Sponsored

Considering Changing from Badland to Outer Banks. Help!

Darrell

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You left out a front locking differential on the list of stuff you would be giving up
and the steel bumpers and steel bash plates
Sponsored

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it sounds like your concern is more on road use. It doesn't snow a lot in Virginia (I am from Reston), but it does enough each year—with spotty plowing—that On Demand 4x4 would be real useful. B&P seems to be wonky today, but I would go On Demand 4x4, which I think adds rear locker and 4.27 gearing. 4.27 gearing will allow you to go a little bigger on tires (33's) downstream.

My epinion two cents.
Thx. Literally just texted my dealer and asked him to price me on on demand.

Zenithon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Dodge Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading a bunch of these posts, I'm just glad to find out I'm not the only one that has put way to much thought into this. Ford hasn't helped out any by moving the goal posts a bunch of times. I'm ending up with a squatched 4D Badlands, migrating over from an FE. When Ford took away the MOD top, I no longer wanted the FE since all along I really wanted the rubberized flooring and marine grade vinyl seats. I think we all have different ideals of what we want our Bronco's to be. For me, I want to have something resembling that 73 Ford Bronco my dad gave me at 16, which I drove around and wheeled in for 7 summers with the top off loving life. Hope we all get what we want and enjoy our Broncos as much as I enjoyed that 73.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading a bunch of these posts, I'm just glad to find out I'm not the only one that has put way to much thought into this. Ford hasn't helped out any by moving the goal posts a bunch of times. I'm ending up with a squatched 4D Badlands, migrating over from an FE. When Ford took away the MOD top, I no longer wanted the FE since all along I really wanted the rubberized flooring and marine grade vinyl seats. I think we all have different ideals of what we want our Bronco's to be. For me, I want to have something resembling that 73 Ford Bronco my dad gave me at 16, which I drove around and wheeled in for 7 summers with the top off loving life. Hope we all get what we want and enjoy our Broncos as much as I enjoyed that 73.
This helped me cope with the fact I'm thinking about this way to much. No one has been crazier than me with this (Literally just texted my dealer to add On Demand 4x4). Overall I just think the BL is the ultimate trim... the 33s are big enough (for me) to bypass the SAS. And I wanted the look appeal more than the off road beastliness the BL brings (All though BL gives you appeal and beast!). The kicker for me is I was able to get 2.7L and some mall crawl goodies for 3k less than BL. I'll get the tires later down the line for the OBX.

Murf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 F150. '15 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice build. I changed yesterday went from BL to OBX. Feel real good about it.
Rapid Red, high pack, roasted leather, MIC, towing, aux buttons, 2.7l, roof rails. And I'm the same. I'll get my own beefed up tire when it's time. Just wondering if I should bother them again and get the on demand 4x4. But I like my choice. Just don't see a lot of stock OBX pics and video online
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/more-of-carbonized-gray-outer-banks-and-roast-interior.10566/

Sponsored

Nicky107

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For the ones that are ordering the obx without Sasquatch. Did you stick with the 3.73 or opt for the 4.27?

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can't beat that BL look though... that is what made me hesitate... The 33s are GREAT and I didn't even consider the SAS. The MGV looks GREAT and is a luxury over the leather in my option because of the convenience..

I would like to ask what is probably a stupid question? What does SAS and MGV refer to? Thanks,

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For the ones that are ordering the obx without Sasquatch. Did you stick with the 3.73 or opt for the 4.27?
Your avatar photo makes me jealous. Beautiful truck.
Bob

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My OBX IS $55k and it pains me. It’s loaded to the teeth for an OBX, but that price just leaves me a bit anxious. It is what it is, maybe after I go to the viewing event, I’ll either love it or hate it. If I hate it, I’ll just cancel and you guys move one more slot up!

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands needs the Roast Brown interior to be perfect for me. Otherwise I have to Squatch up a 7MT/2.3 MY22 OBX, which I'm not thrilled about losing a couple GOAT modes, when it's unclear how the cameras/sky view integrate with them.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I daily drive my car, so I decided to be reasonable, I invested in 2.7L and High package over things that I won't need like Sasquatched Big Bend or OBX with all those fancy 4x4 extras.
If you can afford a $60K car then equip the hell out of it, if $50K is your max then load it with what you will use the most.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a stupid question at all. I had to get use to the Bronco Lingo.. lol.

SAS= Sasquatch Package
MGV= Marine Grade Vinyl

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My OBX IS $55k and it pains me. It’s loaded to the teeth for an OBX, but that price just leaves me a bit anxious. It is what it is, maybe after I go to the viewing event, I’ll either love it or hate it. If I hate it, I’ll just cancel and you guys move one more slot up!
That's where I am at, too! I have only seen one Bronco at a dealer training event. It was a OBX, 4 door, A51 with a soft top. The blue and gray leather seats were really nice. However, I was underwhelmed with the soft top. Maybe I will feel different once I can drive one.

OP
OP
ajlangley79

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's where I am at, too! I have only seen one Bronco at a dealer training event. It was a OBX, 4 door, A51 with a soft top. The blue and gray leather seats were really nice. However, I was underwhelmed with the soft top. Maybe I will feel different once I can drive one.
Drove my first Bronco yesterday. Visiting in GA and they had one at their local dealer. Badlands... equipped exactly like mine even the wheels. Only thing was the color and it was a mid package not high or lux... LOVED IT!!! LOVED..... IT. And it seemed so big and intimidating even without SAS... I took off the MIC Top to get the soft and got bumped up. They are pushing all soft top orders up so I sold out and took the soft top but actually liked it. And I heard no noise on my ride... it wasn't as loud as the Willy Jeep I had for a day. Outer banks was nice but I'm glad I went with the Baddy
Ford Bronco Considering Changing from Badland to Outer Banks. Help! 20210715_152657
Sponsored