Sponsored

CORRECTION - Damaged in transit. Was: Dealer says my Bronco may be "missing"? WTF

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

if it ends up being some sort of foul play, then maybe ask for a Raptor Bronco allocation at MSRP :) sorry you're dealing with this
Sponsored

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My warranties all started on the date sold. There's a good app called orto you can run your vin and it gives as much free info as I could find. It should at least list if it was sold and who sold it. Titles aren't issued right away so there may be a little lag.
Thanks for that. ran my VIN through that app and it shows Michigan Motor Vehicle Dept "title issued or updated - First owner reported 1/7/22". I'm in NJ as is my dealer so this is getting more weird.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for that. ran my VIN through that app and it shows Michigan Motor Vehicle Dept "title issued or updated - First owner reported 1/7/22". I'm in NJ as is my dealer so this is getting more weird.
Something going on. Hopefully they put you at priority 1 and get you a replacement quick. Might not be so bad in the end. You have to wonder what was holding it up all this time.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did track it on united and it has a load number and my dealer name but no order ID. Nothing I can click that takes me any further. What would that mean then? It's scheduled?
I think that is the case; it is scheduled. Railcar tracking would tell you if it got to the right destination.

Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tried a couple of VINs for undelivered and neither mention an owner, etc. So there’s definitely something fishy…

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully it's just a clerical error although I wouldn't be surprised if it was delivered to the wrong dealer and they sold it. Might have thought they got a nice bonus. Something like that happened to a person buying a Corvette. Purchased it through a dealership and had it drop shipped it to another dealership for pickup. Receiving dealership got it and sold it. By the time they found it someone had been driving it thinking they had bought it and the real owner had already paid for it. Probably kept some lawyers busy.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP .. try this. Download the Ford App and add a vehicle >> add your bronco VIN. If it takes it then you can check the location.
I don’t think that’ll work. Pretty sure they’d have to be in the vehicle to activate it.

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think that’ll work. Pretty sure they’d have to be in the vehicle to activate it.
Correct. Had already tried it. Someone would need to accept the activation. Maybe the new owner will accept it for me tomorrow? LOL

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You have to be in it to approve it for the first activation. Any subsequent activations are sent to the original account for approval in the app (or email I can't remember).

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
WTF?? As stated before, this is some DocuMystery sh!+.

PootsBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last time I checked the statistic was that a train derails or is involved in an accident every 20 minutes in the US. If the dealer specifically said "derailed" my bet would be on some train incident leading to total loss of the vehicles...

I do hope you hear good news though.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would be grateful for any insight the forum can provide. So - my blend date was 8/31 and FINALLY I get my built email on 12/25 with arrival at the dealer between 1/9 and 1/15. On 1/7 my dealer shows a status of "derailed" on their end. The whole week passes with no news so Friday I call the dealer and my salesman is out and I end up speaking with one of the dealer principals. Before I can tell him my story he says he already knows who I am and they have been trying to locate my Bronco for a couple days. They can no longer find it in their system etc. He explains that in 25+ years he's never had a vehicle go missing like this and he's waiting for a call back from the regional Ford rep. Furthermore the fact that they aren't getting back to him means they likely don't know where it is either. So they are going to get back up with me Monday or Tuesday with some kind of an update but they feel the fact that it can't be located means it's likely not coming. He said if it had been damaged, or stolen or anything like that they would normally notify him in short order. But in this case it's radio silent.

Now here is the twist - tonight I logged into my ford account and when you scroll down to the part where it lists recalls, etc - the warranty section says the warranty went into effect 1/4/22?? How is this possible? Now for additional information - the ford tracking links haven't been working for a while. I don't think my dealer is feeding me BS - he really sounded like he was pissed and thoroughly annoyed with Ford.

So - does anyone have any insight into a scenario like this? Did @Ford Motor Company sell my Bronco to someone else? Thanks in advance.
[/QUOT

Im Thinking shipped to the wrong dealer and sold out from under you, my friend. Hope I’m wrong. Good luck you you, that sucks.
Sponsored