Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is the articulation measurements? And how do they compare with the oem Rubicon?

One canā€™t articulate much if all you have is a 6-8 inch lip.
This is from Autoweek.

Ford says with the front bar disconnected two-door models to score an RTI of 700 on a 20-degree ramp. And four-door models are projected to score a lower RTI of 620. So, compared to the Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited which scored 693, a Broncoā€™s articulation is very close.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could be the 5 attachment points (at least) on the axle.

Ford Bronco Crawling Video & Pics: 2.7L and 2.3L Badlands Sasquatch Broncos E9226472-E3F5-49F6-8199-BC0EFF252293
That is standard Jeep setup with coil springs. 4 control arms and a Trac-bar to keep the axle from moving laterally (shooting out from under the vehicle.)

Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hmmm? It seems they tried that just before with the sway bar connected and then were impressed with how the front stayed on the ground after disconnecting the swaybar but why is the back lifting that high. I'm just thinking all the places my 68 Bronco has been in 50 plus years and that spot just doesn't seem gnarly to be worrying about tires getting off the ground. I hope they seriously tested the new Bronco against the old Bronco. I'd be more concerned about comparing to the best instead of the Jeep!

I noticed in the reveal videos that when they demo the disconnect, it appeared that the purposely only show the front half of the Bronco. I thought it might be because the rear don't have that much movement. Looking at the 2 door hanging a wheel on that little hump makes me think I may have been correct.

We ran Wheeler Lake today and I am watching my wife edit pictures. Kind or wondering if I really want to give up that kind of articulation. :/

Last edited:

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Deleted member 3063

I don't think so either.

But now look close at the two lower control arms and tell me if the front sway bar is disconnected.
They are almost parallel. Something is holding that tire up.

Sponsored

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, not super impressed with that video and the hang time that rear wheel was getting.

I had a Jeep with a 2.5" lift and 31's with the rear sway bar removed and the fronts always disconnected (I was lazy and young!) that I'm pretty sure would have made that obstacle with minimal wheel lift, if any.

Agreed - video can be deceiving, but if that was supposed to be impressive, it didn't really accomplish that.

I'm wondering if this is a case of bigger tires aren't always better if you can't flex to the max with them?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think so either.

But now look close at the two lower control arms and tell me if the front sway bar is disconnected.
They are almost parallel. Something is holding that tire up.
I would agree & hope that is not disco'd because that would mean more drop available instead of really lousy acticulation. There is a video around here somewhere that shows the disconnecting the sway bar under load & it doesn't look that bad. They still float the driver front but just not as bad. I think that this example could be better.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not usually doom and gloom but this is a buzzkill for sure. Looks to have the up-travel and droop of an average pickup truck. If I wanted 3 wheel motion Iā€™d put hydros on an impala. That being said, Iā€™m still excited. Just happy I plan for this to be more of an adventure rig than anything hardcore.

Last edited:

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think some have seen too many 4x4 Off-road posed pictures and are expecting above from the factory. That video..... meh. Hard to tell the height of the berm and angles etc. unsure of specs on the vehicle.

Letā€™s call this a PSA: Ford is building a trail capable vehicle off the line. That has been proven. Theyā€™re providing the lockers, the disconnect on some packages, and bigger tires, but to get on top of things (that if youā€™re trying to complete a trail you would just drive around IJS) like above, you will have to modify your own vehicle. ?? Things will break and then you fix them with something stronger. Thatā€™s part of the fun! ??
Sponsored