Sponsored

Could a higher end Bronco to compete with the AMG or Rovers happen in the future?

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think they will. If Ford wanted to compete with Range Rovers, they would have just kept the Ranger Rover brand and would not have sold it for a loss.

MNBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You haven't heard of the Lincoln Pegasus coming out in 2 years?
Somebody should do a rendering.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, and it’s a full size.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is true. Starting to get annoying.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

imo i think they are in the right space now.

more luxury than jeep.
less than lr, etc.

bronco demographic is offroad, tops off with some dd comforts. they want to compete with jeeps or 4runners and are kind of in their own class. it's better to be in the top of your class then the bottom of another, although i think a lux is reasonably close to the bottom.

coming from a lr there are features that are just not practical in the bronco and still remain rugged enough. generally i do not see lrs offroading in the same space as jeeps or broncos.

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Suppose it depends. My wife grew up in Africa driving Range Rovers over there and now wants a new defender 90 (two door thank the lucky stars). She's driven my 2 dr bronco but doesn't like climbing in. The Defender squats down 3-4 inches when you open its door, then lifts back up to normal height for easier egress and entrance. But, I really think it is the "Africa" thingy.

ps: will not BUY her a Defender 90... Lease her one, yes. Buy, no.

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would consider it. Look at the Bronco Raptor, its already running at ~70-80k optioned out. Extra sound deadening, extra large moonroof or cool as a cucumber sunroof (similar to EVs).

Or hell, make a high performance EV under the Lincoln brand, a competitor to the Hummer EV.

People forget, with luxury you are targeting a market where money is of less of a concern. And quite frankly, people want cool and unique cars. You can easily option out a Lexus for 100k as well as sedans galore. Why the hell not a Bronco?! Think big and crazy guys.

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Defender is a segment I don't think Ford was targeting: Perceived Luxury.

Defender is for posers, divorced women, and people that can pair a wine with chartreuse and brie cheese. Those that are not likely to change their minds to a US built vehicle regardless of quality, performance, or value. Fact is, Defender is a unibody construction (body flex issues) with poor reliability and expensive service history. Land Rover is also now owned by Tata motors, India. Their quality and perceived luxury is NOT going in an upward direction with decisions now coming out of Mumbai. They are NOT the classic Range Rover that built the brand.... Today's vehicle is not the vehicles that traversed the Darien Gap.... 50 years ago.

Ford built on a solid platform frame targeting off-road performance. They hit the mark and then ran it over... Pretty good coming from a high volume manufacturer in a first year product.

I think we all wish the BRaptor would of used a Coyote or Predator engine and had better street creed... to match its off-road performance. As is, the BRaptor is king at what it was designed to do and it got there right out of the gate. Bronco is in its infancy and its rare to see another stock vehicle compared to the Bronco. How many times do you see a jacked up highly modified Jeep compared to a bone stock first year Bronco... and the Bronco holding its own.... i.e. Lite Bright, et al.

Bronco did well in paying homage to its heritage design while making an incredibly capable off-road vehicle. As long as you don't mount a high-lift jack on your Bronco, you will never be mistaken as a poser... But Bronco owners, stay humble and give the broken down Defender's family a lift out of the woods....

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m not sure the Range Rover customer wants a Bronco no matter how nicely trimmed out it is. My wife drives an ‘18 Range Rover and has zero interest in our Bronco. :)
My wife has a Defender and loves my Bronco. But there is a HUGE difference in luxury, and sound system quality.

You're probably right with most people. But it could be something they move to. But LR has been doing luxury off roading for decades, has more name appeal.

I would like to see an adjustable air suspension on a Bronco.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No one thinks Ford when they think luxury.

Ford's business model is and always has been volume, not luxury.

Not sure why people think Ford would ever change their winning combination.

And no, the Bronco will never ever be a luxury vehicle no matter how much they charge for it.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
imo i think they are in the right space now.

more luxury than jeep.
less than lr, etc.

bronco demographic is offroad, tops off with some dd comforts. they want to compete with jeeps or 4runners and are kind of in their own class. it's better to be in the top of your class then the bottom of another, although i think a lux is reasonably close to the bottom.

coming from a lr there are features that are just not practical in the bronco and still remain rugged enough. generally i do not see lrs offroading in the same space as jeeps or broncos.
In what world is Ford more luxury than Jeep? Lol. The Grand Wagoneers put any Ford to shame with their interiors, they’re almost 120K fully loaded. The Wrangler is much better quality than the full plastic interior of the Bronco as well.
Sponsored