stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Xpel Fusion on the painted surfaces and Stealth on the fenders -- could not be happier with the finished product. Close up photo below.
Did they take the fenders off? Looks great.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford should provide gold plated versions.

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
plastic is NOT expensive BUT the molds to make them are insanely expensive
Initially some expense for the molds but these days with the 3d cad modeling it isn't as involved as it used to be. After that they are punched out pretty quickly and with minimal expense. Friend of mine owns the largest plastic manufacturing company in North America so I have seen this process from design to implementation before.

$2600 for a set of plastic fenders is just holy cow expensive.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
get your friend to make them for half price and he will be RICH!

Initially some expense for the molds but these days with the 3d cad modeling it isn't as involved as it used to be. After that they are punched out pretty quickly and with minimal expense. Friend of mine owns the largest plastic manufacturing company in North America so I have seen this process from design to implementation before.

$2600 for a set of plastic fenders is just holy cow expensive.

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Xpel Fusion on the painted surfaces and Stealth on the fenders -- could not be happier with the finished product. Close up photo below.
3F36C4CB-0BAC-4CF8-8AE4-9A63E56D4304.jpeg
I’ve been seeing people doing these wraps and I’m curious what they do. Is is aesthetic or more for practical reasons?

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ve been seeing people doing these wraps and I’m curious what they do. Is is aesthetic or more for practical reasons?
At least for me, aesthetics is a secondary benefit. I purchased XPel to protect the surfaces from rock chips and trail scratches. Surface care is incredilb
Practical reasons - protects painted and non-painted surfaces from rock chips and trail rash. Also, makes washing the vehicle extremely easy — especially with XPel Fusion (their new film). Prior to wrapping my fenders, I had a couple drops of gas drop on the fender and immediately wiped it off; but it left a discoloration that took a little more elbow regressed to get out. With the film, it just wipes away. Working on ensuring no future drops!

OP
OP
derichio02

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Same here more for protection than aesthetic purposes. My vehicle is black and chips and scratches stick out like a sore thumb. I had mine done in clear Xpel Ultimate Plus + Fusion ceramic and wrapped fenders in Stealth matte since I didn’t want them shiny. Also makes washing the vehicle insanely easy.

Sponsored

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

At least for me, aesthetics is a secondary benefit. I purchased XPel to protect the surfaces from rock chips and trail scratches. Surface care is incredilb

Practical reasons - protects painted and non-painted surfaces from rock chips and trail rash. Also, makes washing the vehicle extremely easy — especially with XPel Fusion (their new film). Prior to wrapping my fenders, I had a couple drops of gas drop on the fender and immediately wiped it off; but it left a discoloration that took a little more elbow regressed to get out. With the film, it just wipes away. Working on ensuring no future drops!
Love that, thanks for the reply! Definitely makes it appealing to get. If you don’t mind me asking, how much was it to wrap and how did you go about finding a place to do it?

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For those of you who have had Xpel installed, did you go seamless?

OP
OP
derichio02

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For those of you who have had Xpel installed, did you go seamless?
Yep went seamless. One less potential failure point I guess. Also depends on the color of your vehicle as seams are more visible on darker colors in my experience.

Toffs

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Love that, thanks for the reply! Definitely makes it appealing to get. If you don’t mind me asking, how much was it to wrap and how did you go about finding a place to do it?
I found my installer by going on the Xpel company site then researched each installer separately (I knew I wanted the Xpel product). Complete vehicle coverage (minus roof) was $5,200 (Xpel Fusion film - their newest product).

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I found my installer by going on the Xpel company site then researched each installer separately (I knew I wanted the Xpel product). Complete vehicle coverage (minus roof) was $5,200 (Xpel Fusion film - their newest product).
Awesome. Thank you!
Sponsored