Sponsored

Conversion Percentage from Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders

What will the Conversion Percentage be from Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders?

• Total voters

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I voted 50% because I don't think that half of the people who originally reserved one were going to follow through with it anyways. If the timing was different and all of the information came out sooner, and people had to commit to their orders quickly after reserving I think that the % would be a lot higher (I.E. Ford seizing on the moment). The fact is that the more you have time to think about it and realize what it's going to cost, most people's romantic fantasies are going to be squashed by practicality & reality. That is unless you are in one of two camps. Camp 1) I DON'T GIVE A FFFFUUUU%%$^%& GIVE ME MY BRONCO NO MATTER THE COST! or camp 2) pft, money is my b!&*%. There are other camps but I think that the initial owners are mostly going to be camps 1 & 2.
Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an interesting take on this. I've always thought and still think 40% convert to real people who order, but my dealership has told me that there will be no money down beyond the $100 already reserved and I talked to Grainger and they have the same deal. I wonder if we have 70% order conversion because dealerships will just tell people, "hey it's no skin off your back to go ahead and order one and if you want to back out when it hits our parking lots, you can just walk away, and we'll give you your $100 back".

This situation would A) convert more orders ~ 70% which is what Ford predicted and B) Dealerships will LOVE this situation because then they can put it on the lot with ADM and make a fortune. $100 is a small price to pay out of a dealership's pocket when they can mark them up $2,500 and put them out for sale.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an interesting take on this. I've always thought and still think 40% convert to real people who order, but my dealership has told me that there will be no money down beyond the $100 already reserved and I talked to Grainger and they have the same deal. I wonder if we have 70% order conversion because dealerships will just tell people, "hey it's no skin off your back to go ahead and order one and if you want to back out when it hits our parking lots, you can just walk away, and we'll give you your $100 back".

This situation would A) convert more orders ~ 70% which is what Ford predicted and B) Dealerships will LOVE this situation because then they can put it on the lot with ADM and make a fortune. $100 is a small price to pay out of a dealership's pocket when they can mark them up $2,500 and put them out for sale.
Supposedly there is penalties to dealers who are selling them to people outside of the person who reserved it. I can't imagine they want that

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Supposedly there is penalties to dealers who are selling them to people outside of the person who reserved it. I can't imagine they want that
Still could be worth it with ADM

Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not if Ford's penalty is "you don't get any dealer stcok Broncos now"
Yeah, thatā€™s a good point, but I doubt Ford plays the kind of hard ball. If somebody goes through with pricing it out and then backs out on delivery, what does the dealership do? Ship it back to Ford? Ford doesnā€™t want that, they will just tell the dealership to sell it.

itā€™s easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
what does the dealership do?
I've heard there's one more communication coming from Ford...so the game may yet change.

But according to the current status, a dealer should want you to place an order before Jan 31, even if there was only a 1% chance you would buy it: (a) it increases their MY21 allocation, and (b) they'd flip it the same day you walk away

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've heard there's one more communication coming from Ford...so the game may yet change.

But according to the current status, a dealer should want you to place an order before Jan 31, even if there was only a 1% chance you would buy it: (a) it increases their MY21 allocation, and (b) they'd flip it the same day you walk away
A change good for the customer or the dealer?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My interpretation on the penalties was always geared toward dealer's who ordered a vehicle for customer, but then doesn't sell to the customer at the price when the order was submitted. I suppose any penalties by Ford would be waived if the customer signs an affidavit stating they are choosing not to buy the vehicle.

Sponsored

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see a large number of reservation holders for the 2021MY dumping those reservations for the 2022 or 2023MY with hopes of a better Bronco.
Iā€™m almost there. Its hard when I donā€™t know if 22MY will really get any better. The Cactus Gray with a white hard top on 35ā€ sold me on the Bronco. I will probably hold my reservation until the last day to order in hopes that more information will be available by then.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Even after canceling my day 1 reservation and replacing it with an October order with Granger I still feel like I might end up with a MY21 anyway. They're not going to convert anywhere near 70%. I even think 50% is on the high end. A lot of these reservations were probably from people who had no intention or means to buy a $50k vehicle.
my guess is most of the servations were for the lower end models

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m at 50% and dropping. Sticker shock has me scared. To get all the comfort items I want puts me out of initial budget by 10K. I hate to spend 48K and have less options than my current car. Still kicking it around though

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have read many posts and agree with most of them.
The fact is simply all about human nature (in a Bronco) ? lol. No seriously we all enjoy the cool looks, design/engineering, the draw, and the Energy that the Bronco provides. But we all want it to move along faster. And with great anticipation. Finally the Colors and option arrived!! Not what I/we thought Badlands interior choice of Black or a Leather shade of Black... hummmm

Weak selection and My/our patients are wearing thin.
I see an attrition of at least 40% may be Sub 50% on conversion rate..

I have 3 Reservation going now, all set up for Badlands. BUT!

#1 will dissappear No conversion/cancelation
#2 will be a interim model, a Badlands conversion will change into a Base Model.
#3 Drop back and punt! Down the road, Badlands 2022MY only if thing improve! Choices of Colors and option.

To wrap this up, the program is loosing steam.. I thrive on Change, Great up dates, and instant Gratification!!

Last edited:

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm surprised by the count of reservations for one vs two! Granted, the sample poll numbers are small, but thought the two reservations would have had an easy lead.
Sponsored