First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee, Porsche Boxster S, Lexus GX460
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got my Bronco last Tuesday. I had to take a road trip for work yesterday. I wasn't on the interstate more than an hour when a rock bounced off my windshield leaving a small chip. On my way back from the meeting another rock bounced off my windshield, but this one left an 8" crack! I've got a claim in with Safelite, but have been told glass is on back order. I waited 493 days to get the Bronco, wonder how long it will be to get a new windshield? Has this happened to anyone else or just my bad luck? Not sure that I'll ever take it back on an interstate now...
Sponsored

Inrustwetrust_

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got my Bronco last Tuesday. I had to take a road trip for work yesterday. I wasn't on the interstate more than an hour when a rock bounced off my windshield leaving a small chip. On my way back from the meeting another rock bounced off my windshield, but this one left an 8" crack! I've got a claim in with Safelite, but have been told glass is on back order. I waited 493 days to get the Bronco, wonder how long it will be to get a new windshield? Has this happened to anyone else or just my bad luck? Not sure that I'll ever take it back on an interstate now...
you are not alone! Just happened to me on Monday! Across the whole windshield
Ford Bronco Cracked Windshield 191A0A14-AE81-481F-A640-FFFB55D005DD

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got a rock to the windshield with less than 100 miles on mine and now have a huge crack on mine. Apparently there is no timeline for new ones either.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here with the crack. Got a windshield within 7 days from MAP and got it installed. Hang in there and it will come.

Windshield.jpg

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here with the crack. Got a windshield within 7 days from MAP and got it installed. Hang in there and it will come.

Ford Bronco Cracked Windshield Windshield
Mine was in the same spot. Safelite could not get the window. I had to go to the dealer - they got it in 8 days. $896.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May not be a silver bullet solution, but the hood deflector has seen positive feedback from some B6G members on reducing bugs and rocks hitting the windshield. I have one sitting in my garage, just waiting for my Bronco to arrive. Looks like it'll compliment the fender flares nicely too.

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 VW GTI & '21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm seeing a sasquatch pattern here. All of you guys on the stock "rock flinging" 35's? :-/

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

that sux sorry u now need to deal with this after such a wait

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With a near vertical windshield this will be a lifetime issue. My FJ had the same problem. I was very lucky for about three years. My luck ran out and I replaced 4 in the next two years.

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm seeing a sasquatch pattern here. All of you guys on the stock "rock flinging" 35's? :-/
I’m a non-sas and a rock got me too. after the sound it made I was waiting for the crack to appear but it didn’t. It’s a small chip that a friend that works at Safelite told me that he would leave alone for now. The alternative is to dig it out further so that it can be filled. I had every intention of doing the ceramic coating but I’m being told that it in my instance it may have made it worse due to how hard the coating makes it. Not sure what to believe there, but with the little rake these windshields have this is going to be one of the only cons that I’m coming up with as I sit at Chapman Horsham for my 10k service.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't really taken any rocks yet, but where I am is very common as sand/dirt is used through the winter.
I've had the windshield wrapped, supposedly it's worked well for a number of jeep owners that have had their done for a while

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
non-sas OBX here and I have a small chip already. It hasn't cracked yet but I'm sure it will. It's just a little chip right now.

I figured the vertical window is going to promote this behavior and then the fact that I live in phoenix and it's the rock chip capital of the world lol. I have 3 cars and all 3 of them have chips (no real actual cracks). Our window on the Macan was replaced due to a big crack and within 10 days it had 2 chips. My Cayman has had a fingernail/half moon chip/crack in it since about 2018 right after I got it. The bronco made it about 2 weeks lol

Thats just part of life living in the desert.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats! You now have an authentic Alaskan windshield!

But seriously. If you can catch the chip/impact in time before the crack runs, like immediately after it happens, you can prevent it. Use the 3M windshield repair kit, but until you get home to apply the kit, avoid the defroster propagating temperature changes blowing on the windshield, and hard bumps flexing the windshield.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May not be a silver bullet solution, but the hood deflector has seen positive feedback from some B6G members on reducing bugs and rocks hitting the windshield. I have one sitting in my garage, just waiting for my Bronco to arrive. Looks like it'll compliment the fender flares nicely too.
Have you seen any statistics/evidence that this will help? I'm thinking of getting this as it should protect the hood quite a bit, but I'm not sure how much it would help with the windshield. Not criticizing, I'm just curious.
Sponsored