Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw it on someone's youtube channel couple days ago. I get it. Not a fan. It works for the original, because it makes it look like a dedicated off-roader that has replacement parts from the junkyard after they were bashed on a hardcore trail. But with the new model, I just can't get onboard with it.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've seen worse. Though I also think there's gotta be a limit to the whole "happy wife happy life" thing
Well, she wheels and she let's me spend whatever I want on my own shit so she's worth the occasional odd request LOL.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome. I had wondered where you guys have been on your youtube channel. I've been following since I ordered my base. Now I see that you have been busy. Keep up the good work.
Yeah the YouTube channel has been a bit dormant for a while. Just too dang busy with work and everything else. We'll be back to it soon :)

Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You do you. Seems like this gives you a lot of joy, so yes, people will be confused, but that's their problem. Enjoy.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love it! How did you do your side badges?
They're die-cut vinyl decals I designed last year for our So Cal Broncos members, based on the classic Bronco Sport emblems. Chanel is a Base so there was nothing there already.

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! SoCalBroncos-SPORT-Decal

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw it on someone's youtube channel couple days ago. I get it. Not a fan. It works for the original, because it makes it look like a dedicated off-roader that has replacement parts from the junkyard after they were bashed on a hardcore trail. But with the new model, I just can't get onboard with it.
I can totally respect that. Like I said, most folks just won't get it and that's cool. And for what it's worth, this is a temporary look for Chanel. I didn't agree to it until after I had secured a replacement grille for when I want to reverse everything, and the vinyl is removable. This Bronco will eventually get the color and graphics scheme I had envisioned for Coco years ago, which my wife never would let me do since she loved the junkyard look so much :)

Sponsored

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw a YouTube video and saw your bronco before this post. I definitely was wondering what was going on. Now that I’ve read the post I just think this is an awesome build!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ha Ha, this is too good.

I told my kids growing up I would not buy them holey jeans, but if they earned them holes they could wear them. You've earned the right.

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK I know this isn't for everyone, and knowing this crowd there will probably be a loud chorus of "you did what? Made a brand new Bronco look like a cobbled-together junkyard dog?" LOL...

Anyhow, I've seen a lot of "tribute" builds on here so I thought I'd share mine. It's not a tribute to some famous Bronco from a movie or Baja racing or a copy of anything owned by a celebrity. It's a tribute to the most badass Early Bronco I know of...my own. Err...my wife's, if you ask her. We just completed the look in time for Big Bear Bronco Bash last weekend, and everyone who knows us and our Early Bronco, Coco, loves what we did with Chanel. But I'm sure anyone who sees it by itself and doesn't know us or our Broncos is scratching their head wondering WTF. That's OK, let 'em wonder :)

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! SoCalBroncos-SPORT-Decal

It all started over two years ago. On June 3, 2020 to be exact. I saw some renderings of the new Bronco here on 6G. They were artists renderings based on the clues we knew back then, although the complete Broncos had not been fully shown yet, only the camouflaged ones running around. Anyhow 6G posted them in each of the known colors at the time, and I had an idea so I grabbed the one in Oxford White and fired up Photoshop:

If you're wondering why Coco has a coat of many colors, I built it quite a few years ago using parts from as many as 9 different Broncos. I always intended to paint it one color but Steffie fell in love with it's junkyard livery and wouldn't let me paint it. So it's stayed like that, and become endearing to our friends that we wheel with. Anyhow, I posted that rendering of the 6G with Coco's colors on Facebook more or less as a joke. But Steffie loved it, and said "we're doing it!" I rolled my eyes and figured she'd come to her senses. But two years later and she still hadn't, so we ordered some vinyl off of Amazon and she went to work.

We'd never wrapped anything before, but by the second door we had gotten reasonably better. I didn't have the proper tools so we used my Moose Lodge card as a squeegee :)

I knew the grille was going to be too hard to wrap so when I saw one of my So Cal Broncos buddies offering a new grille up for sale, I snapped it up to have as a replacement for when I decide to unwind all of this, then reached for the orange spray paint.

I actually used an adhesion promoter followed by several coats of Flat Racing Orange plastic paint. It turned out looking better than our wrap job.

We still need to do the tailgate (Coco's is brown). But it still looked pretty good on the trail for Bronco Bash.

It was fun having them both on the trails together, although I couldn't always follow Steffie's line :)

I really like this pic of them together before we did the windshield frame.

Thanks for checking it out.
Well done! Make it your own...errr your Wife's. Exactly! I've seen other posts on here from you and it's obvious you dont give 2 $hits what others think...and i appreciate that point of view. Can't wait for mine...
Sponsored