Sponsored

Cross country destinations; Hot Springs in the wild of USA/Canada bonus if I can 4X4 to them

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm looking for new cross country destinations to travel and camp around in my new BL/BD. I will be leaving from South Carolina, but the destination can be thousands of miles away. We love the outdoors and seeing new places. I've done one cross country trip to Wyoming and one to Colorado. If you have a gem you don't mind sharing, I would love to hear about them. Bonus points for being able to go down a dirt road in the back country by a trout stream, a hot spring, or something somewhere that I will remember even when I have dementia. I'll even trade my favorite locations.
Ford Bronco Cross country destinations; Hot Springs in the wild of USA/Canada bonus if I can 4X4 to them IMG_2650

My favorite I have found is Radium Hot Springs in Colorado along the Colorado River. Its a scenic dirt road drive up the mountain for miles to get to the trail. Incredible views. I was in a car so I parked at the camp and parking area. You then hike up a short (100yards) but challenging hill and from there you're on a plateau that easy walking all the way to the Colorado River. You arrive to the most incredible view overlooking the river to set up camp. You then can walk down steps carved out of rock to the edge of the river where people have taken the rocks and made a hot tub. My only regret was not putting a fishing pole in my hand while I sat in the hot tub. This cant be the only place on earth like this. Someone give me another incredible memory. My wife is all about new places. Also stop by the Platte River in Deckers, CO incredible views with trout dreams to be made. Wife did catch the largest, but i caught the most.. Damn her ;)
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

check out wonderhussy's youtube channel. most of her videos are about getting to hot springs out west (california, oregon, nevada, montana, idaho) via her 4x4 vehicle.

GEP

Badlands
First Name
Glynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here in Canada you can check out Liard Hot Springs, Whiteswan Hot Springs, there's a ton through the Rockies here.

OP
OP
CarolinaOverlander
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
check out wonderhussy's youtube channel. most of her videos are about getting to hot springs out west (california, oregon, nevada, montana, idaho) via her 4x4 vehicle.
Thanks for the lead!

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll save you the trouble in Colorado. I've been to all 47 of them and other than Radium, they're all commercial now or, like Radium, they require a hike (or boat). Well, except for one other one, a drive-up just off the highway on 133. So no 4x4 trails. Hot springs are pretty popular here and most of them have been bought up.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anywhere up or down Lake Michigan on the Western side of Michigan is fantastic. No salt, fresh water that ends is large sand dunes. From the land side, there are tons of forests that come up close to the dunes. I will say the water level has been rising over the last couple of years, so the beaches are getting narrower.

My favorites include Saugatuck (Oval Beach), Sleep Bear Dunes, and the hilly cherry farm covered peninsulas near Traverse City with lighthouses at the end. Of course there is a ton of exploring to do in the UP and then into Wisconsin.

Dreaming of a rooftop camper that clears the dunes at a campsite, looking out to an empty beach sunset.

Sponsored

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll save you the trouble in Colorado. I've been to all 47 of them and other than Radium, they're all commercial now or, like Radium, they require a hike (or boat). Well, except for one other one, a drive-up just off the highway on 133. So no 4x4 trails. Hot springs are pretty popular here and most of them have been bought up.
I was just about to suggest he should contact sjp! My favs are the clothing optional ones. Not just because of the “heehee’s” but they are less commercial.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Being in SC, you aren’t far from the Trans America Trail east coast terminus. That could be one hell of a ride cross country.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lussier Hotsprings in the East Kootenays are a good visit and a decent drive in on a logging road.

I won't blow up many other spots. But if you actually find your in Alberta or British Columbia let me know.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would be awesome, but i thought it was a motorcycle thing..
It’s for everything. Do some research( Google and YouTube have plenty of info on it). It’s actually inspired me to put something together on a smaller scale in state (Michigan). I would love to be able to do the TAT, but finding the time for it is near impossible for me.
Sponsored