Sponsored

Conversion Percentage from Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders

What will the Conversion Percentage be from Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders?

• Total voters

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Some people are ecstatic with the introduction of B&P and regardless of its limitations still cannot wait to be the first to own and drive the Bronco.

Others look at the multiple missteps Ford has made leading up to B&P and now seeing so many limitations on options and accessories, regardless if they are bugs or true limitations, think Ford has a train wreck on their hands.

There are many threads and posts discussing these two viewpoints so we do not need to revisit those subjects in this thread. This thread is to discuss and consider how the Bronco rollout will affect the conversion percentage of Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders. Ford is projecting a 70% conversion rate, one member mentioned Tesla only has a 30% conversion rate for one of their models. Other members have pointed out Ford is being way to optimistic with such a high conversion percentage.

Where do you think Ford will be at the end of January with Bronco conversions and why?
Sponsored

Last edited:

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€™22 Badlands, ā€˜23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see a large number of reservation holders for the 2021MY dumping those reservations for the 2022 or 2023MY with hopes of a better Bronco.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think some MY22 guys maybe disappointed when its gonna be the same bronco with a few new options.... maybe.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went ahead and made a 2nd res right away so I'm all set up for a 22 order if I just can't get what I want in 21. Actually was nice of Ford to give us that cutoff date so we know. There might end up being a long line of reservations for 22 as well!

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m most likely sticking with the 2021 reservation
Iā€™m sure 2022 will have a few cool color choices, I donā€™t care about the white top, if people donā€™t like the 2021 prices the 2022 will only be worse..

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As of now, I'm sticking with my July 15th reservation. I'm more stressed about having to make an actual concrete decision relating to trim + options vs. cost than bailing on the Bronco altogether.

There still isn't another car/truck within the price point I'd rather have.

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not a Ford stock holder but put me down for 1 conversion to order vote

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I voted for 40% and I base this off of the new cost revelations and lack of realism for many reservation holders.

Ford doesn't want to sell you a base (no one does), so they will erect as many barriers to you being able to do so.

Outer Banks, Badlands, and Wildtrak are what Ford want to sell you, so the B&P has shown they're pushing everyone in that direction. Personally think this was highly predictable, so no surprises for me.

Have said it on the forum before; off road rigs aren't cheap, that's why most guys build using an older truck or used vehicle. $50K-$60K is what you'd expect to spec a new rig with proper armor, suspension, and recovery gear. If you're new to camping, etc, you'll spend another grand or so outside of your rig.

However, if you buy good gear and mods up front, and actually take your ass outside, you'll get your value back in functionality and good times and more time to drink your beer and use that grass stuff....

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the pull through will be in the 33-40% range. After spending 14yrs in the mortgage/banking industry that is my guess. Might be higher only because of the more lax credit requirements.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the 2022 model year will drag in more Wrangler and 4 Runner guys.

The additional colors and a few more options and the fabled "white roof" will likely be out and spark new hype.

Those of us who convert this year will have an ego head start and hopefully some good times to share with pics here on Bronco6G.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As of now, I'm sticking with my July 15th reservation. I'm more stressed about having to make an actual concrete decision relating to trim + options vs. cost than bailing on the Bronco altogether.

There still isn't another car/truck within the price point I'd rather have.
Thatā€™s where Iā€™m at..
I could keep my taco which I like but it bores me. The bronco gets my juices flowing and I know if I see one Iā€™m gonna wanna kick my own ass..

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

People are dreaming if they think Ford is getting a 60% conversion rate.

I voted 40, but in reality I think theyā€™ll settle in between 30-40%.

To convert 50+% of anything is such an unbelievably difficult task I canā€™t imagine ford breaking 40% ā€” and itā€™s not because of the bumpy rollout or all the complainers complaining about a variety of valid (or invalid) concerns. Itā€™s about the numbers. $100 down on reservation night when youā€™re fired up after watching a 5 minute commercial has almost no bearing on a consumer making a 40k+ purchase.

There are people currently holding reservations who have no means to pay for this vehicle, people who have already or will purchase other vehicles, and I would imagine many who placed a reservation as a ā€œjust in caseā€ they like it and want one when itā€™s time to order.

Plus, when you tack on the fact that the modern (non-enthusiast) car-buying consumer is extremely fickle and uninformed about what truly matters in a vehicle (ā€œI can get leather and upgraded speakers in a 20k Hyundai, why do I need to pay 50k to get that in a Bronco???ā€), you have a recipe for many cancelled reservations.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I voted for 40% and I base this off of the new cost revelations and lack of realism for many reservation holders.

Ford doesn't want to sell you a base (no one does), so they will erect as many barriers to you being able to do so.

Outer Banks, Badlands, and Wildtrak are what Ford want to sell you, so the B&P has shown they're pushing everyone in that direction. Personally think this was highly predictable, so no surprises for me.

Have said it on the forum before; off road rigs aren't cheap, that's why most guys build using an older truck or used vehicle. $50K-$60K is what you'd expect to spec a new rig with proper armor, suspension, and recovery gear. If you're new to camping, etc, you'll spend another grand or so outside of your rig.

However, if you buy good gear and mods up front, and actually take your ass outside, you'll get your value back in functionality and good times and more time to drink your beer and use that grass stuff....
Amen brother friggin amen
?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford's projection of 70% was always high. Albert at Granger had mentioned back in September that they were planning on 60%, and that is with a marketing strategy targeting an enthusiast community where conversion of reservations will be much higher than the general public.

The problem is our perspective. As enthusiasts many are disappointed with B/P and the options presented. But people must realize that B/P will continue to evolve. We have 3 months before the deadline to convert our reservation to an order. On Feb. 1st, Ford will sort the orders based on reservation timestamp, product availability, and dealer allocation. Someone submitting an order on Dec. 1st, won't necessarily be ahead of an order submitted on 1/31. People need to have patience. When it comes time to order, buyers need to communicate with their dealer as the WBDO system (the only one that matters) will give final clarity of what options are available and what are scheduled for late availability.

We also have a narrow view of the Bronco Buyer. We are all enthusiasts, but there is a large segment that will buy the Bronco without caring about rear lockers, gear ratio, ground clearance, towing capacity, etc. I have a friend whose wife wants the Bronco. Her criteria was if it came in Black. She asked some basic question geared towards interior/luxury items. An afterthought and final question was "Does it come in 4WD?" She had no idea that every Bronco including the Sport trims come with 4WD. It is a fundamental aspect of the Bronco brand. But for her, she likes the look. She will spend north of $50K and she'll be happy with her Black 4WD with 12" screen. We might scoff at such a naive customer. But there are more of her out there than there are of us who examine every minute detail and complain that we can't get every feature for under $50K.
Sponsored