Threads
Reaction score
Website
elev8offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend / Bronco Raptor on order
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
None of the bolts on the bronco will be SAE. So if 17mm doesn't fit, its an 18.
One member said he successfully used a 15mm (unconfirmed)
Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used a 15mm socket.
Y’all can all laugh at me now. When I went to take the front crash bars off I was trying to loosen the nuts that the crash bar bolts go into and for the life of me I could not get them to budge. Then I finally realized they are either welded or are just one piece with the junction joint. The bolts screw into them. 😬
So, yes, a 15mm socket worked great on the bolts.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Y’all can all laugh at me now. When I went to take the front crash bars off I was trying to loosen the nuts that the crash bar bolts go into and for the life of me I could not get them to budge. Then I finally realized they are either welded or are just one piece with the junction joint. The bolts screw into them. 😬
So, yes, a 15mm socket worked great on the bolts.
No ones laughing, probably a good assumption. I watched a bunch of videos before removing, and I knew they were really tight, and the bottom lock screw was welded. You only have to work on the top nut head.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Makes a cover and puts holes in it to advertise.

Lazer etch or sticker if you must so the original intent of the product can be fulfilled.

Color me disappointed.
Yea, sounds kinda counterintuitive not totally sealing cover.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ELev8

ELev8

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
elev8offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We understand the sentiment. Our covers were designed predominantly as a cosmetic upgrade to create a "FINISHED LOOK". We deliberately did not seal the crash bar end cap to provide weep holes and allow the the bar to breath. The bar that it covers is actually OPEN on the other side near the frame. So it can still collect water and some debris from the backside and leaving our end open seemed better for the long term exposure. But yes, we "shamelessly" took the opportunity to promote ELev8. ;)

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We could be mistaken. Please confirm if those are Crash Bar End Caps or End Caps AFTER you delete the crash bar extension for larger tires. ELev8 actually paid for mold tooling for a similar non delete end cap but by the time we were ready to release them China Manufactured product had already flooded the market via Amazon FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) so we withheld release. And there is NOTHING wrong with this solution being fulfilled from China. It is the type of product/solution that lends itself to off shore production and lower cost labor. But even if they are for deleted end cap covers, again, nothing wrong with an OFFSHORE solution. We are glad they worked for you.
Stopped by and checked my pile of bronco parts. You are correct. These are for the crash bar ends, not the deletes. So you have the only set of crash bar delete caps on the market.

OP
OP
ELev8

ELev8

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
elev8offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/for-sale-low-profile-crash-bars.40568/#post-1322668

Please consider installing low profile crash bars, instead of a cosmetic cover.
Mountain Bronco, yes, low profile crash bars do return some portion of the initial protection of the non deleted setup which makes them functionally different than our cosmetic offering. ELev8 is slightly risk adverse regarding producing this class of product. There may be an implied liability for adding anything that has NOT been crash tested and sold for the purpose of "crash protection". Of course we are just being overly cautious in a litigious world... :unsure:

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just received mine yesterday. I have not installed them yet but they look great.

Sponsored

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These look awesome! Just installed mine and look amazing and an easy install. Thanks @ELev8
Ford Bronco Crash bar delete covers now available from ELev8 Off Road CF029500-2115-4708-9DC3-299D6A36620B
Ford Bronco Crash bar delete covers now available from ELev8 Off Road 4363B0FC-D1D9-4774-AF52-07692D6EFC68
Ford Bronco Crash bar delete covers now available from ELev8 Off Road 265CC881-10A3-4C7E-A74A-9DD88A43ECB4

OP
OP
ELev8

ELev8

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
elev8offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
EruptionGreen7MT

Thank you for the shout out and pics.. Just the right touch to dress the beautiful green monster of yours!

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up a set of these at Super Celebration very nice quality, fit and looks. Nice people too.
Sponsored