First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So not sure if I am reading this correctly, so correct me if I'm wrong... You're saying a Single Front Axle can further extend articulation inexpensively vs the Independent Front Suspension which is going to cost a fortune to try to accomplish those same levels of articulation? I suspect that, but have zero experience with IFS.

I'm also hoping this will make the coil over market come way down in price... Benefit of competition.
Basically. The only way to get more travel out of an IFS than what Ford has done is longer arms basically. The flex of the badlands is very impressive for an IFS vehicle, but getting it to flex more is going to be a challenge.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Basically. The only way to get more travel out of an IFS than what Ford has done is longer arms basically. The flex of the badlands is very impressive for an IFS vehicle, but getting it to flex more is going to be a challenge.
I'm looking forward to seeing the new Bronco on some common well known trails. That will give a better idea on how the Bronco performs as a package, and how it compares to other vehicles that have navigated those same trails.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought SFA never lifted a tire? ??

thanks for posting! Helps put things in perspective.

as long as it can pass the obstacle safely with the tools it has its fine by me
This is what happens when you take your angry eyed urban assault vehicle with oversized tires off road. Probably isn’t even a rubicon suspension.
It would have lifted earlier if it was oem 32.
129271EB-D8B4-4B46-A4FB-4D6D3AD0D02A.jpeg
That doesn’t look like the disconnect is disconnected FWIW.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crawling? Looks like flat fire roads that a focus could climb.
Saw this and I KNEW Stampede.Offroad would like it LOL! (cant be pleased my man) at first glance it looks flat, but that's a pretty significant step up.

Badlands is the apples to apples for Rubicon. RTI is published, and its almost as good as Wrangler, meaning if the Bronco lifted a tire here, the Wrangler likely would have too, and if it didn't, without a locker its "traction" would be worth zilch...

With Sasquatch applied (pictured here) its a cut above in almost every way baring the slightly (very slightly) reduced jounce travel.

Last edited:

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw this and I KNEW Stampede.Offroad would like it LOL! (cant be pleased my man) at first glance it looks flat, but that's a pretty significant step up.

Badlands is the apples to apples for Rubicon. RTI is published, and its almost as good as Wrangler, meaning if the Bronco lifted a tire here, the Wrangler likely would have too, and if it didn't, without a locker its "traction" would be worth zilch...

With Sasquatch applied (pictured here) its a cut above in almost every way baring the slightly (very slightly) reduced jounce travel.
I never meant to say the badlands is not worthy. Just saying that 6-8 inch step on a fire trail is not a big deal. The bandlands can handle much worse.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enlighten me. I've been under it.
You guys are trying too hard with your game of gotcha, and ignoring what I actually said that started this. :rolleyes:

Having only the front removed or deactivated should have relatively minor impact if you're not trying to make a lot of crazy high speed maneuvers. Disabling front and rear sway control will make it flop around dangerously.
It's so simple, and been part of most vehicles for so long that your'e ignoring what the sway control is. They're even on doors now too.

Take the struts or shocks off your vehicle and get back to us ... did it sway around dangerously? Want to take an old "lumber wagon" with nothing but springs around a race course with a bunch of curves at high speed?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys are trying too hard with your game of gotcha, and ignoring what I actually said that started this. :rolleyes:

It's so simple, and been part of most vehicles for so long that your'e ignoring what the sway control is. They're even on doors now too.

Take the struts or shocks off your vehicle and get back to us ... did it sway around dangerously? Want to take an old "lumber wagon" with nothing but springs around a race course with a bunch of curves at high speed?
I have enough respect for you to know you know a sway bar is not the same as damping, smart/variable or otherwise. Though the arrangement is not ideal for street racing, its actually well optimized that the Bronco has no rear sway bar, instead having a slightly stiffer front sway bar offering a similar net roll rate in most dynamic situations. Then only one sway bar disconnect is needed to get the minimum roll rate possible.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ... know a sway bar is not the same as damping ... the Bronco has no rear sway bar, instead having a slightly stiffer front sway bar offering a similar net roll rate in most dynamic situations. Then only one sway bar disconnect is needed to get the minimum roll rate possible.
Most solid axle vehicles purposely have stiffer rear suspension, which serves the role of sway control. Even with the front disconnected on a Wrangler (and probably a Bronco), the rear will not articulate as well because those springs and shocks are designed to fulfill multiple purposes.

Compare them to IRS or dedicated off roaders that have very compliant shocks and springs all around which are incapable of sufficient sway control, and it becomes necessary to add in a dedicated part for that role.

It's a system. The "sway bar" might carry the name and get the recognition, but it is not the only part serving that purpose.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What would be limiting the articulation in the rear? It has a solid axle back there and I think there's also no rear stabilizer. Shock travel?
Something to be said for your basic leaf springs I guess. Seems like less rear axle articulation than a bone stock 79 on 32's.

79broncramp1.jpg

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Guys, It make no difference, how high the wheels are off the ground... when you got locking diffs..
thats what they do. keep you pulling thru.
You mean if you don't care about side to side (or corner to corner) stability and you have good enough traction on that corner to not need any on the opposite side.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a system. The "sway bar" might carry the name and get the recognition, but it is not the only part serving that purpose.
I agree its a system, but the sway bar is still very different. Mainly in that it can increase the roll rate without changing the main spring rate. Meaning you can get away with softer main springs. In the case of the Bronco I don't think they increased the rear spring rate, rather they increased the front roll rate (via the sway bar) to compensate. Not ideal for a race car but a better solution for an off roader, especially when a disconnect is added. If the Bronco simply increased the rear spring rate then they may as well have just gone for king of the tow ratings but they didn't.

And for others comparing the articulation in the video to other images. Its not a great video, both in visual quality and natural contrast but you seriously don't have to look that hard or long to see that that relief is easily a couple feet or more. Just because its smooth doesn't mean its not twisty.
Sponsored