Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would think itd be relatively cheap to wrap since the panels are removable and make tucking in the edges way easier than cutting close to the body.

I agree though Line-X or paint.
Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd consider Line-X, particularly if Ford can't do a better job getting the MIC to match the rest of the vehicle.
I'm wondering though about doing this with a multi-piece roof. All Line-X I've seen has a fairly rough texture, and I'm thinking that could complicate matters with getting the roof to properly seal.

Anyone have personal experience applying this to a Jeep or similar roof? How did it affect the seal between panels, or between the roof and the body?
IF you linex the roof I think you will be adding 50-100lbs of paint.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd consider Line-X, particularly if Ford can't do a better job getting the MIC to match the rest of the vehicle.
I'm wondering though about doing this with a multi-piece roof. All Line-X I've seen has a fairly rough texture, and I'm thinking that could complicate matters with getting the roof to properly seal.

Anyone have personal experience applying this to a Jeep or similar roof? How did it affect the seal between panels, or between the roof and the body?
Yes.
You mask off the rubber seals so you don't get the liner in there.
I do not remove them because any removal/install is apt to leak where it didn't before on a design that is prone to leaks anyway after a bit of wear and tear.
The mil thickness of the liner does not interfere with the fitment of the panels. But at the same time, you don't want to concentrate the application on the edges so that it could interfere. Just some consistent, good coverage is all that is needed there.
If the Mod top on the Bronco has tighter gap tolerances it could pose an issue.
If it looks like it might, I would recommend masking off seals and lining it as one piece so all of the "show side" areas are uniform and coated, and there is some original "grey" or whatever in the insides of the seams once taken apart. It would be a "lesser of two evils" situation in the case the gaps were so tight that the thickness of the liner would interfere.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you tell us more about get coating please, do you have a couple of links for examples?
Its what they coat boats with. Its about 1/4 inch thick I think.

I believe the bottom 3 inches of my trucks paint has a gel coat as well to protect against rocks.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My concern would be in the removable top that the wrap world come off. I feel like this is something for paint.
Line-x is a type of paint that can take a beating compared to wrapping.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

$500- (2 door)--$700 (4 door). Possibly and probably a bit cheaper on that 4 door number in reality.
Once I am able to see them in person I'll know better. Possible 400 2 door and 5-600 4 door.
In my opinion, do some research (youtube) Raptor Liner. There are all kinds of videos on how to do this yourself, and this being a top…… This is the route I plan on taking to do my whole vehicle.

Sponsored

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not a cosmetic dressing. It's an easy-to-use permanent dye.
Before spending your hard earned $$$ try this first. I used it on faded out and original gray molding parts of a 06 vehicle. turned the gray to jet black...The vehicle has never been garaged.. and three years later still looks very black, it has not faded and no color runs.

Take a look at this link and read the reviews, look at the customer images

https://www.amazon.com/Forever-Bumper-Improved-Formula-Larger/dp/B00FAYLPZK/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=forever+black&qid=1602088835&sr=8-1&th=1

If it doesn't work out for you then try the more expensive options

Last edited:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my opinion, do some research (youtube) Raptor Liner. There are all kinds of videos on how to do this yourself, and this being a top…… This is the route I plan on taking to do my whole vehicle.
Don't need to research. I've done a dozen tops and a few overall vehicles. And several inside beds.
Did one Expedition in OD green with Desert tan on the side panels, bumpers, fender flares.
I was just speculating price ranges I would be charging based on what I charge currently for the Jeep equivalents.