Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 4 door. Sasquatch. Manual
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bought my F150 from Huntington Beach Ford. Miserable experience. Had to really argue to get fair value for my trade. Then they tried to squeeze the extended warranty in without telling me until we were reviewing the line items in finance. I only agreed to keep it on there because the truck was heavily discounted due to labor day sales and X-plan. Also, I said I'll take an interest rate 2 pts higher if they give the extended warranty for free. They did and I refinanced it at sub 2% at my credit union the next week. There are ways to make the dealer your chump too. They won't always have the upper hand. A reckoning will come in the form of skipping the dealer entirely. Other countries don't have dealers or if they do, the dealers are owned and run by the OEM.
I had a salesman tell me Ford is moving in just that direction.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well my Ford neglected friends, I guess after waiting 2 years Ford finally fell pity for me and today sent me my VIN # and a production date of Aug 15 2022.
I think whenever it arrives at the dealer I will be there to pick it up along with a lawyer, just in case they get stupid... which I have a feeling they will, but I want to be optimistic n hope I'm wrong. LoL
What you need to do is make sure that you have all the details hammered out with them today.

If you get any hassle, call Ford, tell them you moved, and need to move the order to a different location (seems reasonable after a 2 year wait) before it is actually built.

I am not sure they would move the order, but I would certainly try to move it should the dealer try to screw you before it's even built.

Don't wait, time is not your friend, getting it sorted now is the best way forward.

Reactions: Los

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Live and let live. If he/she’s has the cash, that’s their choice. If he/she has $20 mil in 20% mutual funds (there are many), that’s 4 mil a year gain. So, $30k is only 0.75% of their annual income. Chump change. With millions not wanting to and don’t work, it makes you wonder where all the money is coming from.
Which mutual funds have a 20% return? The best performing mutual funds have had a ~15% the last 5 years, which have been historically high. Not even trying to argue, just not sure what you mean?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Which mutual funds have a 20% return? The best performing mutual funds have had a ~13% the last 5 years, which have been historically high. Not even trying to argue, just not sure what you mean?
Bernie Madoff used to manage a fund like that, it out performed every year... LOL. 😂

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One just sold on eBay for $118k I believe...dude doesn’t even have it yet. The great part was in the description he stated he would need the money upfront so he can pay for it and then give it to whoever won the bidding.
What a great "prince from Liberia" scam. You give me the cash up front for a Bronco that's in my name and I'll give you that Bronco when/after I get it. ;)

Nothing could go wrong there.

What if...
Dealer finds out and refuses to sell to him and he's already spent some of the money?
What if...
He just keeps the Bronco.
What if...
[fill in the blank with your guess of what could go wrong]

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What dealer is that so they can be lit up?
If only there were some kind of clue in this thread, or one of the other threads about this particular window sticker…

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which mutual funds have a 20% return? The best performing mutual funds have had a ~15% the last 5 years, which have been historically high. Not even trying to argue, just not sure what you mean?
Ha! THIS!

I was about to respond to that post: "Tell me you you have no experience investing in mutual funds without telling me you have no experience investing in mutual funds."

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is it even legal to replace the factory mulroney sticker with that one (which is annotated at the bottom as 'not a factory sticker')??

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is it even legal to replace the factory mulroney sticker with that one (which is annotated at the bottom as 'not a factory sticker')??
They didn't actually replace it. It is next to the actual sticker like you typically see when a dealer adds tinted windows and nitrogen in the tires. That's hard to tell from the pic.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stopped by there yesterday. They have about 17 Broncos, and they are all marked up by $30k. I think this was the only one that was a base with the added on features. But there are a bunch of them. It doesn't seem like they are flying off the lot.

They also have many F150 Raptors marked up $50k.

XmasLightsBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One just sold on eBay for $118k I believe...dude doesn’t even have it yet. The great part was in the description he stated he would need the money upfront so he can pay for it and then give it to whoever won the bidding.
My dealer, Villa Park Ford in SoCal, told me the markup for Bronco Raptors will be $50k. They consider it a collector's item and only get 6 allocations for the year. (And they are the #2 dealer for Raptor allocations.)
Sponsored