bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm not a turbo or intercooler expert but the video starts out talking about dyno tests, they do one at the start and end... then don't show it and say dyno's don't matter on intercoolers. The video title also states "more power" but then provides no information on actual power increase.

If dyno's didn't matter why show/edit in the runs? Why not show the results too? At the end it was just "well it looks cooler and probably runs cooler" which may very well be, but they didn't show a temperature baseline at the start.

rayofsi

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor Gen2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
got mine a week or 2 ago, just need time to get this installed. wondering why they couldn't develop something to replace the motor that needs to be kept.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
why would you need to replace the motor that is no longer used? Just need to plug into the existing motor to keep any check engine lights from coming on.

BTW on my GEN2 Raptor, no light comes on if you don't plug back into motor BUT you do get a warning on your ford pass app.

got mine a week or 2 ago, just need time to get this installed. wondering why they couldn't develop something to replace the motor that needs to be kept.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

it would of been nice if they had done a more structured before/after test, this was too subjective.

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If the OEM intercooler is offers good cooling efficiency the only way you could tell the difference is at the very top end of performance if the OEM unit falls short. Not sure if changing the intercooler by it's self will offer any measurable improvements.
Sponsored