First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more time that goes by without a Bronco in my driveway, the more review videos and such I’ve been watching. I’m surprised how well equipped the base model is for the money. It has LED headlights, keyless start, wireless Apple CarPlay, and basically everything I’d need. I originally went Black Diamond because I wanted MGV, then switched to Badlands for heated seats before the 4/8 deadline. Now I’m considering changing to a base model. I’m going to use the Bronco as a weekend driver around Cape Cod and on the beach, no rock crawling or major offroading in Massachusetts. They allow unibody SUV’s on the beach, so I’m certain the base Bronco would be fine. I’d be saving $17,500 on the purchase price, more than 1/3 of the price.

Things I’d miss:
factory tow package, I’m sure I can add a hitch/wiring for my bike rack and small boat
keyless entry, don’t really need to lock the doors on cape cod
bigger tires, can always add those aftermarket
heated seats, not that big of a deal, may be able to add aftermarket
lockers and sway bar disconnect, don’t need here
steel bumpers and bash plates, probably plenty of take offs available from others upgrading later

Anybody else feeling the same way?

Editing to add: manual transmission is a must, so base Sasquatch isn’t an option. If I were going auto I’d have to go 2.7L also.

Ford Bronco Considering switching to base model instead of Badlands 14F07C93-C218-42D4-A8FE-93B0652CDF7B

Ford Bronco Considering switching to base model instead of Badlands 49C2A316-0633-475C-9C49-FC876A58A02F
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didn't go base, but originally ordered a fully optioned Wildtrack, and went down to a Big Bend squatch so I could get the at least mid package. It was going to be a daily driver and I want all the creature features, but I was so unimpressed by the leather and "lux" bits I decided that didn't make sense. I will now use it as a toy/winter vehicle and put savings towards something that is a bit more up to date luxury features.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The more time that goes by without a Bronco in my driveway, the more review videos and such I’ve been watching. I’m surprised how well equipped the base model is for the money. It has LED headlights, keyless start, wireless Apple CarPlay, and basically everything I’d need. I originally went Black Diamond because I wanted MGV, then switched to Badlands for heated seats before the 4/8 deadline. Now I’m considering changing to a base model. I’m going to use the Bronco as a weekend driver around Cape Cod and on the beach, no rock crawling or major offroading in Massachusetts. They allow unibody SUV’s on the beach, so I’m certain the base Bronco would be fine. I’d be saving $17,500 on the purchase price, more than 1/3 of the price.

Things I’d miss:
factory tow package, I’m sure I can add a hitch/wiring for my bike rack and small boat
keyless entry, don’t really need to lock the doors on cape cod
bigger tires, can always add those aftermarket
heated seats, not that big of a deal, may be able to add aftermarket
lockers and sway bar disconnect, don’t need here
steel bumpers and bash plates, probably plenty of take offs available from others upgrading later

Anybody else feeling the same way?

14F07C93-C218-42D4-A8FE-93B0652CDF7B.jpeg

49C2A316-0633-475C-9C49-FC876A58A02F.jpeg
I switched from Badlands to Base, although I'm getting Sasquatch. The Base is a SUPER deal, loaded with essential features and a capable off-road rig. I like beach driving too! Were it me, I'd buy a set of 265/75 R16 tires. The 32" tires will give you the extra ground clearance you'll want to easily drive through the sand. I've done a lot of beach driving in Nantucket and that extra tire height definitely helps keeps the underside of the vehicle from plowing throught sand! Get the Base, and the tires!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only bummer about base is no mid package but if you can live without it.... swinging deal.

I was more concerned about not getting mid package until I saw those cooler boxes that run on 12v, and people that have added inverters. I wish I could get the blind spot monitors but oh well I’ve survived without them so far!

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I changed from a BD sas to base sas. It saved me a decent amount of money. I honestly don't care about all these packages. It's stuff I can live without and to me a complete waste of money. Rather take the money I saved from just getting a base bronco and put it towards some aftermarket stuff. I always by the base model and the base bronco has more stuff then I need.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get a SASquatched base!!! That is the best value out there right now.

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Base and BaseSquatch IMO are by far the best deals in the line up, assuming you can live without the luxuries.

I am still considering the Black Diamond and Badlands, but currently have a reservation for a 4-door BaseSquatch.

The 4 things I would really miss are keyless entry, heated seats, MGV, and washout floors. But is that worth $7k extra for the BD? Then, if it is, why not go all in and buck up the extra couple thousand to get the sway bar disco and higher trim level in the BL?

Man...Ford was smart with these trim packages. I am trying not to get sucked in, but......

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base and BaseSquatch IMO are by far the best deals in the line up, assuming you can live without the luxuries.

I am still considering the Black Diamond and Badlands, but currently have a reservation for a 4-door BaseSquatch.

The 4 things I would really miss are keyless entry, heated seats, MGV, and washout floors. But is that worth $7k extra for the BD? Then, if it is, why not go all in and buck up the extra couple thousand to get the sway bar disco and higher trim level in the BL?

Man...Ford was smart with these trim packages. I am trying not to get sucked in, but......
That's why I dropped BD. All I cared about was the washout floors, but a good set of mats take care of keeping things clean and after seeing the MGV yesterday I was not impressed. It felt nice and looked good, but felt super thin and I am pretty sure my dog will destroy it with his nails. I can always get a nice set of seat covers. You can probably open the bronco w/ the app.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All valid points, just not the white 🤮

But eh, different strokes..

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Please do not buy Base. With lowly Base, you need to take out a keyfob and press unlock button to get into car. Same when you want to lock the car. You don't want to do that when parked in front of Starbucks. There's no auto dimming mirror which means lifted Jeeps and trucks will blind you at night time. You also can't checkout your pretty face at night time and take Bronco selfie because visor is missing the light. It's the worst deal ever. Keep your BL order.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the exact same - my original reservation was a BD - I switched to a base with a modular front bumper, aux switches, four door and soft top. completely aligned with your list on after market upgrades.
Sponsored