Sponsored

Could Sasquatch "high clearance suspension" mean a 2 inch lift?

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The two door numbers would be comparing hard top v hard top in Badlands v Wildtrak. The tire diameter is a known number for each. The numbers don’t add up if what you say is the case, but maybe they were preliminary and the comments you got are correct.
I agree that at face value, the numbers don’t add up. But there are a ton of variables to consider, most of which we have no clue about yet. With tire size, I know we can find actual diameters of the tires, but those aren’t under weight of the vehicle either. The actual heights under load will be different. Just passing along info to try and clear some things up.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the end, you argue about tenths of an inch in cleance.....when my stock Outback has more cleance than a BasecampTM..... BY 3 tenths!!!

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the end, you argue about tenths of an inch in cleance.....when my stock Outback has more cleance than a SamsquantchTM..... BY 3 tenths!!!
Than a Sasquatch? Your Outback has almost a foot of clearance?

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the end, you argue about tenths of an inch in cleance.....when my stock Outback has more cleance than a SamsquantchTM..... BY 3 tenths!!!
You aren't supposed to count the cinder blocks its sitting on!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What I find interesting is that on the spec sheet it states 8.3 clearance and 11.5 with 35s. So take 1" out for the tire and yup.. you would be about 2

but not counting my chicken eggs yet.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I find interesting is that on the spec sheet it states 8.3 clearance and 11.5 with 35s. So take 1" out for the tire and yup.. you would be about 2

but not counting my chicken eggs yet.
You don't gain any diff clearance from the suspension, you gain clearance from the tires. A suspension lift will get the frame rails up, but not the differentials without bigger tires.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You don't gain any diff clearance from the suspension, you gain clearance from the tires. A suspension lift will get the frame rails up, but not the differentials without bigger tires.
Good point.... not sure what they are referring to then unless they meant to say travel.

With so many misprints and Frankenstein mock ups it a wonder if we get anything right !

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless, the squatch rear suspension is different and it gets rid of half that crap hanging down 6 inches off the axle.

Doubt it, but who knows. Probably just anomalies in preproduction specs.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless, the squatch rear suspension is different and it gets rid of half that crap hanging down 6 inches off the axle.

Doubt it, but who knows. Probably just anomalies in preproduction specs.
One can hope. Hope in one hand & Crap in the other to see which hand fills up first. One day they'll get that B&P thing going

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That was my complaint on the bronco. How can a relatively large SUV have such low ground clearance on 35s? The xterra pro4x has 9.5" clearance on 32s and stock suspension for comparison.
Manufacturers list minimum ground clearance (usually to the differential), so this number becomes strictly a function of tire size 30"=8.4, 32=9,5, 35=11, more or less. While this is important it is not the whole story.

Yeah a Subaru may have the same clearance as a Bronco, but that 8.x" is going to be at a lot more places than just a low hanging differential, not to mention approach, departure and breakover.

Modern 4x4's are designed around a low center of gravity and shielding the fuel take for safety. This is why an old EB with 28" tires really has more useable clearance than a new Bronco with 32's. The diff. on an EB may be a little lower, but everything else is tucked away nicely. The new Bronco has a fixed front diff (IFS), a midships fuel tank and those hangy downy rear suspension components. So it needs big tires to even be competent off road.

The only reasonably priced modern 4x4's with decent dynamic ground clearance are 3/4 ton + Ford and Dodge pickups. If we and the Government didn't want so much safety and comfort built in design could be much more effective off road. Such is our world. I'm still buying a Bronco
Sponsored