Sponsored

Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins)

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I picked up Brandmotion’s digital mirror/dashcam for the Bronco. https://brandmotion.com/product/fullvue-rear-camera-mirror-for-ford-bronco-fvmr-1120/

The cost is $600, but the only official installer/licensed retailer in the area is my local 4WP. They want $330 to install it. Instructions say between 90 to 120 minutes to install. The 4WP folks had never heard of Brandmotion, didn’t know they were a retailer for them, and have not yet worked on a Bronco. They seemed they weren’t certain they could do the job. Didn’t want to do it on a Saturday in case it took 2 days to finish. It didn’t leave me with a lot of confidence. But neither am I confident I could do it myself without breaking a panel bracket or something.

Is $330 a fair price to install?

Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) 16F5A0C4-B145-4FEB-91E9-EDA3A2562C7D
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A good car audio shop should be able to handle the install as well. Can't speak to the price but $330 for a couple of hours labor is probably about right.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a pretty cool camera! As far as install, it looks like wiring is run the length of the vehicle which takes a little time. That install price may not be bad.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following and checking in on this as I am considering doing the same thing down the road.

OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Okay, I just got this installed today. Not much time with it - just the drive home from 4wp, but I know I’m going to really like it. A button on the bottom changes it back and forth from a regular mirror to a digital mirror, depending on your needs. The display is clear and bright - looks great. It is also a front-facing dash-cam. You can record video out of the front and/or back cameras and also take pictures. You can set it to record video automatically while you drive (it saves over older content first). And set it to record if it senses movement while parked. Here are a few photos and I’ll write more of a review after some time with it.

Regular Mirror Mode:
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) AFACB581-721D-49C5-9B0D-BAD197A36233

Digital Mirror Mode:
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) 219525F9-8E3B-4BFA-B421-95C3A7E12C42

The mirror is a touchscreen… touch to bring up menus:
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) 26F0D796-BA83-4916-9F0F-D67F7FD27FD8

Regular Mirror Mode at a Stop Light. It’s a Toyota Truck behind me, but you can’t tell:
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) 845220F8-17B5-499B-AE11-FAD5FAC9980D

Same but with Digital Mirror Mode. You see so much more:
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) E4884750-6F6B-4A5C-BDCF-113514B08D0C

It performs very well at dusk. Haven’t tried digital at night… but if it sucks, you can just make it a regular mirror again. Sun setting in background:
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) 0D40E254-0EC3-40DD-A11C-546976A6D676

Sponsored

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Okay, I just got this installed today. Not much time with it - just the drive home from 4wp, but I know I’m going to really like it. A button on the bottom changes it back and forth from a regular mirror to a digital mirror, depending on your needs. The display is clear and bright - looks great. It is also a front-facing dash-cam. You can record video out of the front and/or back cameras and also take pictures. You can set it to record video automatically while you drive (it saves over older content first). And set it to record if it senses movement while parked. Here are a few photos and I’ll write more of a review after some time with it.

Regular Mirror Mode:
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) 0D40E254-0EC3-40DD-A11C-546976A6D676

Digital Mirror Mode:

Regular Mirror Mode at a Stop Light. It’s a Toyota Truck behind me, but you can’t tell:

It performs very well at dusk. Haven’t tried digital at night… but if it sucks, you can just make it a regular mirror again. Sun setting in background:

So, how long did it take them?
Did they do a great job?
The rear digital looks very useful.
Let us know how the recorded forward and rear clips look when you get a chance.
Thanks for the review.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Regular Mirror Mode:

Digital Mirror Mode:

WOW, what an unobstructed view! And it sounds like it doubles as a security camera, too!

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How responsive is the screen when you change the view? Does it have a long start up process when you power on the vehicle?

OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, how long did it take them?
Did they do a great job?
The rear digital looks very useful.
Let us know how the recorded forward and rear clips look when you get a chance.
Thanks for the review.
The instructions say 90 minutes to 2 hours to install. But the instructions aren’t great and there is no install video yet on YouTube that I could find. Brandmotion says they are making one. I dropped the Bronco off in the morning and picked it up after work, so not sure how long it took them. Mine was the first full-sized Bronco they’ve worked on for anything. I think it took them longer than 2 hours. They did do a great job, despite a tiny crack in a small cover panel on the passenger mirror, for which they reimbursed me. They were all super nice and helpful at 4WP. They said that the Bronco was the hilight of their day because no one had seen one yet. The Manager said he couldn’t get his people to work all day because they were standing around the Bronco drooling at it. 😂
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) 09E2A9E2-EC59-453A-B107-40562BFDA7B6

OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How responsive is the screen when you change the view? Does it have a long start up process when you power on the vehicle?
The change between digital and regular is instant. The touchscreen is very responsive for the menu system and when changing the view between front camera, rear camera, or both. It does have a very quick startup sequence when you turn the engine on. It’s over before you can put her in reverse.

Sponsored

Mike_D

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4D Bronco BD, '23 2D Bronco Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you, Packman for the writeup. I am considering doing the same since I think the view out of the back of my as yet undelivered softtop will be limited. Also, considering how the back of my Bronco may be packed to the roof on long trips.
A buddy has one from the factory on a new GMC pickup. It works great to get an unobstructed view. It DID take a little getting used to, since the image doesn't move at all when you move your head!

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't mind the standard rear view mirror. Yeah, it is limited but I've seen worse. However, I've wondered about the camera-based mirror. It certainly adds a lot more visibility. I worry if it would look unnatural or artificial.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I didn't mind the standard rear view mirror. Yeah, it is limited but I've seen worse. However, I've wondered about the camera-based mirror. It certainly adds a lot more visibility. I worry if it would look unnatural or artificial.
I will say as pure mirror (not in digital mode), the factory mirror has a better image than the brandmotion mirror. It’s brighter and I think not as much magnification, so you see a little more. I don’t think the digital looks unnatural - very pleased with the resolution. But it is a different way of seeing things which will take getting used to.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am good with the factory rear view camera.

However, that said I want to try something like this but use the camera as a front trail camera. Either use the rear view as my viewscreen or use a converter to usb for use with the factory screen.

Glad the camera is clear and clean with good light adaptability.

OP
OP
Packman

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The digital mirror works great at night too! I was worried that it wouldn’t. It has ”night mode“ settings which, in my drive last night, showed clear video without the screen being too bright. On the first day, I thought the front camera was no good while the rear camera was fantastic. Turns out that the protective film had not yet been removed on the front camera lens. 😂. Took that off and now have clear video out of the front and back. Playback of videos is easy right on the mirror, or you can take the SD card out and watch on computer. Maybe a future version will allow you to download to your phone via bluetooth - that would be cool. My final verdict is that it’s a great product and I’m very happy with purchase and installation. Recommended!
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) AA982C83-5A62-4B22-9A5E-22EE7475AB67
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) EF0D2555-2F22-4692-827D-86B524A156C6
Ford Bronco Cost to install Brandmotion Digital Rearview Mirror/Dashcam @ 4WP Store - $330 a fair price? (Install Complete - Review Begins) 2D69609D-76EA-4194-B6D6-38F7BB554CA7
Sponsored