Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like many others, I'm traveling from out of state (800 miles) to Stephen's auto hopefully next June, and then driving back home (northern pa).
I won't be traveling alone, and we are making plans to visit friends in Morgantown WV and Ohiopyle PA (south of Pittsburgh along the Yough river). I want to avoid highways and toll roads. And definitely want to see or drive by the sights on our way north from Charleston. Does anyone have any detailed routes they recommend? Bonus points for fewer stop lights and good places to eat along the way (I fckin love BBQ, wings, burgers, and good diners) StephensAutoCenter recommends route 6 on the western border, for the "short" scenic route and also said they will be coming out with a "waterfall tour" route closer to delivery.

Screenshot_20201120-082531_Maps.jpg
Sponsored

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Being from WV, I can tell you that there are a lot of awesome places to go visit. The best change depending on the time of year, but they are always awesome.

I dont know the route they are planning to chart out, but if you are going through Morgantown, Cooper's Rock is a must.

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being from WV, I can tell you that there are a lot of awesome places to go visit. The best change depending on the time of year, but they are always awesome.

I dont know the route they are planning to chart out, but if you are going through Morgantown, Cooper's Rock is a must.
Awesome thank you. It looks on the way, found it on Google maps and bookmarked it

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also adding, I only need the WV routes. I know pa pretty well and have things covered from Connelsville to Wellsboro. We are flying down from new York, so only NB routes and sights are being sought

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, a warning: If you are going to Stephens and feel like adventuring around WV, do not speed on Route 19 near Summerville. Top 5 speed trap in the US, and they love to target out of state plates (allegedly). Multiple websites to verify this info.

I bring it up as 19 is home to the New River Gorge Bridge and it is worth the trip even if you were not getting a new Bronco. It is an easy add for someone coming in on 64,77, or 79

Ford Bronco Cool roads from Stephen's auto center north towards pa Screenshot_20201120-082531_Maps
Very cool, I bookmarked it's location. That'll be nice to drive over. This is the first recommendation east of charleston I've seen. Route 4 looks like an awesome windy road. Any input on that?

Sponsored

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

First, a warning: If you are going to Stephens and feel like adventuring around WV, do not speed on Route 19 near Summerville. Top 5 speed trap in the US, and they love to target out of state plates (allegedly). Multiple websites to verify this info.

I bring it up as 19 is home to the New River Gorge Bridge and it is worth the trip even if you were not getting a new Bronco. It is an easy add for someone coming in on 64,77, or 79

Ford Bronco Cool roads from Stephen's auto center north towards pa Screenshot_20201120-082531_Maps
Couldn't agree more!

20200805_195902.jpg

20200805_183418.jpg

DawgBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Totally agree on New River Gorge Bridge. In fact, drive from Charleston through Ansted WV to get there... stop at Hawks Nest Park and go down to the river and ride the jet boats up river UNDER the bridge. Its an awesome viewpoint. Stop at the museum/gift shop, drive down the old road winding down to the river, seebthe mining community and drive up the other side (all with top off). It'll be hard to keep your eyes on the road (sorry, its paved)!!

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally agree on New River Gorge Bridge. In fact, drive from Charleston through Ansted WV to get there... stop at Hawks Nest Park and go down to the river and ride the jet boats up river UNDER the bridge. Its an awesome viewpoint. Stop at the museum/gift shop, drive down the old road winding down to the river, seebthe mining community and drive up the other side (all with top off). It'll be hard to keep your eyes on the road (sorry, its paved)!!
What is in Ansted? Bookmarking Hawks Nest park. Any specific state routes? (Ie 4 or 16 etc)

DawgBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What is in Ansted? Bookmarking Hawks Nest park. Any specific state routes? (Ie 4 or 16 etc)
There's only one road in Ansted! Lol
Take US 60 from Charleston through Ansted (where Hawks Nest is) then follow Chesterburg Rd toward the bridge (below it not over it). All those roads are paved but curvy and fun.. Listen for banjos ... wait, that was in GA where I live! Oh well, we're all related...

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's only one road in Ansted! Lol
Take US 60 from Charleston through Ansted (where Hawks Nest is) then follow Chesterburg Rd toward the bridge (below it not over it). All those roads are paved but curvy and fun.. Listen for banjos ... wait, that was in GA where I live! Oh well, we're all related...
Okay I think I found the road you are talking about -chestnutburg road, not chesterburg road.

OP
OP
GaryB2220

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well, now Charleston seems a little out of the way. Whats a good route between Stephens and the bridge?
Ford Bronco Cool roads from Stephen's auto center north towards pa 1605891930939
Sponsored