First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll be honest. I’m really nervous about that already. I’ve owned one Ford (2016 Edge) and it was a nightmare. We traded it for a Honda Passport which has been flawless.

I decided that it’s worth the risk because it’s so cool!

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My job purchased 28 new Ford Transit Connects a year ago and there is consistently at least 5 out for repair and all are currently recalled. In fact, we are planning on paying a premium for Mercedes Metris next quarter because the Fords have already cost the company more in lost revenue.

Our finance guys were fairly upset at the dealership. I’m still getting my Bronco but I’m not expecting it to run perfectly all day every day.

If you dig deeper, Ford only has one model that’s isn’t below average reliability and it’s the F-150 their top selling vehicle. Hopefully they pay the same amount of attention to the Bronco.

Last edited:

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know - it was just a thought,, for a moment. Ultimately I am going to get the Bronco and am willing to accept that it may have minor issues as long as the safety aspect is good. Hey people love their Jeep’s even though reliability for them is questionable at best. ?

That $5000 MINIMUM CVT replacement cost I was speaking of just above????
I have two older Subies, 2010manual and 2015 CVT Outback ....researching the OB is how I learned about Subie having an issue up until 2018 with their CVT.($5/6K)

No way in hell would I lift one now and put on bigger tires...youll freaking killl that little thing. get a proper truck/offroad rig.

But hey, it's your money!

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My thought is I’ll give it a chance. If it’s a headache I’ll trade it in on something more reliable.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Guess we can hope that since the bronco is such a huge deal for Ford that they do not want it have a bad rep. If they end up making a crappy vehicle with a ton of problems it could hurt them pretty bad. The bronco isn't your basic new year vehicle like the escape, but who knows. I am hoping that they paid extra attention to the bronco.

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Guess we can hope that since the bronco is such a huge deal for Ford that they do not want it have a bad rep. If they end up making a crappy vehicle with a ton of problems it could hurt them pretty bad. The bronco isn't your basic new year vehicle like the escape, but who knows. I am hoping that they paid extra attention to the bronco.
I dont think any manufacturer sets out to make a bad vehicle. I'm sure they do what they think is necessary to make the best car, truck, or SUV that they can.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree alot of the so called issues used for these metrics I don't consider to be a big deal. I remember when CR said to avoid Ford's with SYNC2. At the time the early sync 2 software had issues. Within a year they were all fixed with a software update.

My '13 explorer sport built in chicago was a first release of the sport with the 3.5EB. It had issues. On the other hand I'm still driving a '13 escape that was a brand new redesign that year and it been flawless for the past 100k miles.

makatron

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max 3.0L 4-cylinder diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah they take special care of the F-150 because a recall would cost them a fortune since it's literally carrying Ford financials in its back. And I am looking at the MB Sprinter because they've been flawless for some people I know and don't wanna waste time in the shop constantly fixing things.

My job purchased 28 new Ford Transit Connects a year ago and there is consistently at least 5 out for repair and all are currently recalled. In fact, we are planning on paying a premium for Mercedes Metris next quarter because the Fords have already cost the company more in lost revenue.

Our finance guys were fairly upset at the dealership. I’m still getting my Bronco but I’m not expecting it to run perfectly all day every day.

If you dig deeper, Ford only has one model that’s isn’t below average reliability and it’s the F-150 their top selling vehicle. Hopefully they pay the same amount of attention to the Bronco.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw this today on CNET- https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...ts-2020-reliability-survey-tesla-among-worst/

Further down in the article it mentions Ford's newer vehicles: "At the opposite end of the spectrum is Ford, dragged down by the recently redesigned Escape and Explorer SUVs -- the later of which saw multiple recalls this year and CR called "one of the lowest scoring models from any manufacturer -- domestic or foreign -- this year." Sharing platforms with Ford, Lincoln suffers similarly. However, without the recently cancelled Continental and MKZ sedans to bolster its score, Ford's luxury arm drops to the bottom of the list of 26 brands."

A little disheartening to read and doesn't give me a ton of confidence with the Bronco being finalized during the pandemic. Not cancelling my reservation yet but could be another reason to hold off a year or two.
No more Tacos for you ??
Sponsored