Sponsored

Curious, anyone out there besides me with a Golden Ticket and no build date?

Green Giant

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just curious, I know this doesn’t represent all of them out there. But just curious.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealer had like 8 or 9 golden tickets. Only 2 were delivered in 2022. Mine is the 3rd allocation has shipped. That leaves quite a few left out in the cold....

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have you confirmed with Ford that your dealer has an allocation? Have they scheduled any Raptors yet? My understanding of how things work with Raptor is that the mothership asks the dealer for a build and the dealer picks one and sends it to FMC.

I‘m worried that your dealership isn’t being honest with you. I always thought I would be the last GT scheduled but tomorrow is my Blend Date.

OP
OP

Green Giant

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Small dealer, he had 4 allocations, 1 delivered last year and at least one this year. I emailed him and he said ‘I have to imagine yours will be next’.

I moved to him as he promised MSRP, and it’s written up that way. So that piece I trust.

But as to why he would want the allocation and then not want to order it would be beyond me. He’s a smaller, and newer dealer. He doesn’t have much of anything on his lot.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sounds like that’s your answer right there. I’m at Granger who isnt so small anymore and with a Day 1 reservation was first scheduled in mid-November with an original January build.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Green Giant

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, it’s just kind of bullshit how Ford handled all of this. I’m still just irate that non-ticket holders and dealers were allocated any units before reservation holders. No one had much of a clue about any of this, particularly when picking or moving to a dealer.

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Small dealer, he had 4 allocations, 1 delivered last year and at least one this year. I emailed him and he said ‘I have to imagine yours will be next’.

I moved to him as he promised MSRP, and it’s written up that way. So that piece I trust.

But as to why he would want the allocation and then not want to order it would be beyond me. He’s a smaller, and newer dealer. He doesn’t have much of anything on his lot.
I am not surprised you, and many others are still waiting. Mine was from a small dealer. Like your dealer, they also had four golden ticket holders out of sixty odd early folks still waiting on orders. I was their only Raptor in 22 and they didn’t know when they’d be able to get the other three, and weren’t expecting to be able to fill all the orders this year.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, it’s just kind of bullshit how Ford handled all of this. I’m still just irate that non-ticket holders and dealers were allocated any units before reservation holders. No one had much of a clue about any of this, particularly when picking or moving to a dealer.
Yup totally on the dealers who were the ones who decided who got selected for scheduling. Dealer only had 2 get pulled for all of 22 and I wasnt one of them even though I was a GT and should of been the first one. It took until 23 opened up that I got the lucky lotto draw early only because I did my re-order ASAP since Ford pulled right away.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Small dealer with 2 allocations, #1 on their allocation for one and have seen nada nada poopoo. Converted from a Wildtrack that likely never would have shown up. I ordered when I was 72 and now I'm 75 and hoping I can still drive when and if it gets built.

Sponsored

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am still amazed that there are GT holders out there with no build date.

OP
OP

Green Giant

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well.. at least it's not just me.

Does suck though.

I truly don't think it's my dealer. The owner is hands on, and truly seems like a good guy and human being. I'm guessing he is actually a bit frustrated himself.

My original order was with the big dealer in the area, they are just at bit old school in the way they do business and I didn't particularly trust that they wouldn't hose me on pricing so I moved to this dealer, just on my original bronco. I drive by the big dealer daily and he has about 7 broncos out front, they sure don't seem to sell though given the mark-ups.

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Obvious problem (for consumers) with the whole system is dealer vs. Ford. Dealer is Ford's customer and you or I are the Dealer's customer. Ford sells at fixed price, dealers don't. Ford is trying to keep dealers happy not you or I happy. Large dealers get large allocations and small ones get small (to none for low volume vehicles). GTs would have only been useful if they guaranteed allocations, which they clearly didn't/don't.

On a related note I just stopped by Aaron Ford of Poway (CA) today. They have 3 Braptors on the lot, $50k ADMs PLUS $6k in BS (massively overpriced) dealer installed add ons. They almost for sure won't get that ADM but will get some. They are hunting for a sucker really...

This isn't going to change until Ford strictly enforces no ADM AND also changes allocation algorithms. Two very large hurdles.

For me personally, getting to the Braptor "party" late, my investigations told me that the highest volume dealers would maximize my chances and I think this will get me an allocation this year.

That's my only perhaps somewhat helpful advice to "abandoned" GT holders. If you don't yet have an allocation and VIN you're probably going to need to switch dealers.

Best of luck to OP and others in the same boat. This Braptor fever we surely share is intense...
Sponsored

Last edited: