Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whats a stock Rubicon score? Or a stock Rubicon w/xtreme recon pkg? Just curious.

Edit: Just saw on the metalcloak page 540 for a stock JK Unlimited
The Bronco is actually exceptionally good stock. Right on par with Wrangler. But no-one argues that its easier/cheaper to get big flex out of the Wrangler in the aftermarket. Wouldn't be as bad if IFS aftermarket was more flex focused.
Sponsored

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its surprising to me that none of the tested configs are outperforming the Raptor, I am guessing that these kits were developed before the Raptor was out and available to reference how they are doing it. Perhaps that are parts of the raptor geometry that are prohibitively expensive/invasive on the non Raptors.

I was waiting for the Teraflex Bronco Suspension, they had it on their site and pulled it down. There CS chat said they have decided to not offer Bronco suspension.

I’ve never encountered an RTI ramp on a trail
True, the question is how often on the trails an obstacle stuffs the front right and back left wheel (or the opposite). I find that I encounter these often, where there are diagonal ditches/berms. This also happens when one wheel goes up onto a rock or obstacle. I'm sure its different for everyone depending on the style of trails they run, for me its the most relevant metric. Here is a video of me getting into that situation on Memorial weekend. Stock badlands suspension, Icon rebound pros +25mm offset, Nitto ridge Grapplers.

Last edited:

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Its surprising to me that none of the tested configs are outperforming the Raptor, I am guessing that these kits were developed before the Raptor was out and available to reference how they are doing it. Perhaps that are parts of the raptor geometry that are prohibitively expensive/invasive on the non Raptors.

I was waiting for the Teraflex Bronco Suspension, they had it on their site and pulled it down. There CS chat said they have decided to not offer Bronco suspension.

True, the question is how often on the trails an obstacle stuffs the front right and back left wheel (or the opposite). I find that I encounter these often, where there are diagonal ditches/berms. This also happens when one wheel goes up onto a rock or obstacle. I'm sure its different for everyone depending on the style of trails they run, for me its the most relevant metric. Here is a video of me getting into that situation on Memorial weekend. Stock badlands suspension, Icon rebound pros +25mm offset, Nitto ridge Grapplers.

Putting tires in the air on the trail is where you really start running the risk of breaking things. Trying to keep all four in contact with Terra firma is the goal. For the bronco the suspension geometry looks like it will need to be re worked to increase the articulation. Keeping the CG low and getting a longer shock in to increase the droop might require a lot of work ($). But Loren Healy was able to do it so we should too🤷🏻‍♂️

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Raptors have totally different architecture, taller coil buckets, longer coil overs, ect. A bronco even with upgraded suspension would never be able to flex like a Raptor.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whats a stock Rubicon score? Or a stock Rubicon w/xtreme recon pkg? Just curious.

Edit: Just saw on the metalcloak page 540 for a stock JK Unlimited
Box stock JL Rubicon on 33’s is 640.

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It doesn't help that the past 20 years of IFS aftermarket was Toyota guys saying "please for the love of God let me fit 33's/35's I dont care what my travel/flex is!"
Hey!!! I resemble that remark. Don’t forget the body mount chop to fit those 33’s.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Simple physics. The only way to meet or beat travel is use the same or longer LCAs on the Raptor. There are long travel setups already in use that probably do beat those numbers, although some are just getting the Raptor LCAs and CV axles. Replacing coilovers allow for more compression or extension, but are still limited by the geometry of the stock suspension. The only way to beat it is to change it.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about the rear brake lines? What kit is available to get some slack in them so they don't turn into guitar strings at full flex?

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What about the rear brake lines? What kit is available to get some slack in them so they don't turn into guitar strings at full flex?
Icon sells a kit that can be purchased separately as does RC. Personally I looked at my brake lines in stock location and am not worried about them at all.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Icon sells a kit that can be purchased separately as does RC. Personally I looked at my brake lines in stock location and am not worried about them at all.

Mine were definitely too tight just being jacked up in the garage. Pretty sure I would have popped a line on the trail. I used the RC bracket and gained a lot more range.

Ford Bronco CTI score flex comparison between Sasquatch, Raptor, Icon, Radflo, King suspension IMG_2907

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Such low numbers... My 4dr JKU went 780 with a very simple Teraflex and Mopar frankenlift.

Just expect to wheel with a tire in the air all the time with a Bronco. It is what it is.
I think most of us that came from Jeep can confidently say while wrangler wins in articulation bronco wins in every other type of off-road and on road situation. It is what it is.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sweet, looks like you guys are getting better front tire stuff. I need to run my Bronco again without a front sway bar.

@SS Bronco 4wp coilovers are pretty impressive with 560 but he is slightly modified.
What do you know about the 4wp Coilovers? Ive been looking at them, not much data or reports. You have? UCS as well?

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4dr Bronco on 37’s at 15 psi and all disconnected up front. No rear sway bar.

Icon: 540
Radflo: 530
King: 520
Bronco Raptor: 590

Stock Badlands Sasquatch is 480
for comparison.

Each 10 points is equivalent to .25”
Icon provided their measurements when they introduced their product. Link to their post and updated grid below.

MakeF CompressedF ExtendedF TravelR CompressedR ExtendedR Travel
Sas Bilstein
17.0625​
23.3125​
6.2500​
18.6250​
26.1250​
7.5000​
ADS
18.0000​
24.6440​
6.6440​
17.7190​
27.7230​
10.0040​
King
18.5000​
24.6000​
6.1000​
18.5000​
27.0000​
8.5000​
Fox
18.7900​
24.2600​
5.4700​
19.2400​
27.2100​
7.9700​
Eibach 2.0
17.7700​
24.2000​
6.4300​
0.0000​
Icon
17.6000​
24.5300​
6.9300​
18.3600​
28.9000​
10.5400​

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love my Bronco. But it has crap for flex. Doesn't seem to stop it though.
I will try it without the sway bars next time, but it will never match the TJ I traded in to have it.

Ford Bronco CTI score flex comparison between Sasquatch, Raptor, Icon, Radflo, King suspension IMG_4286
Ford Bronco CTI score flex comparison between Sasquatch, Raptor, Icon, Radflo, King suspension IMG_0095

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What springs were on the Radflos? 650lb/in?
Sponsored