Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I'm going to have to bring a bag of damn tools when I pick mine up and drive it 500 miles home.
Luckily I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that SAC is adding this to their PDI to check after the incident with another purchaser. I'll make sure to remind John when mine comes in as I have a 600-mile drive myself with planned detours.

My diesel sierra's hose blew off when I was in the middle of the Smokies on vacation during summer this year... I don't want to experience that again...
Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Would someone who's gotten their Bronco please let the rest of us know what if any tools come with the vehicle? Thanks!
Ratchet, 2 sockets, 2 torxplus bits, one long L torx plus wrench.

Tool kit is for the top and door removal.

*from memory, not certain there are 2 sockets

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Luckily I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that SAC is adding this to their PDI to check after the incident with another purchaser. I'll make sure to remind John when mine comes in as I have a 600-mile drive myself with planned detours.

My diesel sierra's hose blew off when I was in the middle of the Smokies on vacation during summer this year... I don't want to experience that again...
yup, I was going to ask John to get everything under hood checked out. I have a near 600 mile drive myself.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Raptor, ā€˜21 Macan S, ā€˜22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is ray charles the head of quality controle wtf there not checking anything just rushing out builds and we going to suffer for it
Their not even rushing them out. Iā€™ve been ā€œbuiltā€ since the 26th but the tracker still says in production so who knows what the heck is happening.

Seanette

Badlands
First Name
Seanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart, 2022 Badlands pending
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ratchet, 2 sockets, 2 torxplus bits, one long L torx plus wrench.

Tool kit is for the top and door removal.

*from memory, not certain there are 2 sockets
Thanks for the info.

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not needing tools as a fail-safe during a long drive. Truly cars have become appliances and so unimaginably reliable that nearly all cars today don't even have a tool kit in the trunk beyond changing a tire.

When I picked up the '61 T-bird from family in Texas along the gulf of Mexico, I flew into town with only the clothes on my back and 2 carry-on bags full of tools (maxed out at 100 lbs). Broke down 17 times on the 2,300 mile trip home and had an absolute blast the entire way, even when broken down. By the 8th day the clothes were pretty disgusting from all the wrenching in the dirt. But I made it home with only visits to parts stores (and bars) along the way.
Sounds like an episode of roadkill

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Already in process.
I see now a pair of long needle-nosed pliers needs to be added.
So far a tool bag with:
Socket set up to 19mm
2 pair channel locks
2 adjustables (1 small and 1 medium/lrg)
set of allens in std and metric
set of Torx
1 pkg of zip ties
1 roll of gorilla tape
few screwdrivers
medium pry bar
2lb deadblow
regular hammer
Umm you forgot torx plus bits

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't understand people expecting high quality from a pandemic product. Everything has suffered. I noticed it a lot with food lately. I think some companies are substituting sawdust for flour... anyway, these were also pushed out to try to get as much money and not lose customers. 21MY is a shit show, i don't think anyone should be surprised. If you are, you weren't paying attention.
It's basically, get them out, clean up with dealer and warranty.
It's never going to be perfect, never was. This year is just a little(a lot) less perfect
ummm, I didn't start doing substandard work because of "pandemic".

Maybe, that might work in some fields, like medicine: More medical errors, fewer patients... How would you feel if your surgeon started blaming his medical mistakes on "Covid"?

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ah man I'm a bit worried....12/20 build date. Wondering if I'll find LOTS of empty packets of Liquid IV in my BRONCO šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤£šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤£

My 12/20/2021 build date was just pushed to Week of Jan 3, 2022

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't understand people expecting high quality from a pandemic product. Everything has suffered. I noticed it a lot with food lately. I think some companies are substituting sawdust for flour... anyway, these were also pushed out to try to get as much money and not lose customers. 21MY is a shit show, i don't think anyone should be surprised. If you are, you weren't paying attention.
It's basically, get them out, clean up with dealer and warranty.
It's never going to be perfect, never was. This year is just a little(a lot) less perfect
Remember Fords moto - Quantity is job 1

Sponsored

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I there a thread with a checklist of things I should do when I get my Bronco this week or next? So far on my 2.7 I know I need to zip tie a hose, check the clamp, check my hardtop for spacing and separation...anything else Im forgetting?

Seanette

Badlands
First Name
Seanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart, 2022 Badlands pending
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I there a thread with a checklist of things I should do when I get my Bronco this week or next? So far on my 2.7 I know I need to zip tie a hose, check the clamp, check my hardtop for spacing and separation...anything else Im forgetting?
Here's the list my husband and I have put together so far, mostly from reading this forum. We'll probably get our Bronco about June or July.

When claiming Bronco:
tire pressure gauge
air compressor
zip ties
hose clamp pliers

Check:
lower coolant hose (the one near a pulley)
tire pressure
battery terminals
hose clamps

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Umm you forgot torx plus bits
I know I am asking a lot... but has anybody created a checklist of what we need to bring to pick up the Bronco... I know wire ties, and rachet thingies... I want to be able to go to the dealer with some basic knowledge and not seem like that broad that doesn't know sh*t about cars. My husband doesn't follow this message board because the Bronco belongs to me ... once its here, however, I am sure he will be begging to take possession.

Ford Bronco Coolant hose clamp on 2.7 engine ........check this too!!! 1637146258814

I don't mean to stereotype... but I am an old-fashioned kind of girl who believes the car work should be up to the man of the house...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know there have been some other posts regarding coolant hose issues. ā€¦

Notice how the hose was starting to come off the attachment. The clamp is on but is not 'released'. There is a tool that does that.

Ford Bronco Coolant hose clamp on 2.7 engine ........check this too!!! 1637146258814
I need comb through this forum to put a list together if and when I ever get a Bronco.

This goes on it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's the list my husband and I have put together so far, mostly from reading this forum. We'll probably get our Bronco about June or July.

When claiming Bronco:
tire pressure gauge
air compressor
zip ties
hose clamp pliers

Check:
lower coolant hose (the one near a pulley)
tire pressure
battery terminals
hose clamps
Bring an extremely bright flash light, to inspect the body for minor dings and paint imperfections.

Look for body gap alignment (also door clicking)
Sponsored