First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Glad the Bronco is a truck and not a car/SUV....since it's largely a Ranger without a bed.

Hummm, guess putting the Bronco on the SUV pages of the Ford website is another of the so-called “rock star” programmers mistakes.

Ford Bronco Consumer Reports 2020 Reliability Ratings - New Ford Vehicles Perform Poorly E96D9AE1-F52A-4761-B87A-AD5EF2BB755D
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha, no, I was buying a Ford Fiesta anyway, whether there was a salesperson or not. I spec'd the vehicle, and then found the dealer willing to order the vehicle I wanted for the lowest price. If I could have done an online order to make it quicker and easier I would have, as the salesperson was just a middle-man that had to put it into their ordering system. He commented the vehicle I spec'd was about as trouble-free as you could buy from Ford, but I certainly didn't buy it on his (or anyone else's) recommendation. As noted above, I've owned at least a handful of Ford vehicles. None of them have been trouble-free.

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a Lexus. They called me one day and said in certain climates and humidity and on an older cars, the door panels might feel a little tacky. If that happens, bring it in and they will replace it.

I took my car in for service and they pointed out that there was a very small piece of plastic in the headlight assembly. If you looked closely, it was a little wavy instead of it being flat. The dealer pointed it out to me and changed out both my headlights.

That's how you get a high score for service and reliability. But, of course, you pay for it!
Had an IS250 with 150,000 miles and 9 years old. Received a letter from Lexus saying the engine could get build up inside cylinder walls and to bring it to the dealer and have checked. I week later Lexus installed a new engine in my vehicle with no charge. You can't beat Lexus service.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hummm, guess putting the Bronco on the SUV pages of the Ford website is another of the so-called “rock star” programmers mistakes.

Ford Bronco Consumer Reports 2020 Reliability Ratings - New Ford Vehicles Perform Poorly E96D9AE1-F52A-4761-B87A-AD5EF2BB755D
Meg, they can call it what they want, and there is no bed. That said, it's a Ranger dressed up. It ain't no highlander!

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...and the Ranger ain't no truck! j/k, j/k

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am not worried at all. I have owned many F150's, a Explorer and my wife has a Transit Connect. They are all great vehicles and very well made. Lets face it....when you get down to these mass produced vehicles, American and foreign....many of the parts going into them come from the same/similar part suppliers. American steel baby! I have full faith in FORD putting out a great product, a GREAT BRONCO for us!!!

rca309

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This certainly makes me take pause. I have a reliable 6 year old Subaru wagon. I’ve debated just keeping it and adding a 1 1/2” lift plus all terrain tires since the only off roading I’ll be doing is at the beach. Laugh at CR all you want but for some of us jumping back into a domestic vehicle again is akin to getting back with your ex with whom you have serious trust issues.
I am likewise somewhat anxious ... especially with this being a first model year that's loaded to the gills with electronics. Forty years ago I gave up my last domestic-brand vehicle (a 1972 Ford Pinto), and haven't had the guts to buy another since ... until now. I know most foreign-brand US-market vehicles are domestically built, so am sure (certainly hope) Fords have improved.
My experience is that if competently designed and engineered, and not abused and properly maintained/repaired, any vehicle can run almost forever. My DD is a 1999 VW Passat wagon with "only" 175.k. that's still running strong. I hope to minimally get 20+.yrs. and >250.k. out of my new BL!

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Meg, they can call it what they want, and there is no bed. That said, it's a Ranger dressed up. It ain't no highlander!
I hear ya. I call it a truck or a rig. No way am I gonna say I drive a SUV.

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm no spring chicken either, but that's one the dumbest comments I've heard about a new car .... you want it soooo bad you don't care if it wont get you down the road because it has a bronco badge on it !! OH Lordy!!
?

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think this forum is for calling other people names. I'm not a necessarily a proponent of any particular vehicle manufacturer. But some people do have a lot of enthusiasm for a particular vehicle or motorcycle, there's nothing wrong or dumb about that.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My last two F150s (16/18) have been very good, other than the recalls I have not done (wiring on side airbags maybe?). Wife's 2016 Explorer has been the same to 50K miles, other than a couple of small safety recalls as well. I think a lot of it is luck of the draw. My 2011 Edge has been very good other than an intermittent no start in the very deep cold, starting at 105K miles and recurring twice, with no codes and no resolution. It's about 112K now and my daughter drives it. The rear camera died about 90k, two sets of front, one rear brakes, one exhaust pipe and two batteries. These forums amplify issues too. Rarely do people go on rants about how perfect their vehicle is, be it Ford, Jeep, whoever...
Yeah Ive had the sunroof misalignment, freezing door locks, freezing tailgate lock, hub actuator, 3.5 cam shaft/phasers, leaking oil pan, recall 3x for the block heater, oil pressure sensor and a slew of dash lights from PCM issues.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am likewise somewhat anxious ... especially with this being a first model year that's loaded to the gills with electronics. Forty years ago I gave up my last domestic-brand vehicle (a 1972 Ford Pinto), and haven't had the guts to buy another since ... until now. I know most foreign-brand US-market vehicles are domestically built, so am sure (certainly hope) Fords have improved.
My experience is that if competently designed and engineered, and not abused and properly maintained/repaired, any vehicle can run almost forever. My DD is a 1999 VW Passat wagon with "only" 175.k. that's still running strong. I hope to minimally get 20+.yrs. and >250.k. out of my new BL!
I completly understand you swearing off Ford after the Pinto fireball fiascos. A lot has changed since then but you still have to carefully consider the reliability of every brand and model. "Trust but verify", oh wait wrong quote, "study, consider and verify".

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do those 2.3’s have the same 7-spd manual? I thought I read somewhere this will be the first pairing. That kind of is in the back of my mind.
They have a 6 speed, same manufacturer.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is this the reliability rating where the metrics are how fast the infotainment system works and how easily it integrates with your phone?
Sponsored