Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '20 Veloster N
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See, I knew you'd have a better answer than me lol.

I don't usually like urban camo, but this looks cool! I'd even think it'd look cool in a black/dark grey pattern. Can't wait to see an actual picture of yours once it is done.
I dug around and found that the OG on this is @MacDonald_Photo, check it out here, it's amazing! https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-its-at-and-whats-left-w-product-links.26360/

I can't wait to have the time to get her wrapped: I split my time between SEA, NYC, and LA so it's a ways out.
Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My friend operates a firm that does 3M vinyl wrapping of tons of shit......RVs, race cars, busses, airplanes, etc. I just asked him how much it would cost to wrap a 2021/22 Bronco. He said they don't have templates for it quite yet, but based on similar vehicle sizes and such that he estimated full vehicle would cost $4000. Again, lots of specifics they would need to price more accurately, but that is order of magnitude for a FULL VEHICLE wrap. They base pricing off of square footage, so take that into account.
Might be my cousin Steve at Fineline!

Taylor_UG

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, plastic off-gasses for different lengths of time depending on what their composition is, but it's more about the texture. Imagine a smooth acrylic panel that's like glass: It's plastic, but we use it all the time in signage because it's non-porous, silky smooth so the vinyl can grip onto it. But if you're talking about formed plastic like the door handles on cars or the backs of a lot of mirrors, etc then those are usually textured and rough, which means that on a macro level there's air pockets in the divots, and the vinyl can only grip onto the highest points so it's really really likely that those parts will fail if we try to wrap them. Now there are super grippy vinyls meant for wrapping floors, brick, concrete etc but they aren't compliant the way we want them to be when wrapping a car, meaning they're thick and don't flex and pull like we need, and are meant to be utilized and installed in a different manor all together.

As for the cost of a wrap: A 3M certified wrap tech is going to remove anything and everything that is in the way of where you want your vinyl to wrap and terminate. This means headlights, all the trim, handles, gaskets, anything plastic that is not getting wrapped, etc. That alone can take a day for removal and re-installation, and most shops utilize at least a two person team for each vehicle wrap.

Typical cost on a full vehicle wrap (nose to tail including door sills and bumpers) can run from $4k-$15k depending on square footage, complexity of compound curves, trim pieces listed above, and material choice. Wholesale cost on rolls of wrap material range from $350-$3k, and some cars take 2-3 rolls to wrap (think of the holographic G-wagon wraps, or the color change Lambo. Those are $15-20k easy. Expensive material + difficult as fuck to work with + time + skill).

As for wrapping the MIC top...I wouldn't do it and expect it to last more than 2 years unless it's garaged and babied. That material from what I remember when I was on the lot just isn't smooth enough for us to guarantee. But a lot of people are going to do it and love it while it lasts! Do what fits your budget and makes you happy!

I hope this helps!

FWIW: I'm looking to wrap mine like the attached (FULL DISCLOSURE: This was for my eyes only, I took a photo from this forum and tweaked the color because I liked the pattern to see what it looked like! Not my Bronco, but I LOVED the look of the urban camo and I'll make my own pattern up when I have the time to start wrapping mine for real).

270952495_2819666481664612_2918755497010852109_n.jpg
This was a wonderful and very descriptive response! Bravo.

fzracer484

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you're willing to give it a go, I'm planning on Plastidipping my top white. I figure it'll be about $50 worth of cans. I love this stuff and have used it for years. Did my wheels white with it already. Just need to wait for spring to take on the task.
Ford Bronco Cost of Vinyl Wrapping IMG_6210.JPG

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might be my cousin Steve at Fineline!
Ha, ha!.....BINGO. Steve and I have been friends for many years. Our kids went to school together, my wife went to high school with his wife, and we live less than 2 miles from one another.

Sponsored

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, plastic off-gasses for different lengths of time depending on what their composition is, but it's more about the texture. Imagine a smooth acrylic panel that's like glass: It's plastic, but we use it all the time in signage because it's non-porous, silky smooth so the vinyl can grip onto it. But if you're talking about formed plastic like the door handles on cars or the backs of a lot of mirrors, etc then those are usually textured and rough, which means that on a macro level there's air pockets in the divots, and the vinyl can only grip onto the highest points so it's really really likely that those parts will fail if we try to wrap them. Now there are super grippy vinyls meant for wrapping floors, brick, concrete etc but they aren't compliant the way we want them to be when wrapping a car, meaning they're thick and don't flex and pull like we need, and are meant to be utilized and installed in a different manor all together.

As for the cost of a wrap: A 3M certified wrap tech is going to remove anything and everything that is in the way of where you want your vinyl to wrap and terminate. This means headlights, all the trim, handles, gaskets, anything plastic that is not getting wrapped, etc. That alone can take a day for removal and re-installation, and most shops utilize at least a two person team for each vehicle wrap.

Typical cost on a full vehicle wrap (nose to tail including door sills and bumpers) can run from $4k-$15k depending on square footage, complexity of compound curves, trim pieces listed above, and material choice. Wholesale cost on rolls of wrap material range from $350-$3k, and some cars take 2-3 rolls to wrap (think of the holographic G-wagon wraps, or the color change Lambo. Those are $15-20k easy. Expensive material + difficult as fuck to work with + time + skill).

As for wrapping the MIC top...I wouldn't do it and expect it to last more than 2 years unless it's garaged and babied. That material from what I remember when I was on the lot just isn't smooth enough for us to guarantee. But a lot of people are going to do it and love it while it lasts! Do what fits your budget and makes you happy!

I hope this helps!

FWIW: I'm looking to wrap mine like the attached (FULL DISCLOSURE: This was for my eyes only, I took a photo from this forum and tweaked the color because I liked the pattern to see what it looked like! Not my Bronco, but I LOVED the look of the urban camo and I'll make my own pattern up when I have the time to start wrapping mine for real).

Also, remember there is zero warranty for horizontal surfaces. $1000 for a roof is bunch of money with no warranty.

jwrshaffer

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got a quote for $1200 for a vinyl roof and 3200 for the entire car. I don't have my Bronco yet but I ordered Eruption Green and I am going to do a white top and possibly do the wheels white.
I am following up on my reply. I was going to do a kevlar paint job. The look is cool and indestructible. Here is a place I found in Dallas:
https://www.starwoodmotors.com/customs/vehicle-paint-protection/
It's around 5k and they can paint anything. The issue is, you are pretty much stuck with the color you pick.

I started researching vinyl and ended up speaking to a friend who is into cars and gets his trucks wrapped. He loves it. So I called the guy he uses out of Connecticut:
https://www.acidynamix.com/
This place was awesome. They say a vinyl wrap is a great option. It does not last forever but you can change colors easily and it protects the original paint.

I was going to wrap the entire car with a white top and maybe a different shade of green. That being said, I do want to see what the green looks like in person. The picture in this thread is nicer than I expected.

Hope this helps anyone looking into the various options.

Juiced21

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're willing to give it a go, I'm planning on Plastidipping my top white. I figure it'll be about $50 worth of cans. I love this stuff and have used it for years. Did my wheels white with it already. Just need to wait for spring to take on the task.
I really think that Plastidip is the way to go here!

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ha, ha!.....BINGO. Steve and I have been friends for many years. Our kids went to school together, my wife went to high school with his wife, and we live less than 2 miles from one another.
Only guy I know who wraps race cars and airplanes, and then Arvada gave it away. If you see him, tell him cousin Joel from AZ says hi and ask him what the family discount is 🤣

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've heard that vinyl wrapping plastics isn't a great idea. I guess the plastic emits some sort of gas that doesn't allow the vinyl to stick properly?

I'm no expert on this though (@Juiced21 does vinyl stuff, maybe she can confirm or call me out on my lies).
I think it would be wise to wait a month or two after delivery for the MIC plastic to off-gas before wrapping it.

Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope this helps!

Clearly Danielle is a pro and knows her stuff, this all seems spot on to me.

So far my wrap is holding up really well, but it has only been a couple of months and I keep it in in a garage. Even so, I am already seeing a couple of spots around the edge where adhesion is not perfect. I agree that a wrapped top is probably going to last 2 years max under ideal conditions.

Now for me that was not an issue because I did it myself (the first time I ever wrapped anything), so total cost was under $200. More than anything I did it as a test to see what it would look like, and for fun and trying something I had never done before, especially since I have a 1.0 top that is going to be replaced by Ford for a 2.0 this upcoming summer as part of that customer satisfaction program they announced a while back.

In the process I gained a lot of respect for professionals that wrap flawlessly. It is definitely something for which there is no substitute for hours and hours of experience.

Final note, you can wrap the top without having to remove anything. The vinyl can be easily tucked under the rubber seals, and around the rolled edges. The only exception is the rear quarter glass windows.

Juiced21

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Clearly Danielle is a pro and knows her stuff, this all seems spot on to me.

So far my wrap is holding up really well, but it has only been a couple of months and I keep it in in a garage. Even so, I am already seeing a couple of spots around the edge where adhesion is not perfect. I agree that a wrapped top is probably going to last 2 years max under ideal conditions.

Now for me that was not an issue because I did it myself (the first time I ever wrapped anything), so total cost was under $200. More than anything I did it as a test to see what it would look like, and for fun and trying something I had never done before, especially since I have a 1.0 top that is going to be replaced by Ford for a 2.0 this upcoming summer as part of that customer satisfaction program they announced a while back.

In the process I gained a lot of respect for professionals that wrap flawlessly. It is definitely something for which there is no substitute for hours and hours of experience.

Final note, you can wrap the top without having to remove anything. The vinyl can be easily tucked under the rubber seals, and around the rolled edges. The only exception is the rear quarter glass windows.
Aw well shucks, thanks for the kind words!

And I love that you did it yourself! That's a lot of area to cover for your first time, how fun! Now I want to get my paws on a hardtop to see what that roof texture is like; I'm getting a soft top so I don't have to worry about getting too jealous, thankfully!

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it just me, or does the Bronco not seem like one of the EASIEST vehicles to wrap? Seems like it should be far cheaper than most!

- All the fenders, grill, and doors are easily removable, you could set them on a table and wrap them one by one comfortably!
- The surfaces are largely flat, with not too many intrusive body lines to have to work with
- If you have a soft top, there is SO MUCH less real-estate to wrap!

I feel like people are paying "regular" vehicle wrap prices, for a vehicle that should be far cheaper to wrap...

Juiced21

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it just me, or does the Bronco not seem like one of the EASIEST vehicles to wrap? Seems like it should be far cheaper than most!

- All the fenders, grill, and doors are easily removable, you could set them on a table and wrap them one by one comfortably!
- The surfaces are largely flat, with not too many intrusive body lines to have to work with
- If you have a soft top, there is SO MUCH less real-estate to wrap!

I feel like people are paying "regular" vehicle wrap prices, for a vehicle that should be far cheaper to wrap...
You make some valid points, but I'd like to make a couple in return:

- It's a large vehicle (4 door anyway), even with the soft top it's a lot of real estate, and will take the same amount of material as a normal vehicle (we order by rolls, not by sq.ft. or linear foot in most cases)
- Fenders, etc do come off but every vehicle has it's complexities and this has a lot of large, flatish panels but it doesn't make it "simple"
- You're still paying for a skilled installation that most people can't do at home (no garage space, not even know what the right tools and materials are, definitely don't know how to heat stretch and set vinyl, or wrap under a hood so that it is isn't bunched up and actually stays in place over time, etc).
- It's still a two person job and you might cut the labor expense down by 20% on a 2-door but most shops are looking at this at a day rate, not a minute or hourly rate.

FWIW at my shop 0-4 hours is a half day and anything over 4 hours is a full day, that also gives myself and my crews time to not rush on jobs and really pay attention to detail instead of worrying about "oh fuck, we're an hour over and not getting paid" it's more like "OK cool, we have an hour left, let's really nit-pick this job and get it perfect"

I don't know about "Far cheaper". A 2-door being a little less, sure; but FAR cheaper? Not a chance.
Sponsored