Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm going with the 2.7L and this will be my first turbo engine. I've read the benefits of this engine's PI and DI versus just DI and I've read the various opinions on catch cans for this particular engine.

For the last 20+ years I've only used premium gas from top tier suppliers and full synthetic oil along with synthetic fiber, premium oil filters. I'll continue this practice with the 2.7L.

All that being said, what are your opinions on the use of fuel injector cleaners and/or intake valve and turbo cleaners? I haven't used these type products in the past and my aggressively run engines never missed a beat, but again, this is my first experience with a turbo and specifically, the Ford 2.7L.

Appreciate the help!
Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have not owned a Ford in ages, so no clue there. With my current car, the manual says no additives.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Using premium octane gas when it's not required by the manufacturer is a waste of money. The added octane does nothing for the engine. It will just burn it with no added performance.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Using premium octane gas when it's not required by the manufacturer is a waste of money. The added octane does nothing for the engine. It will just burn it with no added performance.
Not true on forced induction engines. The performance number given by Ford are with premium fuel. They will run fine on lower octane but at reduced performance.

None of the "cleaner in can" do anything.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs