Sponsored

Could Sasquatch "high clearance suspension" mean a 2 inch lift?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

True, not quite sure why that is the final design, new jeep shock mounts are quite low too. My point was more that one number does not reflect effective ground clearance.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What I find interesting is that on the spec sheet it states 8.3 clearance and 11.5 with 35s. So take 1" out for the tire and yup.. you would be about 2

but not counting my chicken eggs yet.
That would be 33 to 35. What is the diameter of the base tires? (Because the 8.3 is the base ground clearance.)

I though we came to the conclusion that the Squatch is 1.2ā€ lift and the rear tire and the Badlands is the same suspenseful with maybe .6ā€ less lift somehow.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜12 Lexus GX, ā€˜75 Bronco Sport ā€œBuddyā€
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That would be 33 to 35. What is the diameter of the base tires? (Because the 8.3 is the base ground clearance.)

I though we came to the conclusion that the Squatch is 1.2ā€ lift and the rear tire and the Badlands is the same suspenseful with maybe .6ā€ less lift somehow.
Badlands and up have the same suspension as the Sasquatch. Everyone saying it isnā€™t just likes to argue while having no first hand knowledge.

Last edited:

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
LMMFAO !!!!! I just looked it up, my OUTBACK has 8.7" !!!!!
It also doesnā€™t have a HOSS off road suspension. I get it, the ground clearance with 30 inch Steelies isnā€™t great but, the suspension and locker(s) if equipped and that really cool option on all models...the Steering Wheel, should provide plenty of opportunity and capability for 90% of the users.

basepatrol5

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Fusion SEL, 1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Except a Badlands. In that case about a .6" suspension lift of some type, plus the bigger tire.
So are you saying that the Non-Sasquatch Badlands already gets a 0.6" life due to the stock 33" tires? I was wondering about this.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So are you saying that the Non-Sasquatch Badlands already gets a 0.6" life due to the stock 33" tires? I was wondering about this.
Actually - when we did the calcs we cam e out with
Did a bunch of calculations around this a while back, and came out with Badlands suspension (not tires) being .6" higher than non-Squatch base - OB, and Squatch suspension being 1.2" higher than non-Squatch base - OB or .6" higher than Badlands.

Since then: Ford reps have said the Badlands Suspension and the Sasquatch High Lift Suspension have the exact same coilovers, the only difference being the Sasquatch having a 10mm spacer to limit up travel.

This would leave you to believe they have the exact same amount of suspension lift over the non-Squatch base - OB. i.e., the only difference in ground clearance and height is tire diameter.

However: the eyeball test on that Badlands non-Squatch overland concept seemed like there was a little less vertical space between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fenders. This could have been due to Badlands bashplates and steel bumpers plus LUX plus accessories loadout. This could have been due to 35" vs 315 tire diameters. Or, maybe there really is some spring difference. ?ā€ā™‚

So, absent a parts catalog analysis, no one really knows for sure but theoretically the only difference between Sasquatch and non-Squatch Badlands is 315 vs 285 tires, wider wheels with a different offset, and fender flares.

i.e., (34.4-32.8)/2=.8"

basepatrol5

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Fusion SEL, 1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Actually - when we did the calcs we cam e out with

Did a bunch of calculations around this a while back, and came out with Badlands suspension (not tires) being .6" higher than non-Squatch base - OB, and Squatch suspension being 1.2" higher than non-Squatch base - OB or .6" higher than Badlands.

Since then: Ford reps have said the Badlands Suspension and the Sasquatch High Lift Suspension have the exact same coilovers, the only difference being the Sasquatch having a 10mm spacer to limit up travel.

This would leave you to believe they have the exact same amount of suspension lift over the non-Squatch base - OB. i.e., the only difference in ground clearance and height is tire diameter.

However: the eyeball test on that Badlands non-Squatch overland concept seemed like there was a little less vertical space between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fenders. This could have been due to Badlands bashplates and steel bumpers plus LUX plus accessories loadout. This could have been due to 35" vs 315 tire diameters. Or, maybe there really is some spring difference. ?ā€ā™‚

So, absent a parts catalog analysis, no one really knows for sure but theoretically the only difference between Sasquatch and non-Squatch Badlands is 315 vs 285 tires, wider wheels with a different offset, and fender flares.

i.e., (34.4-32.8)/2=.8"
Now THAT is some serious in-depth analysis. Nice work, and thanks.

Pruitt79

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 badlands sas 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
has anyone on here found a small level for the badlands or am I going to have to go to coil overs to get 35ā€™s on it?
Sponsored