First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2001 Porsche Boxster S with a 6-Speed. I love the cruise control on this thing. Idk what it is about new vehicles but they tend to lose speed on curves or going up the mountains while on cruise control. Meanwhile my speedo stays where i set it until i turn it off or die. Not sure if that's concerning or awesome :ROFLMAO:
I've noticed the same thing on corners, and I don't know exactly what is going on but I'm glad I'm not the only one who experienced it
Sponsored

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My 6 speed manual JK's cruse control works perfectly as long as I turn off traction control. Bumps to end to cancel it if I dont.

Aggro

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've noticed the same thing on corners, and I don't know exactly what is going on but I'm glad I'm not the only one who experienced it
Yeah, it's probably a safety feature so people aren't flying off canyon ridges at 85mph LOL. My fiancee's 2013 Jetta does the same thing, it's kind of frustrating to be honest.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1995....Had an 89 Firebird, 6 cyl, 5 speed ..... going up a steep hill outside of Yuma , Arizona, almost back to Base (home) .... car was dropping speed FAST because I had not downshifted because I was zoned out , it was starting to lug and that startled me from being spaced out...I hurried up and down shifted ..... dropping the clutch open on a fully loaded motor on an old cruise system holding it pinned WFO ... is not a good idea.

Motor about jumped from under the hood it revved so freaking fast, I dropped the clutch as fast as I could to try to catch the RPM's....too late, still running , but i had lost about 15 or 20 oil psi.

Motor was quiet until I pulled off the exit ramp and it idled down ....BAMBAMBAMBAMBAM ....HAMMERING LIKE HELL.

Later, the tear down revealed three spun connecting rod and main bearings.
Also revealed it must have been a re-man motor, as the Con rods had been stamped already...I had like, three #2 rods and caps ...out of six ...LOL.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any car will rev up if you clutch in with cruise on. There's no way for it to sense your pedal pressure and react before the clutch slips.

That's what the cancel and resume buttons are for.

Sponsored

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2014 Civic SI 6 speed manual. I can upshift or downshift with the cruise on and it will rev match pretty well. Pushing the clutch all the way to the floor does not cancel the cruise like it does in many other vehicles. It's nice.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2017 VW GTI manual and the cruise control works perfectly. I'm sure it will work very well on the Bronco too.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any car will rev up if you clutch in with cruise on. There's no way for it to sense your pedal pressure and react before the clutch slips.

That's what the cancel and resume buttons are for.
I think some cars handle it more gracefully than others
My car doesn't have a throttle butterfly, it's all handled by the variable valves so there's quite a lot of tech going on that isn't on mass market vehicles. They started doing that in 2001.

My car gets off the gas so fast if you clutch it's hard to notice a rev increase unless you are looking for it

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I actually just specifically checked for any rev increase when in cruise and you clutch in. There was zero rev increase, no sound to indicate that the refs increased and somehow the tach was programmed not to show it.

I certainly understand why the rev increase would happen on a more basic cruise control system, but it doesn't have to be like that if the manufacturer doesn't want it to act like that.

I'm not in some snooty fancy BMW either, things like 10 years old and only cost about 35k brand new

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 92 ranger had 5sd and cruise. On the highway I never felt a need to use the clutch I would just give it a few more RPMs to allow disengagement and once in neutral the cruise rpm increase would give me enough to grab 4th, if not I would provide the rpms myself. Generally all quick and seemless. Also always did this on the 6 speed freightliner I used to drive. However I would use the clutch to disengage it but often didnt need to keep it out to get into a lower gear.

Sponsored

Edprem

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess that's my question: how does it handle the downshift?, Over Rev? Completely shuts down cruise? Leaves cruise engaged in new gear?
It’s as if you hit the brake and stopped cruise. But you will do that before you downshift anyway.

Edprem

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Porsche Boxster S and a BMW 330Ci both with manual and cruise control. That’s the way to go.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If only there was a transmission that could do these things automatically. ?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
'17 RS. Cruise works perfectly fine. I've never noticed any rpm increase. The car has a clutch pedal sensor that's tripped the moment you start to press the clutch.

My bike has cruise too but... that's a different animal. Still works great.

ThePayola

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Audi TT 225 Quattro, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have two older German cars - a 2001 Audi and a 2003 BMW - both of which have manual transmissions and cruise control. It works great in both. Just shift up to whatever gear you plan to stay in for awhile and set it.
Sponsored