First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure most of us know 1st year models will have a few bugs to work out, with that said hope those bugs show up before 3 years or 36,000 ?
Sponsored

Pcpacker

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know about the pilot thing, but my Edge had engine, transmission, heated seat failure, leaky sunroof, and sync issues.

Pcpacker

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why are you mad at me because I owned a Ford that had reliability issues?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m glad they are ranked the lowest. Hopefully that means our Broncos will be rare since everyone listens to CR and won’t buy them?

Haters gonna hate?

(The ford’s I have owned have all been my least problematic vehicles with virtually nothing more than standard maintenance on any of them so I’m not worried one bit on reliability. There will be some minor stuff since this is a First year model but that’s what warranties are for.)

Sponsored

Kevin1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Explorer, 67 Mustang, Mercury Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have driven Fords for over forty years. I have had both new and used. My first was a used 1966 Ford Truck that had been a sawmill work truck for years. I bought it for 300 bucks, replaced the bed and tailgate, had it painted, and drove it trouble free for 14 years! I currently have a 2002 F150 with 220,000 trouble free miles, and a 2013 Explorer with 165,000 trouble free miles. I consider both to be a blessing in my life. Consumer Reports does not seem to like American car manufacturers. I can honestly say that I have never owned a bad Ford. I think they make excellent cars and trucks! Can't wait to get my new Bronco!

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ll be honest. I’m really nervous about that already. I’ve owned one Ford (2016 Edge) and it was a nightmare. We traded it for a Honda Passport which has been flawless.

I decided that it’s worth the risk because it’s so cool!
..I have a 2015 Edge...bought it brand new...65k..fr and rr brakes,a battery and that's it..still riding orig.tires...

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Consumer Reports survey said. “Owners reported numerous transmission replacements, along with drive system, in-car electronics, power equipment and engine and body hardware issues.”

I don't think people take the Explorer out for four wheeling, but yet they've had these issues.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/busi...0201119-mqnzymft2vc4nhjrhb5uelfehe-story.html

Better get that extended warranty!

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is also based on the Ranger platform.

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chicago is a disaster.
Fixed that for you.

When the Explorer/Mazda Navajo rolled off the exact same assembly line in the 90s, same workers, parts, everything, the Navajo consistently scored higher in satisfaction, lower in initial defect and overall better reliability.
One time, I was at the mall with my ex-wife's mother and she asked me to go out to the parking lot and pull her '92 Explorer around to the Sears loading area.

I go outside, find her Explorer, hop inside, put the key in and start it up. Pull out and start driving away when a woman jumps out in front of me screaming.

Turns out, I had jumped into her Navajo that looked exactly the same as the Explorer, even the interior... And it started with my Mother-in-Law's key. Boy, that was a fun time explaining. ?

Last edited:

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For 10 bucks, you can get a one month online subscription at cosumerreports.org to check out the ratings on the 2020 Ranger and anything else they rate

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Dear OP

Find a nice safe place in your house and take cover. There are certain topics that are sometimes best to avoid on this forum unless you’re tough as nails. Consumer Reports, electric vehicles, miles per gallon and really liking the tire size and stance on the Base Bronco:)

Good luck!
Hilarious. Add to it , comparing a Bronco experience to any non-wrangler ?
Sponsored