Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Crate 2.8l
161 hp
310lb-ft

yeah may not be the highest torque engine available. But low rpms?........

pair one of these with the crawler gear in the manual trans, 4.70' with the non squatch badlands........
would probably be the best crawling, most reliable option.

Whew, cant wait to see one of these engine swaps in the future. Gives me the fizz.
Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Crate 2.8l
161 hp
310lb-ft

yeah may not be the highest torque engine available. But low rpms?........

pair one of these with the crawler gear in the manual trans, 4.70' with the non squatch badlands........
would probably be the best crawling, most reliable option.

Whew, cant wait to see one of these engine swaps in the future. Gives me the fizz.
If it makes you happy, you do you, but I'm not sure I see the point to this one.

You're giving up 109 hp to get the same peak torque as the 2.3L EcoBoost that the Bronco already comes with.

Granted, you're hitting that peak torque at 1800 RPM instead of 3000 RPM, so maybe that's something, but that's a lot of horsepower to give up to get that.

OP
OP

kmonares

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it makes you happy, you do you, but I'm not sure I see the point to this one.

You're giving up 109 hp to get the same peak torque as the 2.3L EcoBoost that the Bronco already comes with.

Granted, you're hitting that peak torque at 1800 RPM instead of 3000 RPM, so maybe that's something, but that's a lot of horsepower to give up to get that.
i like the idea of peak torque down low. im ok with loosing some HP, yeah its a big loss unfortunately.

having that Cummins "C" right next to the model badge on the fender. Having that Cummins rumble, More importantly having that Cummins reliability and fuel mileage. maybe i just cant get excited with an ECOboost.

dammit, i cant make that argument, i have an ECOdiesel sitting in my driveway.
disregard hahahaha

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder how much the swap would cost, and what kind of gains can be had with modding and dpf/def/etc deletes?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
After looking at videos about maintaining diesels nowadays, I have zero interest. There’s just too much sensors and crap involved with EPA laws. I don’t know if it’s always been that way or not though.

I also believe in the ecoboost. I drove plenty of them in the desert of West Texas and New Mexico for work. They’re potent. Additionally, a lot of our company trucks had 100k+ miles on them and hundreds of idle time hours with minimal issues. They were also used for towing 3000, 5000, 7000 lbs of valves and piping so they were by no means babied.

If anyone here hasn’t driven an ecoboost, go test drive one for fun. Floor it at 50 mph, and it’ll still put you in the back of your seat. If you still aren’t convinced, then yea that future diesel might be the way to go (fingers crossed for ya).

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder how much the swap would cost, and what kind of gains can be had with modding and dpf/def/etc deletes?
It's gettin harder to find deletes, if you can find anyone willing to sell them.
Sponsored