Sponsored

Considering PPF (paint protection film) and/or Ceramic coating. Thoughts?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve been considering these ideas myself. Paint seems super thin. Already have a small gash on the back from who knows what…not even a week old.

63D3CC91-FC9D-487E-A2F7-A388CD214DB5.jpeg
Ugh, that sucks man. But not to pile on even further, is that a small cut in the soft top right above it?
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've been researching ceramic coatings and might spring for Adam's ceramic with graphene advanced. Supposedly lasts 5-7 years 🤷 I forget right now what other brand I am considering, but can anyone recommend a good product?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ugh, that sucks man. But not to pile on even further, is that a small cut in the soft top right above it?
No! I thought that too when I posted. Bugged out and went out to look. Just strange lighting on the stitching that comes down vertical and ends there.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My friend and I will be installing xpel stealth on my whole bronco when I get it. I will also apply ceramic coating on the PPF

Sponsored

LagoCJ

Raptor
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor and GMC Canyon AT4X
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had a front end PPF done on my Bronco after having the paint ceramic coated. Not sure the ceramic is fully worth it, but it was a package deal. The PPF took three days because there were no patterns or pre-cut kits available yet. The results are far better than I expected. The shop took three days because they did the whole hood, both front fenders, the windshield surround, the mirrors, the front fascia....and the GRILL (including cutting every single hole, by hand). The Bronco looks incredible.

Also had UV/IR ceramic tint done to all windows, including a fully clear ceramic to the inside of the windshield. Amazing difference in heat transfer through the windows. Highly recommended.

Like any of these additions, it all depends on the quality of the labor. Sunbusters in Austin hit it out of the park. But, I have had tint/PPF jobs that started to shift or separate almost immediately. Get lots of references when picking an installer and use only the top tier films, with a long warranty on the materials and the install.

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a firm believer of PPF and ceramic coating. My 3-1/2 year old Volvo had PPF added to the front facia and full hood when new. Then the full car was fully coated with Optimum Pro Plus ceramic coating. Still beads up like crazy and helps keep the car looking nice. The ceramic has a 7 year warranty.

When I get my Bronco, I plan to do the same treatment.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can’t give Ben Affleck car advice, dont you have “people“ for this?

Rob W.

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also live in Phoenix metro, and I was thinking of just doing DIY Plastidip ( ie dipyourcar).

OP
OP
RynoRanger

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t give Ben Affleck car advice
lol.... that's certainly a new one.

I was thinking of just doing DIY Plastidip ( ie dipyourcar)
I thought you were trolling... google'd it... wow people actually do that? maintenance looks problematic and that feels very irreversible? but... interesting.

------------

Sounds like PPF is very widely used and definitely worth it.
Ceramic sounds like a maybe.
Not super set on my plan but I have some more knowledge after doing some research and reading replies here to at least go into a conversation with a company about it...

... just waiting for my truck... /me twiddles thumbs

Sponsored

Rob W.

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought you were trolling... google'd it... wow people actually do that? maintenance looks problematic and that feels very irreversible? but... interesting.
It's very reversible. That's the whole point.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a front end PPF done on my Bronco after having the paint ceramic coated. Not sure the ceramic is fully worth it, but it was a package deal. The PPF took three days because there were no patterns or pre-cut kits available yet. The results are far better than I expected. The shop took three days because they did the whole hood, both front fenders, the windshield surround, the mirrors, the front fascia....and the GRILL (including cutting every single hole, by hand). The Bronco looks incredible.

Also had UV/IR ceramic tint done to all windows, including a fully clear ceramic to the inside of the windshield. Amazing difference in heat transfer through the windows. Highly recommended.

Like any of these additions, it all depends on the quality of the labor. Sunbusters in Austin hit it out of the park. But, I have had tint/PPF jobs that started to shift or separate almost immediately. Get lots of references when picking an installer and use only the top tier films, with a long warranty on the materials and the install.
I always thought that ceramic coating should go ON TOP OF the PPF, not the other way around as you have done here. Ceramic coating does no good if you cover it with PPF. Just sayin' . . .

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

How much did it cost?

Patotas

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would recommend talking to Hyer Quality Detail in Tempe. They did my brothers ranger and it looks amazing and has held up extremely well. I plan on doing ceramic coating because it will help with the paint fading from sun damage and well as keep it fresh and easily washable.
Sponsored