First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Man move it to a dealer on the mainland and have them ship it. That's what I did with my RS. When all the dealers in Alaska wanted 10k over sticker I bought one over the phone from a dealer out of Washington and they drove it to the port for me. I paid $1700 to ship it obviously but I'd rather pay that than give a dealer over msrp.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Broncola

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having a reservation is supposed to guarantee you not paying over msrp, call ford and complain!
Does it? I'll have to check into this.

OP
OP
Broncola

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also don't understand how they can make you get the Resistall protection (for paint and rust).

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Contact Pasha, they have roll on roll off service from the mainland to Hawaii (various locations). I just checked, and San Diego to Honolulu costs $1450 (no container necessary). If you happen to be military there is an additional discount.

You can sign up with one of the clubs that qualify you for an X-Plan, buy here in San Diego (or anywhere else) with one of the dealers who are honoring the X-Plan and pay for the costs of shipping with your savings :)

I used to ship my Toyota Truck inter-island to hunt for about $250, but that was some time ago. There isn't much inter-island traffic and the rates are usually pretty reasonable, they often have open spots. So if you can find one on another island, that could be an option too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncola

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Contact Pasha, they have roll on roll off service from the mainland to Hawaii (various locations). I just checked, and San Diego to Honolulu costs $1450 (no container necessary). If you happen to be military there is an additional discount.

You can sign up with one of the clubs that qualify you for an X-Plan, buy here in San Diego (or anywhere else) with one of the dealers who are honoring the X-Plan and pay for the costs of shipping :)

I used to ship my Toyota Truck inter-island to hunt for about $250, but that was some time ago. There isn't much inter-island traffic and the rates are usually pretty reasonable, they often have open spots.
What are the San Diego dealers honoring X-Plan? I'd do that.

Sponsored

BeastMode666

Big Bend
First Name
Chels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jeep patriot sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you find a legit mainland dealer, lmk

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I drove to all the dealers on the island today. I had checked previously with my dealer and was told it was too early to know what they were doing with pricing. I guess I should have known then that was a bad sign. I just assumed MSRP, and no chance of anything less.

So my reservation dealer wants $5995 over MSRP. I was shocked! I think it included ADM and some $2000 Resistall protection package which they said was required. Three dealerships on the island and all had similar ADM. I got one place to say I would just have to pay for the Resistall, but when I tried to get that guaranteed, they said they misspoke and meant that would be their "deal" for the second round allocation of broncos.

I want a bronco so bad, but I just don't think I can do it. It goes against my core code. Is this really the end for me for few more years?

Bummed. Time for a beer.
??
About a year and a half ago I was looking at buying a car that was in Hawaii. It was going to cost about $1500 to ship it across to LA. Maybe you can find a west coast dealer that you could pick up from and then ship it across. Less than the markups you're being quoted.

OP
OP
Broncola

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

About a year and a half ago I was looking at buying a car that was in Hawaii. It was going to cost about $1500 to ship it across to LA. Maybe you can find a west coast dealer that you could pick up from and then ship it across. Less than the markups you're being quoted.
That's the new plan as of now. I'd rather pay a shipper money to provide a service than give a dealer extra money for doing nothing.

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the new plan as of now. I'd rather pay a shipper money to provide a service than give a dealer extra money for doing nothing.
(y)
If you can find a few more Island dwellers looking for a Bronco maybe you can work some deals; buying and shipping.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get that thing to fit in a shipping container, and it should not cost much. More details for an Australian shipment:

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go to CA
get kick ass bronco
offroad like a mother in the west
get first class boat ride home with a big piece of luggage
get back home
piss in salesdude’s coffee

ballin’

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Haha did you read his post? He lives in Hawaii
It costs about $1,500 to ship a car to Hawaii... The dealers are demanding $5K ADM, and the OP expected to pay MSRP. Buy it from granger under invoice and probably come out even with msrp and way ahead of local dealer prices with ADM.
Sponsored