Trip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Bronco, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the marine grade vinyl with seat heaters since I need that 8-9 months a year but was driving in 75 degrees and had complete swap ass... Anyone have suggestions for cooling seat covers? I have Recaro seats in my 71 that were done with marine grade vinyl and don't have the heat issues without AC. Would have ordered something different if had known they would be so damn hot.
Sponsored

Swain

Wildtrak
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor with a 2 & 4 broncos on order
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Try some bead seat covers. They should allow some airflow to your butt, so that it won’t get so sweaty.

defiant2

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Down in FL here - would also like an option for some airflow or possibly a different material to cover the factory material. Looking into the beaded ones, but I welcome additional input. Thank you!

Sponsored

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe Katzkins makes seat covers that have cooling fans built in. Not cheap though.

Kayci77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got these on the 2 front seats and they do double-duty to provide cooling as well as protection from scorching hot seats. The ventilation is not super strong but still better than nothing. They're a bit lumpy (I think there are foam rolls between the air vents) so not quite as comfortable as the MGV but still ideal for the summer. I picked them up on sale for $30 CAD each which in USD is practically free ;).

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/autotrends-cooling-fan-seat-cushion-0320136p.html

BroncoFanGirl

Black Diamond
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco & 2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We've not had many hot days yet in Atlantic Canada, but I did have a sweaty ass one day! I think I'll give the good ol fashion beaded one a try, it's only $25. I hope sitting on it for long periods of time won't end up leaving permanent indents on my MGV?

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands with MGV seats. I was afraid they'd be too hot to sit in when it got hot. A friend was pushing me to get leather.

They're hot to the touch if you've been parked in the sun, but seem to cool off and reach body temp quickly. The MGV doesn't seem to hold the heat. Also I'm wearing full length pants, not shorts. So for me, I won't be buying seat covers nor getting the seats recovered in something else. YMMV.

I live in Phoenix.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First long MGV drive over the long Memorial Day weekend. Didn't quite get swamp ass but at 75F outside temperature the seats were uncomfortably warm. And the heat emanating from the hard top was pretty harsh too.

Still looking for two solutions
  1. Advice on what seat cover works well over the MGV to make them less sticky/hot
  2. Are there any options for adding additional heat insulation on the hardtop under the sound deadeling. I can't imagine driving the truck in the low or mid 90s.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We've not had many hot days yet in Atlantic Canada, but I did have a sweaty ass one day! I think I'll give the good ol fashion beaded one a try, it's only $25. I hope sitting on it for long periods of time won't end up leaving permanent indents on my MGV?
clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif-gif.gif

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every time someone mentions "swamp ass" and "beads" in the same sentence I think of a certain device that cannot be mentioned in family friendly forums

Last edited:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Beads are the answer, 10,000,000 NYC Taxi drivers can't be wrong. I've been using them for 20 years on motorcycles and cars, very happy with them.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model