Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The way I see it...if the two VWs below can finish the NORRA 1000 in Baja, then a Base Bronco with some better tires should have no problem wheeling on the beach. I switched from a BD SAS to a BaseSquatch with no regrets.

Ford Bronco Considering switching to base model instead of Badlands VW-ID4

Ford Bronco Considering switching to base model instead of Badlands GoWesty

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more time that goes by without a Bronco in my driveway, the more review videos and such Iā€™ve been watching. Iā€™m surprised how well equipped the base model is for the money. It has LED headlights, keyless start, wireless Apple CarPlay, and basically everything Iā€™d need. I originally went Black Diamond because I wanted MGV, then switched to Badlands for heated seats before the 4/8 deadline. Now Iā€™m considering changing to a base model. Iā€™m going to use the Bronco as a weekend driver around Cape Cod and on the beach, no rock crawling or major offroading in Massachusetts. They allow unibody SUVā€™s on the beach, so Iā€™m certain the base Bronco would be fine. Iā€™d be saving $17,500 on the purchase price, more than 1/3 of the price.

Things Iā€™d miss:
factory tow package, Iā€™m sure I can add a hitch/wiring for my bike rack and small boat
keyless entry, donā€™t really need to lock the doors on cape cod
bigger tires, can always add those aftermarket
heated seats, not that big of a deal, may be able to add aftermarket
lockers and sway bar disconnect, donā€™t need here
steel bumpers and bash plates, probably plenty of take offs available from others upgrading later

Anybody else feeling the same way?

Editing to add: manual transmission is a must, so base Sasquatch isnā€™t an option. If I were going auto Iā€™d have to go 2.7L also.

Other points aside, you are aware you can get heated seats on the Black Diamond, correct?

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other points aside, you are aware you can get heated seats on the Black Diamond, correct?
Only in the mid package that requires an automatic, correct? Iā€™m definitely a manual trans guy.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only in the mid package that requires an automatic, correct? Iā€™m definitely a manual trans guy.
Ah yeah didnā€™t notice the manual specification. Yeah Iā€™m not sure why Badlands is the only one that canadd The packages and keep manual but Iā€™ve seen itā€™s only a few hundred or so to add heated seats afterwards. Maybe wire them up to a couple of the aux switches!

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Basquatch army will own smack talk at trail heads, "are your cameras clean?... Side radar beeping much through squeezes? Swaybar disconnect, what swaybar?... Don't forget to select Baja Mode"

The Butthurt will be legendary.
Bwahahhahahha!!! Basequatch army approves this post!!!

SK29

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The more time that goes by without a Bronco in my driveway, the more review videos and such Iā€™ve been watching. Iā€™m surprised how well equipped the base model is for the money. It has LED headlights, keyless start, wireless Apple CarPlay, and basically everything Iā€™d need. I originally went Black Diamond because I wanted MGV, then switched to Badlands for heated seats before the 4/8 deadline. Now Iā€™m considering changing to a base model. Iā€™m going to use the Bronco as a weekend driver around Cape Cod and on the beach, no rock crawling or major offroading in Massachusetts. They allow unibody SUVā€™s on the beach, so Iā€™m certain the base Bronco would be fine. Iā€™d be saving $17,500 on the purchase price, more than 1/3 of the price.

Things Iā€™d miss:
factory tow package, Iā€™m sure I can add a hitch/wiring for my bike rack and small boat
steel bumpers and bash plates, probably plenty of take offs available from others upgrading later

Editing to add: manual transmission is a must, so base Sasquatch isnā€™t an option. If I were going auto Iā€™d have to go 2.7L also.

Feeling the same way and ready to move on from my OBX .... going to be a weekend and Cape Cod car too!

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Base and BaseSquatch IMO are by far the best deals in the line up, assuming you can live without the luxuries.

I am still considering the Black Diamond and Badlands, but currently have a reservation for a 4-door BaseSquatch.

The 4 things I would really miss are keyless entry, heated seats, MGV, and washout floors. But is that worth $7k extra for the BD? Then, if it is, why not go all in and buck up the extra couple thousand to get the sway bar disco and higher trim level in the BL?

Man...Ford was smart with these trim packages. I am trying not to get sucked in, but......
My thought process exactly, mission creep is real šŸ¤£ for now I'm settled on BD non Sas, but Base/BaseSas get's my penny saving side going, and BL non Sas has me looking over that way too for the upgraded suspension lol.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't understand all this fascination with heated seats. I'm buying cloth to keep the seats as cool as possible.

I'd pay good money for Air Conditioned seats like in the F-150 Larriats though.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BASIC BASE BASE , I changed from OBX to base with no frills ( well I did go for the aux. switches )and nothing else . I can add as I go after I run it awhile and see how it all feels and preforms on the runs to the beer store :ROFLMAO: ;):p
first thing will be bigger tires on the steelies. estimate cost x5 , @ 1100.00

I had OBX at 50k with leather , etc, etc. 2.7 , AT, lots of bells whistles dropped it down to $32,080.
for 18k difference I can put else where. and have change left over
this is Fords own fault for taking to long to build , so Ford loses out on some extra coins from me
reserved in Dec.'20' placed order in Jan20 '21'

think about it guys 18k savings and I still have a nice Bronco. thats all I want .
not a rock climber , beach sand bum . just a occasional hunting trip .
2D , Rapid Red ,2.3 , AT , aux switches BAM !!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a basesquach 2.7 auto but after the mpg numbers came out wondering about base 2.7 auto and adding factory Sasquatch lift because the factory has sciences that out with the irs. I would add white steel wheels and tall thinner tires like a heritage look. White grill and top and add a aftermarket trailer package and locker. I wanted mine to look like a icon for way under 40,000 instead of 250,000

584ECB93-42F5-4280-B195-6A60ECA33C6F.jpeg

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand all this fascination with heated seats. I'm buying cloth to keep the seats as cool as possible.

I'd pay good money for Air Conditioned seats like in the F-150 Larriats though.
Given your username, it looks like you live in AZ, so itā€™s pretty clear why you wouldnā€™t want heated seats šŸ˜‚ but my god after a day of skiing or even just a day that dips into the single digits here in northern Nevada, heated seats are a godsend. Iā€™m sure other in areas that get cold af understand that as well lol

jasonenvoy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d 7mt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Things Iā€™d miss:

Ford Bronco Considering switching to base model instead of Badlands 584ECB93-42F5-4280-B195-6A60ECA33C6F

Ford Bronco Considering switching to base model instead of Badlands 584ECB93-42F5-4280-B195-6A60ECA33C6F
Basically to a T. Barnstable, switched to 2d since manual wasnt available on the base 4dr, and these days the only thing that annoys me the lack of colors to choose from

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
[
Given your username, it looks like you live in AZ, so itā€™s pretty clear why you wouldnā€™t want heated seats šŸ˜‚
Yeah, Phoenix/Valley of the Sun. We'd go to Nellis Air Force Base outside of Vegas on business trips and the guys would say "sorry it's so hot", and we're thinking, "Hot??? It's 10 degrees cooler than back home"
Sponsored