BlankSpace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Covered Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m planning to install after-market crash bars on my Sas. Does anyone know the size of the bolt that comes from the factory? All of the after market kits I’ve seen come without bolts. Any info appreciated.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I’m looking at the correct bolts in the parts diagram, which I think I am, they are M12x85mm
W500748-S450B is the part number

OP
OP

BlankSpace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Covered Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I’m looking at the correct bolts in the parts diagram, which I think I am, they are M12x85mm
Thanks very much. My search of the Ford parts site wasn’t very enlightening. Is there an online parts diagram, for future projects?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks very much. My search of the Ford parts site wasn’t very enlightening. Is there an online parts diagram, for future projects?
I’m sure there is one online somewhere but I’m not sure where. I just happen to work at a dealer, so I have access to the Ford parts catalog.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can confirm, added the 4WheelParts high clearance bars, this part number was correct

Sponsored
OP
OP

BlankSpace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Covered Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can confirm, added the 4WheelParts high clearance bars, this part number was correct
I appreciate the confirmation.
Any tips on installation? Did you remove the wheels or was there enough room in between the tire and bars? I too have the Wildtrak with modular front number (which I hope I don’t have to remove).

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IIRC it's a finer thread too, which I thought was silly since it's in the mud. Might want to confirm thread pitch, there's 3 for M12.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am pretty sure my wildtrak actually came with the bolts minus the crash bars

Any tips on installation? Did you remove the wheels or was there enough room in between the tire and bars? I too have the Wildtrak with modular front number (which I hope I don’t have to remove).

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The rears go on quite easily if you have the steering cranked over to the opposite stop of the side you're installing. The fronts impinge on the front bumper juuuust enough to prevent their installation, but with the endcaps removed from the modular bumper I'd think you'd have tons of room. My fronts are still in the box, I forgot to install them when I had the bumper off to install my secondhand modular one, and I'm not in a rush to remove eleventy billion little T40 torx bolts again. Only reason I bought the bars in the first place was to preserve a barrier between the cabin and 100 lbs of rolling stock with the rear pair, so I've been happily kicking that can down the road a while.

Just a heads up, there was some mild threadlocker on the little placeholder bolt, for lack of a better term, that makes it quite a forearm workout without power tools. If you can fit up a socket on an impact driver to back it out, I'd highly recommend it.

Last edited:

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am pretty sure my wildtrak actually came with the bolts minus the crash bars
My 4/4/22 blend WT came with some variety of bolts, but they were far too short to engage both the top and bottom surfaces of the crash bar "socket," and only one bolt was present in each position:
Ford Bronco Crash Bar Bolt Size? 1674853454754

Edit: Just a heads up to @BlankSpace when you install the proper bolts, they go in from the top. If you can see, the two halves of the crash bar "socket" aren't welded, when you bolt through it is compressing the halves around the crash bar. Also why the crash bar kits come with bushings, you want to compress the frame socket closed but not displace the bar itself.

Last edited:
OP
OP

BlankSpace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Covered Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks all for the responses. Really appreciate the tips.

Mine also came with the stubby bolts affixed up through the bottom. and with the clearance, looks like I’ll be breaking out the torx soon.
Sponsored