First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love how Tesla delivers half assembled cars with bad panel fit, gouged interiors, broken windshields, electric gremlins and then the customers LOVE them for the privilege of owning something that makes a Trabant look reliable.
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As an owner of a 2020 Explorer, these accusations are completely false. Two of the three recalls they mentioned are not even for the 2020, and the one that is has to do with a backup camera across many Ford vehicles. This Explorer is a nice vehicle.

Ford Bronco Consumer Reports 2020 Reliability Ratings - New Ford Vehicles Perform Poorly download

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My '02 Escape has had countless recalls. It's also been completely reliable. Unlike the Camaro, Civic, or Saturn I used to drive.

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly I don't see many issues with Ford stuff in the shop, other than poorly maintained 2.0 ecoboost vehicles having cooling related issues... lots of short block replacements....
Have you had any new Ranger's in (2019,2020)? Been tracking an issue on the ranger5g forum, seems like almost every Ford dealer has Ranger's coming back in with fuel dilution issues cropping up now. 5%, 10%, 15% fuel in the oil.

But this isn't a recall yet (even though the vehicle owners are pushing like crazy).

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is the CR data for the Explorer, Escape and Ranger. This shows the standard CR break out of issues by systems.

Ford Bronco Consumer Reports 2020 Reliability Ratings - New Ford Vehicles Perform Poorly 1605822362429

Ford Bronco Consumer Reports 2020 Reliability Ratings - New Ford Vehicles Perform Poorly 1605822386457

Ford Bronco Consumer Reports 2020 Reliability Ratings - New Ford Vehicles Perform Poorly 1605822418553

Ford Bronco Consumer Reports 2020 Reliability Ratings - New Ford Vehicles Perform Poorly 1605822452772

Ford Bronco Consumer Reports 2020 Reliability Ratings - New Ford Vehicles Perform Poorly 1605822491505

Ford Bronco Consumer Reports 2020 Reliability Ratings - New Ford Vehicles Perform Poorly 1605822511857

Ford Bronco Consumer Reports 2020 Reliability Ratings - New Ford Vehicles Perform Poorly 1605822719362

Ford Bronco Consumer Reports 2020 Reliability Ratings - New Ford Vehicles Perform Poorly 1605822750503

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you had any new Ranger's in (2019,2020)? Been tracking an issue on the ranger5g forum, seems like almost every Ford dealer has Ranger's coming back in with fuel dilution issues cropping up now. 5%, 10%, 15% fuel in the oil.

But this isn't a recall yet (even though the vehicle owners are pushing like crazy).
I haven't seen that, but we don't see a ton of rangers any way... no issues with the 2.3 mustangs really though that i've noticed powertrain wise. I'm going with the 2.7 ecoboost. That motor has held up very well thus far in the trucks.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This certainly makes me take pause. I have a reliable 6 year old Subaru wagon. I’ve debated just keeping it and adding a 1 1/2” lift plus all terrain tires since the only off roading I’ll be doing is at the beach. Laugh at CR all you want but for some of us jumping back into a domestic vehicle again is akin to getting back with your ex with whom you have serious trust issues.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2017 Ford and it's been disappointing. The suspension "clunks" when it's cold. The display doesn't work when it's cold and it had an engine oil leak at the oil pan gasket. I drove it quite a bit when I first got it and was out of the warranty period for all but the engine oil leak, so I just drive it with the "clunk" and I can't change the radio station or see the display until it gets warmer in the day. I can adjust the volume, but that's the only thing that works with the radio/display during the winter. If I turn off the radio, I can't turn it back on. I have to select a station, which I can't do every day because none of the buttons work until the display comes on. My phone will no longer sync because the radio only plays, it doesn't "do" anything else, except in the rare instances that it's warm enough and even then it doesn't always work during the spring/summer. Very hit or miss. Ford dealership said it was something like $1,700 to replace the head unit and that was the only fix. Based on my experience with Ford (lack of) quality, I'd eschew almost all of the electronics of the new Bronco. I wish I could option it without many of the "features", but I just expect they'll fail about three to four years in. I'm really buying the Bronco for the transmission, t-case and differentials.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s funny how things go. My wife bought a Tahoe, pretty well known for reliability. Very nice truck, 5.3 V8 fairly loaded. It was a nightmare. 2 AC compressors, brakes, transmission and used oil like an old air cooled Volkswagen all by90k miles. She loved it and never remembers it stranding is, messing up a vacation and just generally being a pita. It did drive and ride super nice ??

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have a 2017 Ford and it's been disappointing. The suspension "clunks" when it's cold. The display doesn't work when it's cold and it had an engine oil leak at the oil pan gasket. I drove it quite a bit when I first got it and was out of the warranty period for all but the engine oil leak, so I just drive it with the "clunk" and I can't change the radio station or see the display until it gets warmer in the day. I can adjust the volume, but that's the only thing that works with the radio/display during the winter. If I turn off the radio, I can't turn it back on. I have to select a station, which I can't do every day because none of the buttons work until the display comes on. My phone will no longer sync because the radio only plays, it doesn't "do" anything else, except in the rare instances that it's warm enough and even then it doesn't always work during the spring/summer. Very hit or miss. Ford dealership said it was something like $1,700 to replace the head unit and that was the only fix. Based on my experience with Ford (lack of) quality, I'd eschew almost all of the electronics of the new Bronco. I wish I could option it without many of the "features", but I just expect they'll fail about three to four years in. I'm really buying the Bronco for the transmission, t-case and differentials.
What model Ford please?

Sponsored

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally do not understand all this stuff, I am getting a Bronco because it is a Ford Bronco, I am 63 and have waited a long time to get this kind of vehicles. I do not care if a wheel falls off driving it of the lot, fix it, get down the road. The point is, it is a Ford Bronco not a Jeep, not a Toyota, not anything but Ford blue.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What model Ford please?
Fiesta. When I ordered it (yes, I ordered it) the fleet manager said I'd picked one of their most reliable models, Ford Fiesta, with manual transmission. He said there was nothing to go wrong with it.

I also own(ed) a 2011 Ford Fusion, 2005 F250, 1990 Ford Taurus, 1987 Ford Bronco II

They've all had issues, but I'm still a Ford/Jeep guy.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't seen that, but we don't see a ton of rangers any way... no issues with the 2.3 mustangs really though that i've noticed powertrain wise. I'm going with the 2.7 ecoboost. That motor has held up very well thus far in the trucks.
Do those 2.3’s have the same 7-spd manual? I thought I read somewhere this will be the first pairing. That kind of is in the back of my mind.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Consumer Reports is notorious for scoring vehicles poorly for what I consider non-critical issues like routine recalls, infotainment problems, etc. I would ask how the new Ranger is doing in terms of major equipment/drivetrain components and such. If there isn't an issue there, I'm not worried.

Besides, nothing could be worse than my '06 Pathfinder that I'm pretty sure has no more than a dozen or so original parts that haven't been replaced in the last 14 years.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Fiesta. When I ordered it (yes, I ordered it) the fleet manager said I'd picked one of their most reliable models, Ford Fiesta, with manual transmission. He said there was nothing to go wrong with it.

I also own(ed) a 2011 Ford Fusion, 2005 F250, 1990 Ford Taurus, 1987 Ford Bronco II

They've all had issues, but I'm still a Ford/Jeep guy.
Your first mistake, you actually believed a salesperson.
Sponsored