Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will give the Goodyear Territories a chance, but lately I've been thinking about what will be my replacement tires for the Sasquatch.

In the past I have used Cooper MAXX tires, and they're probably my favorite 4x4 tires ever. Decent road manners, super capable, tough durometer rubber and impenetrable sidewalls. Lately however, they have become ungodly expensive.

I've also had several sets of BFG AT's, going all the way back to the original KO. They are much better on-road, wear well and evenly, have decent sidewall strength, and can sometimes be found cheaply on a deal. They're available everywhere. But the durometer of the rubber is soft and they can get chewed up in the rocks.

If cost wasn't a factor I'd choose the Cooper MAXX. There's a somewhat equivalent Mickey Thompson tire (ATZ P3), as I believe Cooper owns M/T. But the BFG's are definitely better on-road and they usually get the job done, even if you need an extra tug here and there.

Anyone else considering these as replacement tires? Here are a few of my thoughts from running them on my Jeep:

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will give the Goodyear Territories a chance, but lately I've been thinking about what will be my replacement tires for the Sasquatch.

In the past I have used Cooper MAXX tires, and they're probably my favorite 4x4 tires ever. Decent road manners, super capable, tough durometer rubber and impenetrable sidewalls. Lately however, they have become ungodly expensive.

I've also had several sets of BFG AT's, going all the way back to the original KO. They are much better on-road, wear well and evenly, have decent sidewall strength, and can sometimes be found cheaply on a deal. They're available everywhere. But the durometer of the rubber is soft and they can get chewed up in the rocks.

If cost wasn't a factor I'd choose the Cooper MAXX. There's a somewhat equivalent Mickey Thompson tire (ATZ P3), as I believe Cooper owns M/T. But the BFG's are definitely better on-road and they usually get the job done, even if you need an extra tug here and there.

Anyone else considering these as replacement tires? Here are a few of my thoughts from running them on my Jeep:

I went with the Maxxis Razr A/T's three mountain- snowflake certified.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pics? How’s the road wear and noise?
here is the site:
https://www.maxxis.com/us/tire/razr-at/

Ford Bronco Cooper Discoverer S/T MAXX vs. BFGoodrich AT KO2 1642599503119

I would say that these tires are quieter than other A/T's but there may be a few that are a little more quiet. Traction is awesome and so far the tread wear is very good. I rotate all five every 10k miles. I believe Maxxis does a ton of research in the racing world. The also make excellent dirt bike tires and mountain bike tires.

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
here is the site:
https://www.maxxis.com/us/tire/razr-at/

Ford Bronco Cooper Discoverer S/T MAXX vs. BFGoodrich AT KO2 1642599503119

I would say that these tires are quieter than other A/T's but there may be a few that are a little more quiet. Traction is awesome and so far the tread wear is very good. I rotate all five every 10k miles. I believe Maxxis does a ton of research in the racing world. The also make excellent dirt bike tires and mountain bike tires.
They look just like Ridge Grapplers. Any pics on your bronco?

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I run Discoverers on my F250….used to be pretty reasonably priced….they are getting pretty noisy as they wear (even in a diesel)

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They look just like Ridge Grapplers. Any pics on your bronco?
My apologies I should have been more clear. My Bronco has Maxxiz M/T's and my Bronco is the '69 in my shop. I am still wailing on the G6 unit.
The Maxxis A/T's are on my truck. I will install BFG KM3's on the new one if I ever get it. This is what I run on the Rubi for wheeling.
Sponsored