Sponsored

Considering changing trim & doors that will result in loss of price protection & increase delays

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 4dr hardtop with 7 constraints on order from Granger. I am approx #100 on the list.

Zach confirmed that if I switch from Badlands to Wildtrack and go from 4 door to 2 door that I will lose price protection. The money is not a big issue for me but I have no idea how much more that would delay my delivery. I would be going from 7 constraints to 8 constraints.

It has been 2 years since reservation so if the difference in delay is another 3 months, I will likely make the change. If it would another 6 months to a year I would probably stick with current order.

Any thoughts from the group on what additional delays this might cause by changing from 4 to 2 door?
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

nobody knows, honestly. get what you want. if you can live without tow and paint protection that helps.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have no way of knowing.

The constraint lists dealers get are only valid for that particular month, and they change on a monthly basis. I will say the hard top supply situation seems to be slowly improving, which, in theory, would be good news for 2-door order holder. But by switching from Badlands to Wildtrak you are going from the second most delayed trim to the most delayed trim.

Personally... I'd just stick with your current order for now unless you honestly don't want the Badlands anymore. The final 2022MY scheduling should occur sometime early September, so we realistically only have 2-3... maybe 4 more days of scheduling left for this model year (unless Ford manages to pull some magic scheduling rabbits out of their hat). After that it's 2023 time, and you can switch up your order then when you go to place your 2023 order.

OP
OP
MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the feedback

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But by switching from Badlands to Wildtrak you are going from the second most delayed trim to the most delayed trim.
Is there something about the Wildtrak that makes it the number one constrained trim? Is it just the demand?

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As part of the 2DR BL crew, its a great rig... but, just curious, would you be going to Manual? Otherwise going for 2DR WT w/Hoss 3.0 and adding manual disconnects might be a better option?

Reactions: MJJ

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have the one chance now to order what you want, take it

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there something about the Wildtrak that makes it the number one constrained trim? Is it just the demand?
It’s a combination of demand and just the fact that the majority of Wildtrak orders hit the majority of the constraints.

Like the hard top constraint… for 2021MY it was only possible to order Wildtrak with a hard top. Then the is the front locker… comes standard on Wildtrak. Sasquatch package? Wildtrak has it. Lux package? Extremely common choice on Wildtrak. 2.7L engine? Yup… Wildtrak has that too.

Badlands has many of the same issues. The only reason why Badlands is less constrained is because you can get it with the Standard technology package, the 2.3L engine, and it had an available soft top in 2021.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My order was submitted and confirmed by Ford for a badlands on 2/14/2022, I added hoop steps and door bags on 3/19/2022 and was charged the 22.5 price. Is that right? Or should I have price protection as well?

OP
OP
MJJ

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As part of the 2DR BL crew, its a great rig... but, just curious, would you be going to Manual? Otherwise going for 2DR WT w/Hoss 3.0 and adding manual disconnects might be a better option?
I would go manual if it was offered with the V6.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My order was submitted and confirmed by Ford for a badlands on 2/14/2022, I added hoop steps and door bags on 3/19/2022 and was charged the 22.5 price. Is that right? Or should I have price protection as well?
You will always be charged current price as of build when scheduled. Price protection comes in form of a voucher/rebate that dealer must process.

Your added options should (no 100% guarantee) only add current option price to current package but there is no price protection on those added items

And unless you were an original reservation holder you would not get price protection at all. (No protection for diff between 22 and 22.5, all based on blend date and sticker release)

Added: price protection normally is for 2021 order conversions before A certain date towards 22 or 23 of exact same trim, package. Doors

Example, switch from Badlands to Big Bend, switch from High to Lux, switch from 2 to 4 doors ....these will disable price protection on entire vehicle, I believe
Sponsored

Last edited: