First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2019 GMC AT4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No my point was I believe JLs can clear 35s stock I believe. Though I never check because anything I get immediately gets a lift of 2.5 or better. And comparing that blue or white (also JK) to the Bronco video is funny. But are making me laugh. I just can't wait for some more video of the Bronco offroading as I'm sure we all are. I know perspectives can be all out of whack on hills etc.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No my point was I believe JLs can clear 35s stock I believe. Though I never check because anything I get immediately gets a lift of 2.5 or better. And comparing that blue or white (also JK) to the Bronco video is funny. But are making me laugh. I just can't wait for some more video of the Bronco offroading as I'm sure we all are. I know perspectives can be all out of whack on hills etc.
I understand where you are coming from. But I wouldn't let the video get in your head too much at this point. It's only a 13 second video. And for all we know the driver purposely took an incorrect line to demonstrate how lockers or some other stock feature can get you out of a jam or something along those lines. As I posted earlier in this thread, the driver and video taker were clearly impressed with what it did, wheel up and all.

Sponsored

Rednecker

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah it'll take a lot for me not to get my reserved Bronco. I think they killed the design it just looks awesome. And the stance is so nice on them. You know that feeling of when they say the car is in motion just sitting there... The new Bronco has the equivalent of whatever that is for me just sitting there. Looking forward to putting it to its limits as soon as I can and seeing what awesome stuff the aftermarket brings. Endless fun of modding and wheeling and repairing. And thanks all for cheering me up. Great forum.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not sure what he is laughing about. That's not that impressive really. I mean that is a lot of wheels in the air.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure what he is laughing about. That's not that impressive really. I mean that is a lot of wheels in the air.
Not sure either. But something got his attention in a good way.

Rednecker

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was laughing first at the jeep tires rubbing on fenders (with 20" dubs lol they had no business in the woods, to each thier own.) and just overall found the video enlightening after seeing the Bronco crawl video and no rubbing. I guess its been so long I forgot besides the the ugliness/bulkiness of the faded black flares how horrible they are when articulating and how easily they rip off on trails. And the second video I laughed at because now we are comparing actually climbing something vs crawling over what looks like a small washout. (Though I'm guessing as stated perspectives are probably just off.) In either case I found it comical which is exactly what I needed after watching what felt like 6" of flex in wheel travel on the Bronco in both 4 door video and 2 door picture. I guess it's been so long since I've watched factory rigs my expectations/assumptions were just way higher in the amount of travel that would be there. Now all I can think of is I can't wait to see some side by side wheeling to figure out what mods I need to keep up with a modded jeep with say 2.5 to 4" of lift and 35s and disconnected sway bars which is basically everyone around me.

Last edited:

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was laughing first at the jeep tires rubbing on fenders and just overall found the video enlightening after seeing the Bronco crawl video and no rubbing. I guess its been so long I forgot besides the the ugliness of the faded black flares how horrible they are when articulating. And the second video I laughed at because now we are comparing actually climbing something vs crawling over what looks a small washout. (Though I'm guessing as stated perspectives are probably just off.) In either case I found it comical which is exactly what I needed after watching what initally felt like was 6" of flex in front wheel travel on the Bronco. I guess it's been so long since I've watched factory rigs my expectations/assumptions were just way higher in the amount of travel that would be there. Now all I can think of is I can't wait to see some side by side wheeling to figure out what mods I need to keep up with a modded jeep with say 2.5 to 4" of lift and 35s and disconnected sway bars which is basically everyone around me.
I'm really looking fwd to some h2h comparisons too. Both stock vs stock and modified.

Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure either. But something got his attention in a good way.
Laughing isn't always a good thing certain people laugh when nervous or He could also have been laughing to sympathize with the driver who had just overcome an obstacle with less than all 4 wheels. Kinda like laughing at the difficult situation

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Laughing isn't always a good thing certain people laugh when nervous or He could also have been laughing to sympathize with the driver who had just overcome an obstacle with less than all 4 wheels. Kinda like laughing at the difficult situation
I've heard that laugh out of grown men all my life, and it sounds neither nervous or sympathetic imho.

My point as previously posted in this thread is that due to only 13 seconds of video, we don't know if it was a difficult situation because the vehicle simply couldn't perform, or if it was a difficult situation purposely induced by the driver in order to prove that the vehicle can perform in difficult situations, i.e. when you take a bad line, the front and rear lockers will help you out.

When it comes to offroading, I'm a beginner so the video encourages me in that if I go 3 wheelin' instead of 4 wheelin', that the features on the vehicle can cover my errors to an extent.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct.

620 for the 4-door
700 for the 2-door
The difference being that you can inexpensively increase the SFA to an even larger lead, and will spend a fortune trying to catch up with the Bronco.

Rednecker

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The difference being that you can inexpensively increase the SFA to an even larger lead, and will spend a fortune trying to catch up with the Bronco.
So not sure if I am reading this correctly, so correct me if I'm wrong... You're saying a Single Front Axle can further extend articulation inexpensively vs the Independent Front Suspension which is going to cost a fortune to try to accomplish those same levels of articulation? I suspect that, but have zero experience with IFS.

I'm also hoping this will make the coil over market come way down in price... Benefit of competition.
Sponsored