Sponsored

Conversion Percentage from Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders

What will the Conversion Percentage be from Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders?

• Total voters
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Success for Ford is 100% MY21 builds from reservations - no dealer stock. If that bleeds into MY22, all the better. Demand with no available supply- perfect marketing. Interesting that the reservation book is still open. Conversion rates - the missing factor for dealer allocations that will impact some of us more than others.
100% will never happen, Ford said they expect 70% conversion which seems like pie in the sky to most of us.

Current survey says most likley it will only be 40% at this point, only time will tell.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% will never happen, Ford said they expect 70% conversion which seems like pie in the sky to most of us.

Current survey says most likley it will only be 40% at this point, only time will tell.
What surveys say 40%? I havenā€™t seen any surveys of reservation holders. I have seen surveys asking people to guess what the conversion rate is...thatā€™s useless. Ford does research and real surveys and wouldnā€™t just throw out a number like that to investors if they werenā€™t confident. I bet itā€™s very close to their number. I hope itā€™s 40, as then Iā€™ll get one early...but no way will it be that low.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base

Re-read the first sentence. I am saying Ford has already succeeded if itā€™s first year builds are entirely FROM reservations. For Ford the conversion rate only matters if the fails to meet that goal. More to the point for buyers is how the preliminarily allocations process unfolds and that hinges on conversions. Many here still hold on to that there is an absolute build order that will be established after Jan 31st. I am not so sure. If Ford has 20k orders by mid December and they can create productive runs, why not align the commodities and set the build schedule?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What surveys say 40%? I havenā€™t seen any surveys of reservation holders. I have seen surveys asking people to guess what the conversion rate is...thatā€™s useless. Ford does research and real surveys and wouldnā€™t just throw out a number like that to investors if they werenā€™t confident. I bet itā€™s very close to their number. I hope itā€™s 40, as then Iā€™ll get one early...but no way will it be that low.
Re-read the first sentence. I am saying Ford has already succeeded if itā€™s first year builds are entirely FROM reservations. For Ford the conversion rate only matters if the fails to meet that goal. More to the point for buyers is how the preliminarily allocations process unfolds and that hinges on conversions. Many here still hold on to that there is an absolute build order that will be established after Jan 31st. I am not so sure. If Ford has 20k orders by mid December and they can create productive runs, why not align the commodities and set the build schedule?
Fair points for Ford's success with the Bronco, but the thread was just a way for the community to discuss their opinion on the conversion rate. I'm pretty certain the wall street analysts will not take our little humble poll into account, well maybe not, unless they want a way to gauge the Bronco enthusiasts fervor to set their own private projections.

As far as the voodoo of build schedule and allocation, that is a black hole we can leave for any of the other threads on the subject.

dmpplantz

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see a large number of reservation holders for the 2021MY dumping those reservations for the 2022 or 2023MY with hopes of a better Bronco.
As they should. You show one thing and only offer another!? No thanks!

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base

With the latest backsliding of the job #1 date, Ford will have no problem blocking in 100% of the 21MY slots with reservations.
Even if the conversion rate is only 40%.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

With the December B&P surprises and reservation cancellations it looks like Ford may be on track to reduce the number of reservations to something they can actually build and deliver.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the December B&P surprises and reservation cancellations it looks like Ford may be on track to reduce the number of reservations to something they can actually build and deliver.
It almost seems like that was their plan. Jack up the prices and get people to cancel then dealers could have their stock sooner. Dealers are going to have a lot of people coming in wanting a Bronco after seeing them on the road. They're not going to like being told it's going to be a year + wait for reservation holders to get theirs first. I don't think Ford or any manufacturer would intentional do this but it does make you wonder??ā€ā™‚

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jack up the prices and get people to cancel then dealers could have their stock sooner. I don't think Ford or any manufacturer would intentional do this but it does make you wonder?
The line between ineptitude & deviousness often blurs.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand your point and if the goal was to maximize conversions then upping the reservation cost would help since only people who were fairly serious would give Ford that interest free loan. On the other hand if the goal was to spark interest and buzz then the stupid low reservation cost seems to have worked. For me personally there were way too many unknowns to commit to a higher cost reservation for a vehicle so far in the future. For example, if the reservation cost was even just a refundable $500 or $1000 I would have simply bought something else and revisited the Bronco in a couple years after more options are available, lots of reviews are in, and I could actually sit in and drive them. As it stands so far (barring any more schedule slips or price increases) I did just the opposite. I didn't buy something else and am waiting for the Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I understand your point and if the goal was to maximize conversions then upping the reservation cost would help since only people who were fairly serious would give Ford that interest free loan. On the other hand if the goal was to spark interest and buzz then the stupid low reservation cost seems to have worked. For me personally there were way too many unknowns to commit to a higher cost reservation for a vehicle so far in the future. For example, if the reservation cost was even just a refundable $500 or $1000 I would have simply bought something else and revisited the Bronco in a couple years after more options are available, lots of reviews are in, and I could actually sit in and drive them. As it stands so far (barring any more schedule slips or price increases) I did just the opposite. I didn't buy something else and am waiting for the Bronco.
And we remember how this turned out.

Elio-at-50k.jpg

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder what a 40% conversion rate would do to later reservations, as of right now Iā€™m keeping mine, because my build was only minimally affected by the B&P mess and I just reserved last week so I know Iā€™m a MY22. BUT I was thinking mid 2022 at best, if they only get a 40% conversion rate I wonder if that falls to early 2022

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think Ford will come close to their expectation of 70%. My guess is a shade under 50%.
Sponsored