Sponsored

Converting Soft Top to Hard Top difficult?

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is my understanding that with a wrangler, if you have the factory soft top, and want to convert to the hard top it's very difficult to do. I think something to do with the wiring due to the rear windshield wiper on the hardtop.

Do we know yet if it will be similar with the Bronco? Or will both versions be retrofitted the same to make it easy to switch later if desired?
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why would it be difficult if Ford is offering a 2 top package? Surely, they must be expecting you to swap them if you're spending that much money?

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is my understanding that with a wrangler, if you have the factory soft top, and want to convert to the hard top it's very difficult to do. I think something to do with the wiring due to the rear windshield wiper on the hardtop.

Do we know yet if it will be similar with the Bronco? Or will both versions be retrofitted the same to make it easy to switch later if desired?
Can’t speak to the JL (2018+), but on the Jk’s all you need led was a wiring harnes that included everything you needed. Just looked it up in Quadratec and it it lists it as a 1-2 hour job.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/hardtop-wiring-kit-late-wrangler-jk/mid-without

At this point it is hard to say if the same will apply to the Bronco.
Sponsored