Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I stopped by there yesterday. They have about 17 Broncos, and they are all marked up by $30k. I think this was the only one that was a base with the added on features. But there are a bunch of them. It doesn't seem like they are flying off the lot.

They also have many F150 Raptors marked up $50k.
17!!! I need to take a ride by there just to see the different colors again, and hopefully a few 2 doors. But tell me are they all either Area 51, cactus grey, black or gray or yello... err Cyber Orange. Are there reds or blues or whites or greens?
Sponsored

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My dealer, Villa Park Ford in SoCal, told me the markup for Bronco Raptors will be $50k. They consider it a collector's item and only get 6 allocations for the year. (And they are the #2 dealer for Raptor allocations.)
Screw them, WALK AWAY!

XmasLightsBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Screw them, WALK AWAY!
Yeah, I really was thinking of bailing on my current order (Badlands, SAS, 2.7, Lux, HT @ $60k MSRP) for a Braptor because essentially it has everything I want for only $12k more. (Which I'll probably spend anyway on suspension and fortifying rack and tie rods to achieve 37s.) Now I'm just hoping that the stronger rack and tie rods end up in the '23 badlands. I can do without the other Braptor fluff, especially for $50k markup.

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The more people submit to this ADM bull$#!+ the more these crook dealers will demand it. Let the damn vehicle rot on their inventory

Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I stopped by there yesterday. They have about 17 Broncos, and they are all marked up by $30k. I think this was the only one that was a base with the added on features. But there are a bunch of them. It doesn't seem like they are flying off the lot.

They also have many F150 Raptors marked up $50k.
Good. I hope it crushes their floor plan and they keep paying that interestā€¦

71mach429

Outer Banks
First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Taurus SHO, 1971 429 drag pack mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just don't understand it, people who pay those mark ups are losing their ass in the end.
Seems most people look at nothing but the monthly payment, I guess they don't understand what "upside down" means in the car world

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The more people submit to this ADM bull$#!+ the more these crook dealers will demand it. Let the damn vehicle rot on their inventory
Exactly, local dealer has 2 very desirable Broncos on the lot (both used but under 4k miles). The cheap one (2022 WildTrak 2 door) is on the lot for $89,995 and the expensive one (2021 First Edition 2 door) is on the lot for $99,995. BOTH USED.

I truly hope that no one is stupid enough to pay these prices. That's like a $30k ADM over MSRP plus a few aftermarket trinkets.

It was really disgusting to see.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems most people look at nothing but the monthly payment, I guess they don't understand what "upside down" means in the car world
The people paying large ADM don't worry about payments or being upside down, they only need to care about the moment, what they want in the moment, and that they can afford it in the moment.

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The people paying large ADM don't worry about payments or being upside down, they only need to care about the moment, what they want in the moment, and that they can afford it in the moment.
never has truer words been put to screen.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess this is how the dealers have always felt when you bought a vehicle for $15k under MSRP to get old stock off their lots. You guys werenā€™t complaining about that, were you? And if you sell your house for double what you paid for it 5 years ago, does that make you disgusting and greedy?

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess this is how the dealers have always felt when you bought a vehicle for $15k under MSRP to get old stock off their lots. You guys werenā€™t complaining about that, were you? And if you sell your house for double what you paid for it 5 years ago, does that make you disgusting and greedy?
we have a car dealer in the house.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
we have a car dealer in the house.
Not even a little bit. But I did own a small business for 10 years, and I understand how it works. But go ahead and be mad that market value is more than you want to pay. Iā€™m sorry life isnā€™t more fair to you.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not even a little bit. But I did own a small business for 10 years, and I understand how it works. But go ahead and be mad that market value is more than you want to pay. Iā€™m sorry life isnā€™t more fair to you.
I am not mad, but I still think that it's a disgusting amount of mark-up.

I already have a Bronco, but I sure as hell am never going to be convinced that a 30k ADM represents the fair market value.

The only thing worse is someone believing that the 30k ADM represents "fair market value".

Oh, and yes, life hasn't been fair to me (even paid under MSRP for my Bronco delivered before many day 1 reservation holders). I have done much better than I ever could justify... but no need to feel sorry about it.

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Whoa bud, you need help down off that high horse? When did I say anything about life needs to be fair. If anything, life has given me far more than I deserve. God is good. We all ā€œunderstand how it worksā€ you donā€™t have the market cornered. Good luck.
Sponsored