Sponsored

Could a higher end Bronco to compete with the AMG or Rovers happen in the future?

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not so much the AMGs, but I see a lot of Range Rovers and Defenders out there. Seems like this could be a segment that Ford could pursue with a more luxurious Bronco variant.
Sponsored

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMHO that's a market I don't think Ford would ever specifically target with the Bronco. Perhaps they'll come out with something based on the Bronco platform under to the Lincoln brand, but even then it would probably be years before they'd do something like that. Obviously I couldn't possibly know, but just seems unlikely and I just don't imagine people buying higher end off-road vehicles would be a big enough market to be of interest to Ford as a brand.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m not sure the Range Rover customer wants a Bronco no matter how nicely trimmed out it is. My wife drives an ‘18 Range Rover and has zero interest in our Bronco. :)

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will no doubt be an Eddie Bauer or King Ranch type edition soon enough.

My guess is a blacked out full leather trim w beadlocks and a winch called the "Bronco Desert Sand Midnight" edition or BDSM for short.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Highly unlikely that this will ever happen. If you want a luxury trimmed Bronco do it your damn self

JustinZ

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford could, and it would cost 100k+. My magic 8-ball says "probably not."

I’m not sure the Range Rover customer wants a Bronco no matter how nicely trimmed out it is. My wife drives an ‘18 Range Rover and has zero interest in our Bronco. :)
I'm in the exact same boat. They are extremely dissimilar vehicles.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IMHO that's a market I don't think Ford would ever specifically target with the Bronco. Perhaps they'll come out with something based on the Bronco platform under to the Lincoln brand, but even then it would probably be years before they'd do something like that. Obviously I couldn't possibly know, but just seems unlikely and I just don't imagine people buying higher end off-road vehicles would be a big enough market to be of interest to Ford as a brand.
Would pay money to see the Matthew McConaughey commercial with him waxing poetic while flying over bumpy desert terrain.

Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Could a higher end Bronco to compete with the AMG or Rovers happen in the future? hmm-probably

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At heart, the Bronco is a $30K vehicle, no matter how many expensive doodads you add to it to increase the MSRP.
Exactly the Bronco was always meant to be an affordable capable utility vehicle from day one (1966). The base 6g has more goodies than the most optioned out first gens. In other words we're talking about 2 different markets.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There will no doubt be an Eddie Bauer or King Ranch type edition soon enough.

My guess is a blacked out full leather trim w beadlocks and a winch called the "Bronco Desert Sand Midnight" edition or BDSM for short.
(Flag) Whips and (Tow) Chains included?

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've sat in a Range Rover recently. It was very nice on the inside but let's be real, you're paying for a name. There was more tech in the Range Rover but not 30k more than my badlands. The materials are a bit nicer but again not worth the extra 30k.
Sponsored