First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OK I know this isn't for everyone, and knowing this crowd there will probably be a loud chorus of "you did what? Made a brand new Bronco look like a cobbled-together junkyard dog?" LOL...

Anyhow, I've seen a lot of "tribute" builds on here so I thought I'd share mine. It's not a tribute to some famous Bronco from a movie or Baja racing or a copy of anything owned by a celebrity. It's a tribute to the most badass Early Bronco I know of...my own. Err...my wife's, if you ask her. We just completed the look in time for Big Bear Bronco Bash last weekend, and everyone who knows us and our Early Bronco, Coco, loves what we did with Chanel. But I'm sure anyone who sees it by itself and doesn't know us or our Broncos is scratching their head wondering WTF. That's OK, let 'em wonder :)

20220610_0075X.jpg

It all started over two years ago. On June 3, 2020 to be exact. I saw some renderings of the new Bronco here on 6G. They were artists renderings based on the clues we knew back then, although the complete Broncos had not been fully shown yet, only the camouflaged ones running around. Anyhow 6G posted them in each of the known colors at the time, and I had an idea so I grabbed the one in Oxford White and fired up Photoshop:

IMG_7962.JPG

If you're wondering why Coco has a coat of many colors, I built it quite a few years ago using parts from as many as 9 different Broncos. I always intended to paint it one color but Steffie fell in love with it's junkyard livery and wouldn't let me paint it. So it's stayed like that, and become endearing to our friends that we wheel with. Anyhow, I posted that rendering of the 6G with Coco's colors on Facebook more or less as a joke. But Steffie loved it, and said "we're doing it!" I rolled my eyes and figured she'd come to her senses. But two years later and she still hadn't, so we ordered some vinyl off of Amazon and she went to work.

IMG_3641.jpeg

We'd never wrapped anything before, but by the second door we had gotten reasonably better. I didn't have the proper tools so we used my Moose Lodge card as a squeegee :)

IMG_3649.jpeg

I knew the grille was going to be too hard to wrap so when I saw one of my So Cal Broncos buddies offering a new grille up for sale, I snapped it up to have as a replacement for when I decide to unwind all of this, then reached for the orange spray paint.

grille-paint.jpg

I actually used an adhesion promoter followed by several coats of Flat Racing Orange plastic paint. It turned out looking better than our wrap job.

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

We still need to do the tailgate (Coco's is brown). But it still looked pretty good on the trail for Bronco Bash.

20220611_0135.JPG

It was fun having them both on the trails together, although I couldn't always follow Steffie's line :)

20220610_0053X-2400w.jpg

I really like this pic of them together before we did the windshield frame.

IMG_3643.jpeg

Thanks for checking it out.

"Hello World there's a song we be singing... Come on be happy...."

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! 1655403730171
Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK I know this isn't for everyone, and knowing this crowd there will probably be a loud chorus of "you did what? Made a brand new Bronco look like a cobbled-together junkyard dog?" LOL...

Anyhow, I've seen a lot of "tribute" builds on here so I thought I'd share mine. It's not a tribute to some famous Bronco from a movie or Baja racing or a copy of anything owned by a celebrity. It's a tribute to the most badass Early Bronco I know of...my own. Err...my wife's, if you ask her. We just completed the look in time for Big Bear Bronco Bash last weekend, and everyone who knows us and our Early Bronco, Coco, loves what we did with Chanel. But I'm sure anyone who sees it by itself and doesn't know us or our Broncos is scratching their head wondering WTF. That's OK, let 'em wonder :)

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! 1655403730171

It all started over two years ago. On June 3, 2020 to be exact. I saw some renderings of the new Bronco here on 6G. They were artists renderings based on the clues we knew back then, although the complete Broncos had not been fully shown yet, only the camouflaged ones running around. Anyhow 6G posted them in each of the known colors at the time, and I had an idea so I grabbed the one in Oxford White and fired up Photoshop:

If you're wondering why Coco has a coat of many colors, I built it quite a few years ago using parts from as many as 9 different Broncos. I always intended to paint it one color but Steffie fell in love with it's junkyard livery and wouldn't let me paint it. So it's stayed like that, and become endearing to our friends that we wheel with. Anyhow, I posted that rendering of the 6G with Coco's colors on Facebook more or less as a joke. But Steffie loved it, and said "we're doing it!" I rolled my eyes and figured she'd come to her senses. But two years later and she still hadn't, so we ordered some vinyl off of Amazon and she went to work.

We'd never wrapped anything before, but by the second door we had gotten reasonably better. I didn't have the proper tools so we used my Moose Lodge card as a squeegee :)

I knew the grille was going to be too hard to wrap so when I saw one of my So Cal Broncos buddies offering a new grille up for sale, I snapped it up to have as a replacement for when I decide to unwind all of this, then reached for the orange spray paint.

I actually used an adhesion promoter followed by several coats of Flat Racing Orange plastic paint. It turned out looking better than our wrap job.

We still need to do the tailgate (Coco's is brown). But it still looked pretty good on the trail for Bronco Bash.

It was fun having them both on the trails together, although I couldn't always follow Steffie's line :)

Super dope!!! Love the look and you intent was so true!!

Robtw

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is awesome! OG spirit. Love it.

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love this!!
It wouldn't make sense for me, but this is your story and it's so fitting and cool!
Naysayers can just chill, haha, but I think you're gonna get lots more positive feedback than otherwise.

Sponsored

805Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 EB FSB Bronco; 2021 Outer Banks 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've arrived at "that age" where old friends and co-workers are dropping like home prices - without really getting a chance to enjoy life.

F' what anyone else thinks; do what makes you happy. Life is too short.

I like it. BUT, would my wife let me do this? Hell no! And since she has a corner on the market for a certain commodity in our relationship, it's not happening. You've got GOLD brutha!

Last edited:

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's a good thing there is a backstory, otherwise I would just think you were color blind.

Pretty cool to have a matching set of old and new Bronco's though. Just need to finish off the roll bars.

Wild Horses 4x4

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We love it you guys!!

Wvwaiting

Badlands
First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is AMAZING !!! A tribute to an old friend, bigger and better tribute to the love, respect and relationship you have cultivated!!! CHEERS!!! 🍻 Wishing you all the best future roads traveled!!!

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw this in the video and wondered what the story was. Cool idea.

Sponsored

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely love it!

I remember your original Bronco from Classicbroncos.com (was always one of my favorites).

Broncogirl66

Badlands
First Name
Gia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23" manual 2dr SAS, HPR 2" lift BDS suspenion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as you love it that's all that matters. I love when peeps make there vehicles original to them.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like it. No mistaking your Bronco.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Absolutely love it!

I remember your original Bronco from Classicbroncos.com (was always one of my favorites).
Thanks Kenny. I remember you from over there too.

DubZuc

Base
First Name
Zuc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2 Door Base & ‘23 4 Door Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so cool