
  • Front Stabilizer Bar Disconnect
  • suspension
  • 33 inch tires (Really don't like the 32 inch tires on the OB)
But would get these for a lower price on the OB:
  • Leather Seats
  • 2.7L Transmission
  • Automatic (although I wouldn't mind the manual)
  • Tube step
I feel I can change the tires out myself on the OB and still get some of those eye candy goodies. I would still be able to jump off road and do what I want although the BL will leave me in the dust if I ever get to the rock trail. I'm sure most of you all would still go with the BAD but this does give me something to think about since I won't be extreme off roading.
The bigger engine is a must imo. For 6% more I'd get the Badlands 2.7L. Badlands with optional rims and 33" tires is going to look way better than the OB. BL will be more desirable and retain more value on the secondary market.

I opted for Base 2.7L Squatch because I want big and poweerful and couldn't care less about option packages and I like getting a bargain.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely see your dilemma... At first, I was going for a BL but then started looking at an OBX due to the fact that I was wanting a lot of the creature comforts that came with the Lux package. They're going to be used more than I would ever use the offroad capabilities of a BL.

Well, now my issue is between OBX and WT.. I pretty much maxed out my OBX build other than leather... If it wasn't for the horrendous interior of the WT I'd be switching to that in a heartbeat. Not saying that the OBX has any better interior choices... but you get 2 choices to mull over at least and they're definitely better than that cream color...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I played around with the idea of OBX 2.7 Squatch or Badlands 2.3 manual. I believe there will be better bumpers and sliders than on the Badlands, so figured I could armor it aftermarket.

I understand going with something like the 4WP suspension aftermarket. However, if you are skipping Squatch—it is not just suspension—it is front axle, gearing and lockers too. (All of which are included on the Badlands.)

In the end, the OBX was more expensive, so I stuck with Badlands, hoping for a different lower profile (and cost) winch option and/or camera relocation. The sliders will still go, replace by something adding side protection and a step plate.

Whichever you pick, you'll be able to "recover" from your decision aftermarket. That said, the interior goodies may actually be the hardest to change out over armor and mechanical goodies ...

Sponsored
OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I played around with the idea of OBX 2.7 Squatch or Badlands 2.3 manual. I believe there will be better bumpers and sliders than on the Badlands, so figured I could armor it aftermarket.

I understand going with something like the 4WP suspension aftermarket. However, if you are skipping Squatch—it is not just suspension—it is front axle, gearing and lockers too. (All of which are included on the Badlands.)

In the end, the OBX was more expensive, so I stuck with Badlands, hoping for a different lower profile (and cost) winch option and/or camera relocation. The sliders will still go, replace by something adding side protection and a step plate.

Whichever you pick, you'll be able to "recover" from your decision aftermarket. That said, the interior goodies may actually be the hardest to change out over armor and mechanical goodies ...
Yes, your right the BL comes with so much of what you what spend tons on if you are doing a lot of off roading. I was on the 2.3 with the BL and realized I could get the OBX for thousands less with the 2.7L I had to change it up. As far as the interior your right again.. I keep seeing these aweseome interiors with the company members keep mentioning and may call in and change to cloth... my only other decision I'm struggling with is paying extra for the On Demand 4x4 which comes with BL.

JPMonahasn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for that because I'm complicating things even more now that I did a Wildtrack build that was 55k and a little less than a Badlands with the 2.7L.
I went Wildtrak because it was the same price as my other builds (with all the extras I wanted) and it was the best chance to get SAS in 21

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2dr, 2.3L, 7spd, Velocity Blue
MGV
High package
MIC hard top
Sound deadening headliner(its still listed as something I have to pay for)
Paint protection
Keyless entry
Roof rack
Floor liners
Door storage(to keep the doors safe from garage happenings)
Tow package(simply for the factory wiring, and so aftermarket companies dont use those crappy clip-on wire splices)

This is all speculative because the wife scored this with Military Auto Source, so the destination charge will be removed and a few other military discounts are still to be applied. This is her gift to me for putting up with her unreliable career schedule.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes, your right the BL comes with so much of what you what spend tons on if you are doing a lot of off roading. I was on the 2.3 with the BL and realized I could get the OBX for thousands less with the 2.7L I had to change it up. As far as the interior your right again.. I keep seeing these aweseome interiors with the company members keep mentioning and may call in and change to cloth... my only other decision I'm struggling with is paying extra for the On Demand 4x4 which comes with BL.
So it sounds like your concern is more on road use. It doesn't snow a lot in Virginia (I am from Reston), but it does enough each year—with spotty plowing—that On Demand 4x4 would be real useful. B&P seems to be wonky today, but I would go On Demand 4x4, which I think adds rear locker and 4.27 gearing. 4.27 gearing will allow you to go a little bigger on tires (33's) downstream.

My epinion two cents.
Sponsored